Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews in Jacksonville, FL

its a job Nothing special used to be a great place to work They have changed lots of things Soooo not that great your not a tech anymore just maintance tech now
benefits
Cons
no work
I have been with the company for over 4 years and have been for the most part very satisfied with my time here. I recognize this is mostly due to the excellent people who surrounded and taught me. The hours can be annoying, as I have for work life balance, but I am well paid for it.
Pros
Forward movement, good pay, clear directions
Cons
Work life balance
Great job great place to work. The only reason I quit was the manager wanted me to charge people for things they didn't really need. I was told to make them believe a repair was dire when it was not. To me that felt dishonest so I quit. If ur ok with it then u will fit in well.
Pros
1/2 day sat off sunday, pay, relaxed atmosphere easy $
Cons
Dishonest management and practices
Do not work for this company. 6 day work weeks 10-12 hours a day. No overtime because you’re salary. They constantly harass you into add on useless sales to offer the customers. They thrive on misery.
Pros
Some have closed their doors. Out of business
Cons
Being desperate enough to work there
Great company to work for. Wanted to gain more in depth knowledge of auto repair which is why I left. People were friendly and work environment was great. Really enjoyed my time there.
Its ok, I have 15 years in and ASE certified, they treat you like a glorified GS. That is until they need you to do something for them. The store manager is same type everywhere, bring everything in and then panic that people have been waiting too long. Or it's getting close to closing time. They make no sense but same everywhere
Pros
They have decent benefits
Cons
Managers, always short on help
I really liked it at Goodyear, but I was looking to for a admin job when i got this one. i stayed 5 years, but it was time to move on. management was wonderful i was taught all the office functions, sales, inventory ect. work place was very good, hardest part of job was inventorying all those tires. most enjoyable part was the customers and people i worked with.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
no cons
Had some hard times working for goodyear but the pros out way the cons and pay was great as well as weekends off at my location and great coworkers I do miss working there
Don't care about employee. Very stressful company to work for. Only care about the dollar. Very bad turnaround rate. Management makes environment very stressful and terrible company to work for.
This company is a family oriented company and treats employees like family. There is a sense of urgency to welcome new employees into the fold and it's a fun work environment to work in.
Pros
Family oriented work place.
Benefits
Buena empresa muy interesante muy buen servicio al cliente servicio professional
Customer Advisor is was my job to let the guest know what was wrong with vehicle and what it would take to repair them. Also make sure that we had the parts to work on the vehicles.
Local Jacksonville upper management presses for increased sales and gross margin at any cost. Appreciation for gains over prior year are nonexistent. No work life balance. Expect to work six days 11 hours a day.
Pros
After many years the pay is not bad
Cons
District manager can be very difficult to work with.
the management was the problem was always over my shoulder was not use to it i had no good days i was the only one in the shop but it was mechanic work my passion so i went with pay was great thats what i enjoyed
Pros
uniforms
Cons
very busy
great company to work for. pay was great. i would reccomend them to everyone. it was a fun place to work at. pay and bonus very good
Managers only get one day off per week When you do have a day off people constantly call Pay was decent when it was salary, now since it turn to hourly Techs are disrespectful Customer's a demanding
Pros
Cons
everything
a hard day fun an full of worklearning how to mingle with other and how communicate and deal with customersco-workers are helpful and very fun to be aroundhardest part of the job is maybe the heatthe most enjoyable part of the day is meeting new people
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
hot days
i loved working for this company and learned alot of what i know now they had great advancement to move up with the company.
Pros
benifits, hours, bonuses, pay raises
Cons
no cons
Never you have launch break. Never now when you clock out. Is for people no have family or social live.
My time withThe Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. was a part of my life that i will always remember. My different jobs with Goodyear was very rewarding during this part of my career. Goodyear was focused on training and job advancement. It was very important to Goodyear to employ and train the best employees the area had to offer!
Pros
excellent pay, some of the best training available in the market.
Cons
very long hours, very little family time, no time off