Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Center Manager

I really enjoyed working with Goodyear Lawton, one the flagship plant of Goodyear. People loved coming to work. The plant has Pride and Ownership driven at the lowest level. Best Plant in the World. Employee Engagement at it's Best!
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Voice is heard with results. Team Work at all levels of the company
Cons
Shouldn't have left! Real talk!
Horrible company Center manager is fake, no care for employees, overworked, underpaid, underappreciated, no future, and lie about pay and bonuses. No work home balance
Pros
Cons
Over worked, over stressed, micromanaged
I worked for goodyear for 5 years. Advanced up to store manager. Once on salary they work you like crazy. Wanted me as salary to run after hours road calls and not pay me any extra
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work life balance. Treat you as a number
Said most of it above. Lots of opportunities for advance but you’ll have to earn it. Good pay. Stressful to achieve daily ticket, complex process and you don’t always have everyone equally pulling on the rope.
would not recommend as it was taken over in 2015 by Summitomo Rubber USA and the new owners have a very unorganized with poor communication on key objectives.
Pros
good money and benifits
Cons
No Work life balance, if you are a salary member they believe they own you
I started out as a customer of Goodyear when I worked at a trucking company. When my company was bought out Goodyear offered me a job as an Office Manager and I ended up running my own store within a year. Great place to work!
Overall, great company to work for. Compensation and benefits are outstanding. Management is attempting to lead through new techniques, but mechanical breakdowns and inefficiencies make these attempts difficult to maintain. Work place culture is ok, good relationship exists between management and union associates. Majority of associates really strive to make the plant successful. However, old age and constant usage of machinery are making this more difficult to do consistently. Would recommend this company to actively searching candidates.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
work - life balance
Great company, great leadership and a great product, enjoyed everyday I worked there and regret being lured by the competition for more money (money isn't everything)
Good Work Structure, good working environment. Good management structure. There was always a clear process how to proceed to do everything, as well as who to contact.
Day consisted of fulfilling customer orders, predicting up to 60 day needs, ordering, DOT compliance, hiring, firing, talent development, inventory control and customer service. I enjoyed the customer/employee interactions. There were no aspects of my job that I did not enjoy.
A typical day consist of arriving at work at 530AM and leaving the plant, on most days around 5PM. I have learned how very important it is to listen to and involve associates at floor level in resolving problems and improving. Management is moving the company in profitable directions as of late. Many of coworkers are engaged and work well together. The hardest part of the job is balancing floor time with meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a team of people for common goals and objectives.
Pros
everyday a challenge.
Cons
work life balance lacking.