Goodyear logo
Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews in Metairie, LA

Found 5 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,478 reviews

Fast paced with plenty of learning opportunities.

I loved this job and gave it my everything with intentions of moving up to corporate. Bad management, more specifically a horrible store manager, saw to it that those dreams were crushed. Job happiness is really dependent on which store you work at and who is your manager. Tech roles can be lucrative, entry positions can be treated poorly but if you can learn quick that will go a long way. Sales are under payed(well, a lot of roles there are) considering they are the face of the store. Upper management should be more personal and understand how shops actually operate on a day to day basis. That would go a long way with the numbers expectations. If you are a certified tech I would consider this place, and if you are car savvy as well as people friendly, I would recommend it. I miss it everyday.

Pros

Knowledge, Overtime to be had, can be good money.

Cons

Benefits are pricey, really bad store managers, entry level sales and tech underpaid for what they do.

worst company

told I was sent home pending review over a tire sale that was made price matching , I'm always been targeted for some odd reason , always being over looked for job advancement , I'm a hard worker I stay late to get the job done , do what ever it takes to make the sae and no I'm being penalized for it

high turnover

always training new employees, high turnover rate. the shop environment was clean and safe. open late hours, weekends, and major holidays. you getexperience on all makes and models

Good place to work.

Fast growing business with strong commitment to gaining market share and enhancing customer service. Typical day consisted of reviewing previous days Invoices and documents. Following up on banking and AP and AR accounts. Review with sales team as to where they are at in order to exceed Goals for week and month. Reviewing inventory and re-ordering product as needed. Overseeing 16 routes daily plus hot shots, while Off loading 3-4 Semi trucks per week.

Company that has no direction.

A typical day for me consisted of running everything with the mechanics and shop. Ordering parts and maintaining the inventory to make sure we had what was needed for the task at hand. Management was severly lacking and has an "Old way" of doing business. Customer care and honesty was not in high regards with this company. Lack of training was another problem. I enjoyed being able to help customers and finiding the best solution for their needs.

Pros

40 hour work week

Cons

to many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1,140