Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Automotive Technician

Pay was really good enviorment was good to only thing i felt was that the customers didn't really get treated good by some of the employees. very busy though
Pros
Pay and Environment friendly
Cons
Location traffic and Health care
In the store I worked in when I started was pretty good. Everyone helped each other. After my second week everything went down hill. Shop management acts all high and mighty. Only guy who was the same after my first month was a guy I'll call T for privacy. If I needed help T was there. Advancement was limited. Pay was pitiful and no matter your knowledge of the car world. You start at entry level. Even when you apply for better levels.
Pros
1 hour lunch. Non managment employees are just like you.
Cons
Managment team members are high and mighty. Time window to request off is very slim
What i have learned is to be a team player .Also be a leader not a follower and do the best you can.and try to get the best out of every day every job is important. I would come back there anytime.
Pros
Clean and safe workplace
Cons
Some bad employees
Base pay + commission sounds good until all the work is taken from you from the lead tech so they make all the money while leaving you to look bad on the books with no work to show for it. It's a one man show at this location and management doesn't care. Jerked around to multiple franchise locations to start over and it's the same story to a different tune. Base pay was fair, but work load was not. No opportunities to advance.
Pros
Base pay
Cons
hierarchy within
Started with Goodyear after a year with Pepboys back in 99 or 2000. They sent me to school and I worked my way up to Master Tech after a few years. I was lucky to be at a busy shop and never sat around. Pay is 100% commission once you get to the level I was at so it really depends on your service managers skills at selling jobs. Thankfully mine was amazing. I would recommend going here if you are interested in working on every kind of vehicle that is out there.
Pros
Busy shop and made great money
Cons
Had to work every Saturday the entire time I was there
Everything is go go go and that is what works best for me. I love a faced paced environment and working as a team. We all come together to solve any car problem
its a job Nothing special used to be a great place to work They have changed lots of things Soooo not that great your not a tech anymore just maintance tech now
benefits
Cons
no work
Excellent employer, great working conditions and pay, great cars to work on, great workshop, well equipped, worked at Chelsea Victoria,Workshop from 1/6/2015-30/7/2015, it’s just a shame they didn’t have enough work for me that’s why the position ended as a Qualified Automotive Technician.
The enviroment and people at this job are amazing. The shop normally runs like clockwork very clean and trustworthy to the end. However the management is sub Par and how they handle disputes is childish to say the least.
Goodyear will promise you the world and only want to pay you 30 hrs a week because of poor management in able to keep work coming in then the manager will sit in her office and come out to belittle the employees in front of each other no sence of leadership an absolute horrible place to be if you want to advance
Was pushed to leave I would not recommend working there even as a tech they take care of there own an use the rest for tires one guy hit 40 plus every week and id get 30 they give all big jobs to one guy
Pros
You will learn tires an balancing
Cons
Horrible flat rate shop
Great company to work for. Wanted to gain more in depth knowledge of auto repair which is why I left. People were friendly and work environment was great. Really enjoyed my time there.
I have learned a lot. When I started working for Goodyear I had no experience. But now I am good and comfortable working on cars and with others. I'm a team player.
My day starts at 7:30 am and I open up store turning on compressors , start up computers and unlocking doors. Manager goes above and beyond to make customers happy and the employees.
I get along with everybody and try to show the new guys on learning mechanical wok. I would like better benefits an better pay also I would like to have more paid hours.
Highly recommend working here, there is a lot to learn , work to be done and in a good friendly not stressful work environment. Management works with employees on lots of things and the work days fly by.
What time is it gonna do I gotta was a time of day to go back I gotta is a time for us we gotta I wanna eat time we can come over and get a drink or I’m a little hungry but I’m going back home and eat some
Great opportunity to expand knowledge of automobiles and how they work and what to do to fix them. Fast paced quick work days with a good feeling of helping people fixing problems others can not.
work opportunities are good for advancement and pay raises. Must not be too bad of a place to work, I was there off and on for 18 years! Once in a while, you get some trying managers, but not often. That's something you take a chance on anywhere!
There was no team work . Every body was lazy . The management at that time had favorite people , some he liked , some he did not like . Some he treated better than others . That is one reason I left , among alot of other reasons .
no organization .broken equipment not fixed in timely fashion. parts for techs not ordered in timely fashion.management doesn't care about anybody.management constantly late.
  1. Automotive Technician