Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Forklift Operator

Good job , hard labor , 12 hour shifts, production pay, good respectful people, work 2 weeks out of every month... Drug bvb test after thirty days ...
Goodyear is a good company to work for. If you don't mind getting a little dirty, it's a good living. The job truly changed my life. Had it not closed, I would still be there.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Strenuous, dirty
Training is poor. Covid 19 precautions were a joke. Managers do not communicate well. Health insurance is great. I had a constant sinus infection and headaches from breathing in the black dust that covers everything!
Pros
Great health insurance
Cons
Poor training, bad communication, unhealthy environment, covid 19 precautions are a joke
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Goodyear are goodJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Goodyear, I think it's a day to day basis
The pay good. After you been there for a while you will get a sense of job security. Everybody worry more about politics than doing their job and being productive.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
No job security for first three years
Great place to work with great pay but poor management. Ours are guaranteed overtime is not prohibit. Sales persons unload trucks which I don’t think that I was responsible for.
Not happy the way I was done I would not send no one to work here I was a good worker never had a write up or nothing I work my hards it sad how this place do people the good ones at that
The company always stressed the importance and safety while on the job. The temperatures were veey hot and them cold. This company always allowed for room to grow.
GoodYear is a great company with many great benefits. The work environment was very positive. I enjoyed my time and experience working for Good Year. I would recommend the company.
This company is operated by a production line. Fasted pace and must be willing to work in hot temperatures. Must show up to work daily as you are need to do you part so others can do there's. Some days Wil be longer then others as you are required to hit a tire quantity number. Not many Saturdays. Work,schedule is Monday through Friday.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Goodyear?
Would be a great place to work if they had better bcm's and managers. They don't care about safety only about numbers. Goodyear was the best paying job I had but it wasn't worth injuring my back driving a forklift that had bad tires and a broken seat. All three forklifts in final finish was in the same shape.
Management needs to be and have improvement's, safety concern needs improvement, safety issues and management issues needs improvement. Good people coworkers
I enjoy operating the forklift and i enjoy the people i work around with. It is a good place to move up and the job also includes great benefits for you and your family.
Was employed for good year for over 10 years. Different roles in position were giving and plenty of advancement opportunities. Pay was reasonable. Benefits were reasonable. Planet of overtime was allowed. Awesome company to work for.
Goodyear has a very high pay rate for the area I live in and if money is the only thing you are after then I guess it's the place for you! But it is a very harsh working environment,dangerous,extremely hot,you are constantly breathing dangerous chemicals! And the management is terrible! Ifyouryoulhealtand li
Goodyear has alot of opportunity to give good place nice people to work with .You learn how to use an rf how tho use computer.They care about safety always have meeting about safety.
ok, and busy. lots of work. but not enough material in time.some material was on time and some is not, also had to wait for trucks to get in which made job long at times
Pros
lunch paid for
Cons
good benefits
Great benefits. Work environment can be stressful. Compeitive, long hours, hard work. USAA great union to be part of. They really lookout for the employees .
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hours. Very hot in environment towork in.
The open door policy is absolutely amazing and every associate loves having that option. Zero tolerance policy for any type of discrimination. Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company is a fast paced environment.
Pros
Tripple time pay for birthdays.
Cons
None that i know of.
Good people to work for. Very good and productive work environment, Pay is great. I would recommend working for Good year to anybody willing to put forth hard work and who has a great attitude.
A typical workday at goodyear i was constantly busy with things to do. I learned many skills that I found beneficial to me such as brushing up on my forklift driving, and transporting tire tread. How tires are made and the cycle they go through before they're placed on a vehicle. The hardest part about the job, would have to be the 12 hour shifts, but it was well worth it considering you only worked 15 days out of the month.