Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews in Topeka, KS

So far so good here but it could be better management doesn’t do a very good job of managing the employees and so there’s a lot of confusion. Also if you have medical problems they won’t care about it.
Doesn't matter how good your performance is, it's never good enough. Plant leadership and their direct reports all manage at 2 levels lower than they should be. Area managers and specialists are constantly beat down and blamed for the poor management of plant resources.
Pros
Good pay amd benefits.
Cons
Toxic culture, never feels like you win
Cash is King, not much more you can say. I know every company needs to make money, but when cash is your only focuse, you forget the people that help you make that cash!!
Pros
Non
Cons
Dirty work, long days, no over time, on call even when on vaction.
Training is poor. Covid 19 precautions were a joke. Managers do not communicate well. Health insurance is great. I had a constant sinus infection and headaches from breathing in the black dust that covers everything!
Pros
Great health insurance
Cons
Poor training, bad communication, unhealthy environment, covid 19 precautions are a joke
seniority based plant ; so if your low man on the totem pole, your last in every category, as far as shift preference, department, etc. There is always conflict between the company and the union. Great benefits!
Pros
benefits, union protection
Cons
company will replace you without hesitation
● Work-life balanceGood People. Good work environment.● OverallGood people. Good environment. Good pay and Benefits. Managers are very helpful. Great union. I work and the tire room which the temp was 70 all year round. Nice.
I really enjoyed the work, It was very labor intensive and I liked working with the people to complete the job. We all had different jobs with the same finished product goal.
Pros
Good people and good management
Cons
No climate control
it's a ok place to work but i would like to work somewhere better. Goodyear has a culture of letting people that feel as if they are entitled, that all they have to do is show up. i try to have the belief that i try to make the company money because if the company is making money i am making money.
Best job you can get in Topeka with a GED, once you get good the work is easy and managers won't ride your tail if you get your job done. WW2 warehouse so it's definitely dirty.
Would go back to work there anytime. Great pay great Management. Payed training. Ase Reimbursement. Even payed for classes out of state and Hotel. The best company i have worked for.
Some areas are really dirty to work in, supervisors come and go, most of the people are easy to work with. Overall good benefits and good pay. Shift hours
Lots of work available and improved efforts with continuous improvements. Team work. Good product and employees take pride in their efforts to produce an excellent product.
Good people tht will help if you need it excellent pay and benefits to take care of a family and alot of paid time off so you can have a work/family balance
Overall a gerat work place with a good work life balance and ability to move throughout the company. Completed value-added work for both the company and personal growth as an engineer.
This job is best for young people the environment is poor and hour can be long, but breaks are provided and pay is far above average. Union members have little chance for advancement
I worked at Goodyear as a contractor . The work culture was good and I enjoyed completing a successful job.I was a Superintendent and was at this Goodyear for the project that I was running . After the job was successfully completed with no issues . I returned to Ohio for another project .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Far from home
Very hard on your body and long hours on your feet. I do like the feeling of doing a good job on time. I like to know I did the best I could do on my job.
Pros
Good money
Cons
too short of breaks
When you complete challenges that the company puts out for stores to compete with its cool because you can win days where you get your lunch paid for.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
always busy
 Implementation of NFPA 70e, develop and implement Lockout Program, including extensive LOTO training  Hoist and Crane Inspections, Safety Reporting, Preventative Maintenance Program, JSA, Labeling, Placarding, Ergonomics, Audits and Accident Investigation  Target Zero Facilitator, responsible for managing and sustaining Near Miss Safety Program and OSHA 501 Trainer  Certified Safety Advisor and Radiological Officer  Electrical Operation of Industrial Equipment  2300v Sub Station – Inspection / Repair  AC-DC Drive Motors – Brush and Armature, Monitor and Replacement
This was a hard company to work for. They expect a lot, and often did not give credit when someone was successful. Instead of celebrating successes, the question was "Why didn't you do more?"
Low level management jobs are toughest in plant. Lots of hours and hard to have a good balance between home and work life. If you are very flexible, you can handle the job.