Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews in Union City, TN

Fast-Paced, but a laid back group of people. Great atmosphere. Made a lot of friends just like family. Wages and Insurance were two main keys about this job.
The good: great bay with great benefits. A steady and reliable work week.The bad: They can shut you down and move overseas faster than you can blink.
Management is under tremendous pressure to meet production goals. The unrealistic demands from upper managers cause great stress on lower level employees. Co-workers are unfriendly at best, and at worst will backstab and blame everyone but themselves when there is any kind of problem. The ONLY thing that matters to this company is profits, and lots of it. The attitude is "Do what I told you... We didn't hire you to think!" The above average pay is the only reason anyone ever stays with this outfit. (By the way, even with their "slave driver" mentality, they couldn't get enough from the employees and decided to close down the local plant in 2011.)
There was a bad union (not all unions are bad) that treated everything like a conflict. It made it hard due to trying to satisfy the employer and the union reps.
it was very rewarding to make a safe dependable tire for the customer. the hardest part of job enduring the extreme heat. the culture was diversed but worked together to get the job done.
, My average day was from 8 to 12 hours a day and 16 on weekends. Management was not very helpful and I learned that the pay was more than average,, GREAT benefits and pay,, I did not enjoy how NASTY the work place was, everyday was different,, I worked in extreme conditions and made everyday what it was,, MY families lifestyles.
Pros
great benefits and pay
Cons
extreme conditions and pressure. stress on my body and the family
Employee first Competitive wage Customer first Safe work environment Opportunity for advancement Comrodery Employer values Quality products Positive
This was a very fast paced and hot place to work but I loved it. Kept you busy so the afternoon went by very quickly. All the guys were very helpful training me and getting me ready for my job
Long days, no chance of advancement, very much an old boys club. Late night phone calls, on call on weekends. Scheduled to work weekends for no pay. No balance.
Pros
money
Cons
I worked there as an intern in the stock room for the human resource department. It was an opportunity for me to learn the basic necessities of HR and fueled my dream to pursue HR as a career.
Good place to work that helped me to provide for my family,with health, dental, and vision.Goodyear also provided me with a good salary that I could put my children through school.I felt privileged to have been part of the company.
Pros
good salary
Cons
6 day work week
The heat was the hardest part of the job. The work area was also dirty. The people were great and we had good supervisors. I supplied supplies to machines and it had to be done in a timely manner. I learned that I am a strong person who can do a great job and be very proud of my job.
Pros
healthcare and retirement
Cons
the plant closed
Good Year was my first experience with making tires for vehicles. The management was cohesive and collaborative. The culture was a family culture. The hardest part was managing employees that had longevity with the company. The comradery with the employees.
Goodyear was a great place to work. Job security was okay and it was a union based company. I enjoyed my job and working at this company. I wish they would not have move the job to another location.
Pros
great place t work
As a manager here it was tough. A union environment is not for everyone but it was one of the reasons my salary was so good. Lack of trust would be the biggest issue I could see between management and hourly employees
Pros
pay is great
Cons
stress of the job
I really enjoyed the time I had there, but at the age of 25, it gave me hypertension. Stress level to perform was extremely high. Left for less stressful career, and one with advancement opportunities.
it was a good place to work I wish they didn't close I learned a lot of skills there I built tires I cured them I built batches in bandburry I checked tires for conformance.
Pros
good money benifits
Cons
Great place to work. Offered great insurance with a salary that provided a great living for me and my family. I would recommend Goodyear to anyone and if I ever have the opportunity to work for them in the future I would.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
I worked there for 11 years. Had to transfer to Alabama plant temporarily but remained with company until able to transfer back. I would still be there if the plant had not closed.
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
They closed
Plenty of room for advancement at times. They shutdown our plant and gave everyone the opportunity to move to other plants across the United States. I chose not to move
pay was excellent , benefits was good, i retired with 32 yrs at goodyear, it was an experience i will never forget, most people there where good to work with
Pros
good pay and good insurance
Cons
hard work and stressful