Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Client Advisor

Good pay, benefits and depending on location management. But if you've been in an automotive job before its not to different than any other, with all the good and bad that entails.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, 1hr lunch
Company expects you to stay late to finish something only for you to get send home early the day so they don’t have to pay you over time. Above store level managers expect the shops to be clean and orderly but won’t fix out side signs ours have been out over 3 years. High level managers have no clue about the auto business most have never worked in a shop! One mistake and your getting fired. The company is pure 1 way
I love the customers and my job but what falters the most is my management team. They often mistreat their employees and do not have a positive reinforcement attitude. We should stand by our employees and lift them up when the going is good and coach them through the rough patches. The negativity is a nightmare in my store.
I greeted incoming customer's. Assisted them with their vehicle needs. I took their information and keys, offered courtesy rides. I was the person who called the customer with any recommendations that the technician would see fit to improve the life of the customer's car. I also assisted customers with tire purchases. I paid the bills, assisted with parts and tires inventory.
Reviews are only provided once per year. Pay for performance is a joke. The workforce associates are easy to work with in most cases, however, mid to upper management, not so much. Little encouragement to move up and little to no support to do so. What I did enjoy about this job is helping people resolve issues with their vehicles and building relationships with them.
Competitive pay and benefits but dealing with the customers to always make them happy can be exhausting. Much different than just a regular retail job, Work long hours, but there's overtime. Most days is an hour lunch time (unpaid).
Pros
discounts, free lunches occasionally, nice customers
Cons
loud work environment
My typical day at work would have been by myself. The management fought like little kids. I enjoyed my job just not the management. The people that worked in the back of the shop are the best they worked hard and did what was asked. The management is what is the issue with Goodyear in pooler.
At Goodyear customer service is key. You will gain automotive knowledge over time if you don't have it. Flexible hours for students. Goodyear was a great company to work for.
Customer Advisor is was my job to let the guest know what was wrong with vehicle and what it would take to repair them. Also make sure that we had the parts to work on the vehicles.
Employees and management changes very frequently; whether they get fired, transferred, or acquire a new job they don't seem to stay here very long.
Pros
Hour Lunches
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Goodyear?
This was a fun place to work. Great people to work with and I was trusted with a lot of responsibility and advice.
Pros
Fun, co-workers and trusted
Cons
benefits, hours, advancement
A typical day consists of long work hours, day and night shifts including weekends. Great staff of technicians to works with however no execution of management.
Pros
Good medical health dnatl and vision benefits.
Cons
short breaks, no breaks, long days/nights and weekends
six days a week with people who are higher up than you and are completely complacent in just doing the minimum while in the process making everyone below them feel like they are worth nothing
Pros
benefits and vacation time
Cons
management
Very good company to work for if its corporate owned and run.
good place to start and get your feet wet in a career. Much room for advancement
Goodyear is a good place for younger techs to learn the ropes with a safety net. Over all solid ethics but lots of instruction from above.Good pay for a retail automotive repair shop.
management under skilled and unprofesional...inconsistant in applying company policies
Pros
good bonuses
Cons
long hours..limited training