Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Builder

The work is very very repetitive but the pay is great. The management is fair but they really only care about numbers and production. Most of the equipment is very out date and broken and maintenance doesn't really fix it they just rig it up so it works for a few more days then it breaks down again.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Repetitive, Shift work
Coming from a job with mandatory overtime (64 hours per week minimum) with horrible hourly pay and rotating shifts to unlimited voluntary overtime (36 hours per minimum) with double the last jobs hourly pay and rotating shifts I am ecstatic. Only required to work 14 days a month which is great if you want to spend time with family or you can work all the overtime you want if needed. This is a physically taxing job but you get used to it. This is a great opportunity and great potential career. People that say otherwise don't know any better and take it for granted or are lazy. I've worked much harder for much less pay and appreciation. I'll cherish being blessed this opportunity to support and spend lots of time with my family and I won't lose any sleep because others don't. Unless you are just thrown in to a golden situation like a trust fund or other unlikely scenarios, you won't get a much better deal without a degree. The military won't provide you with this balance of financial security and time off with family. Been there.
Pros
Great pay and plenty of time off.
Cons
Can be physically taxing.
Wasn't a bad place to work. Got along with my coworkers. 12 hour rotating shifts can be brutal. Pay was awesome. The job is physically demanding at times but your body will get use to it
Pros
7 days off
Cons
Rotating 12 hour shifts
The good: great bay with great benefits. A steady and reliable work week.The bad: They can shut you down and move overseas faster than you can blink.
Money is the only thing that motivates me at this place. Other then that, it's hot and stinky.. Manufacturing using old fashioned machines. And management is hot garbage..
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Older employees want newer employees to fail if they don't fit into their "clique". Good pay and benefits. 12 hours shifts. Union company but not as bad as some that I've seen.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Rough on the body, toxic environment
The work was hard but it paid well. The worst part was horrible management and managers that were only out to get people fired. The days you worked were good because out of a two week period you only worked seven days.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Terrible place to work management treats you horrible like you are not even a human being. No compassion all they care about is numbers. Only pros are pay and benefits
There are only managers out there, no leaders. They will contradict themselves on polices. Quantity is over everything even quality. Get numbers no matter what. Also they have become so top heavy with clueless managers and corporate workers that the builders and workers are under constant fire. It’s a miserable place.
Pros
Money is all
Cons
Everything but money
Enjoyed working for good year, good benefits and pay. Work wasn’t exceptionally difficult, however micromanaging and inept managers killed the moral of the tire room.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Managers
Company forces employees to work with substandard equipment. Ppe equipment is scarce. Safety guards are missing. Brakes on forklifts work sometimes. Operators have to perform maintenance to keep machine running because there are not enough maintenance associates. They shut down plants that are older but still performing well, while they continue to operate newer plants that are not operating well.
Pros
Short distance from home.
Cons
Short breaks, poor corporate management, no investment in machines, no respect for workers, closing plants without warning and screwing loyal workers and families.
Lot drama but decent pay the hours are flexible and good benefits. Never know what the company might do but there is room to advance in the company. Good vacation time also.
They don’t care about anyone who works for them. You are nothing more than a number only meant to be used to get more numbers. Management will throw you under the bus fast
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
I've learned alot and met some wonderful people with the company. the pay was great it afforded my familiy a comfortable living. the work wasn't bad nor was the job stressful. could've had better management.
Pros
Great people
Cons
non knowledgeable management
I liked working there goodyear was a good plant to work at I hated that I had to leave but I did and looking For new opportunities I hope it works out for me I’m still looking for a good place to work atMaybe I will find it in the future I hope so
A typical day is 12 hrs 12 minute breaks with 20 minute lunch. Fast pace work same thing all day every day. Job security is biggest problem and layoffs common.
job was very enjoyable and felt important. benefits were amazing and fair, work hours were fair and always had the option of changing shift if you have enough senority
The company is not able to keep up with the demand due to the poor evaluation on the issues in the plant. Constantly harassing the department that gets their job done but ignores the department where the issue is. Lays off employees to save money but makes it hard to keep up demand.
It is company where you learn to be flexible to understand how to work under pressure. Understanding how to stay focused when you are doing your job. It is the company that would only hire people that are responsible give it all when it comes to do their jobs
Start with a safety meeting , walk around machine measure stock and check stock to ensure it’s proper stock. Sign onto Machine There is a left side right side Mach send in one side ensure proper material is on drum the ensure proper material on other drum until Tire is built. Hardest part of job is loading and unloading stock have ply and liner that weight 1,000 lbs that you must roll in and out of machines as well as other material. Goodyear as a whole is a great environment the workers become like family and are respectful and help each other out Best part of job is knowing I’m building a product for a family that’ll drive on it everyday
I Been there for 5 years but have been doing cut back and offered to buy me out so I took it to look for a diffrent carrier path. Thats less stressful anf more time with family