Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

Good pay, benefits and depending on location management. But if you've been in an automotive job before its not to different than any other, with all the good and bad that entails.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, 1hr lunch
your just a number to upper management at corp, They do not respect how hard you work or the sacrifices you make on behalf of the company.upper management has vey little or no knowledge what is involved in running a store daily. They only care about rules they make up while sitting in their offices, and even that they mess up badly per you tube.
Pros
discount on tires, healthcare, 401
As long as you understand there are long hours required, and little time to see your family, this is a great place to work. They are open on the weekends including Sundays, as well as most holiday's but there is no holiday pay involved.
Depending on location...may be a fast pace and need to be a quick thinker. All experience will come in time but tools are needed as you grow in this field.
Pros
discounted parts
Cons
on feet
Great coworkers who work together great as a team no selfish workers there who only care to be there to collect a check learned a lot of customer service
Pros
Long work hours
Cons
Short lunch break
goodyear is a good company to work for. not only are they a national clothing chain , they are also a national automotive repair chain with lost of automotive repair center thru out the country. they also provide training for their technicians and also to their managers . i would recommend this company to friends and family. they provide an opportunity for everyone that works for the company clear choice for advancement...
Pros
experience was great . i recommend
Cons
they don't serve lunch
I worked there for over 2 years they monitor every aspect of your driving by gps tracking even how hard you make a turn but that's not the bad part the warehouse manger won't stand up for himself and diffently not drivers from fear of losing his job so at the end drivers are abused that's why people quit the only people that stay are the ones that feel they can't do better which is sad!! You will unload trucks everyday by hand 1200 tires ranging from 25-200lbs while other driver watch and try to leave asap on there route and not at a normal rate they have 2 labor ready guys throwing tires at you as fast as they can so they can go home and you have to catch them coming at you at 30 mph and stack them by code it's almost impossible to do when's it's 2 against one and if there's 2 of you most likely your intercepting them from going everywhere and re-throwing them to the other end of the warehouse it's ridiculous and the fun part is good year does not have any type or Claps on the forklift to move the mass number of tires (truck tires included) which means you will be counting them and writing everything down by hand and you'll be moving the tires off the truck stacking them by numerical order then moving them again to the isle they're supposed to go to then when you have a chance put them all up in the rack all by hand, it's backbreaking work and you won't be able to move in the warehouse because they will be tires literally everywhere thousands as far as you can see which all have to go up in the racks. You being new will be worked as a slave and the whole sale manger - more...
Pros
You can say you work for Goodyear
Cons
Back breaking work and dead end job!!
If you like the automotive industry, this is the place to work for. It is a rewarding career with outstanding benefits and career movements.
Pros
wonderful employment staff
Cons
long drive
good job. customers are friendly and i have learend a lot of knowledge that i can take and apply to my future career.
A typical day at work is like every other day routine, Open up the shop clean up floor to begin our day. Second check which vehicles wasn't finished the day before to get right on it so we aren't behind for the day. Then we continue the day with customer vehicles with Complete maintenance check and oil changes depending what service they purchased. I've learned many things from very different vehicles, such as new hybrids with steps on servicing. Learned new and quicker ways to service vehicles. Management always kept an eye out for us if we were doing something wrong and helped us through out our way to keep job duties safe. My co-workers were excellent people to work with, always gave a hand to help and always gave advice. Nothing better then to work with people who enjoy the same thing you do. The hardest part of the job i can say is the heat, due to the fact the shop didn't have such good ventilation. so working with sweat in you're eye isnt so great. The most enjoyable part of the day is we don't leave late from work, Sun is still up every day we leave. Working hours are really great and gives us time to spend our day out after work hours.
Pros
Every day Learning experience, love working on cars.
Cons
Hot weather with no good ventilation.
Goodyear is a fairly company to work for even to the point of considering retirement.
Pros
team workers
Cons
good benefits