Goodyear logo
Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews in Social Circle, GA

Social Circle, GA45 reviews

Found 45 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,475 reviews

Pay is descent and have many days off

You get 7 days off in a month, job is not too bad. Pay is pretty decent, get as much over time you want. I haven't really been here long but they offer a sign on bonus

Pros

Days off

Cons

Equipment and building is outdated

Run away

Terrible place to work hated working there extremely hot bad management Human Resources doesn’t care about the workers and management is the same way terrible

don't do it

If you value work/life balance and a friendly work environment, this is not the place for you. No flexibility, heavy micromanagement and overall toxic work environment. Mangers are no good

Good pay swing shift always over time available 12 hours shifts 7 straight days off every month can’t beat it awesome over all........................

Not Worth It

During your “training phase” the work seems manageable. You will be set up with a few people which will give the illusion that the work load is easy to manage. Once you are “certified” you will begin to notice that some people you will work with only look out for themselves. Management is very strict with being on time that even being a few minutes late will get you in trouble. The company either has something breaking or they run out of usable material to keep work flow going. The job is not worth the pay they start you out at.

Pros

A lot of time off

Cons

Everything else

Don't do it if you have high expectations

As has been said in other posts, it's a hot working environment. But honestly, you can adjust to the heat. But it's much harder to adjust to the lack of caring that's shown by the management towards the people who who work here. It's all about the bottom line, so if you come here with that in mind, you'll do OK. But if you are expecting something more professional in their treatment of the employees, you may want to look elsewhere

Pros

The pay after 18 months

Cons

Everything else

Disfunctional and Crazy Work Environment

Day to day is stressful but the people can be nice. Not sure what direction the company as a whole is going and it can be confusing at times. Will take care of you though.

It will ruined your health black rubber smoke

The worse job I ever worked. They don't care about your health. I ask about a respirator and still haven't received one after 10 days. There is black smoke in the place and it always irritating my throat. You work like slaves trust me. They will lie to you about the pay on-site visit they said in six months reach full pay. Then when you start they will tell you you will reach your full pay in 18 months. Stay away. thwork

I hated it

I didn't like it at all. It was one of the worst job I ever had. Management was messed up. I was there for 3 years and now they want to require a GED and when they didn't give me enough time to get it but half of the plant doesn't have theirs and they didn't have to get one cause they are in the union right is right and wrong is wrong.

Review

Kind of strenuous work environment. I don’t feel there is much room for advancement. The pay is decent, over time is okay. I would recommend this job overall.

Very 🥵 Hot

Just started working there! Been a month now! Very hot inside and fast paced! Not built for everyone but if you not afraid to work and able to stay healthy this job is great! Built for men and not Lil boys!!

Productive environment

Very Stressful environment. Youll have to work in the heat for 12 hrs and the fans dont work. Maintainance main priority is the buffer line because thats the final step before shipment. Overall this job is not made for everyone.

Very productive not a place to play around. Strict about attendance, very hot so drink lots of water. A very strenuous and straight forward job.

Repetitive long nights of strenuous work in hot climates all day long. Very productive, straight business, with 300 degree temperatures with very little help

Pros

Free popsicle, 3 short breaks

Cons

The heat

Excellent

Im very work oriented and ready for a great company to work with i learned so much at the other jobs I've worked for goodyear showed me a great experience with the maintenance

Learn politics

Play the game well. I started young and should have received a free education. I waited too long and they no longer paid for school. I finally went to school and try to advance but they hired outside help.

production

On average good year is a great opportunity for advancement. I am a female and the job I was performing was too much for my body to perform, it was definitely for a man. It began to cause female body issues.

The contant pressure to produce more made foe tough work place.

The conditions were tough to work in, with extreme the heat and/or cold and the press to produce more. Management could have been better with people skills, which often caused for frequent turn over.

Pros

free water to help deal with heat.

Cons

refer to review

A good work place with benefits

I enjoy working with hard working an positive people it create a comfortable an better work place to perform daily work duties whether it's 8 hrs or 12 hrs

Pros

Only if free lunch are given

Cons

If breaks are short that's not a problem

Productive company with a fast paced environment

Company that becomes your second family because you work together for 12 hours during your scheduled work days. Come to work to do your best job, with a positive attitude. Being respectful of others and your work environments makes the working process run so much smoother because that leaves alot of room for coworkers to work together.

Pros

Friendly coworkers, 7 days off each month to travel or just relax

Cons

You must adjust your body to the temperatures inside the plant.

Stay Away!!

First off let me say this there are some good people that work there But they get taken advantage of. Now If you value your health and body don't work there. It's nasty in there. The machines are no good. They want you to put way too much stress on you body. One person shouldn't have to meet production for an entire shift for the entire plant by themselves. But that's what they do. They don't care about quality of the product just how much they can get out. They are in violation of OSHA all the time. the Building in low standard. It rains inside the building. The machines catch on fire, The building itself catches on fire. They don't care about your health or safety. Do your research before going there. There's a reason why they have a 200% turnover rate. Look up Goodyear OHSA Violation you'll see everything I say about them is true. And the pay they want you to work there 3 years before they pay you what you should already be making. Pass on this company.

Pros

ok Benifits

Cons

everything else

Fast pace environment

I held three jobs during my time at Goodyear tire and rubber company. My last job assignment was interesting. I was put in a position where I lead my production line. Which consisted of 6 employees. I really enjoyed the work hours. Even though we worked 12 hour days. The week were in intervals. Every other week we would get at least 5 days off. Working at Ford Motor assembly plant, Circuit City and Goodyear tire rubber company. I have acquired a plethora of knowledge. That I can bring to any company.

Pros

Free uniforms and dry cleaning

Cons

To many machine malfunctions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1,140