Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for General Maintenance

When I worked at Goodyear I was often misled about positions that were open to me other than a general maintenance technician I had the skill set of a tech and the productivity to
This place would be one of the worst choices you make in your career. Horrible management and poor benefits and pay. Some of the co workers I work with are pretty decent. But for the most part are completely incompetent and extremely lazy. There will always be a huge mess every time you walk through the doors. No one cleans up after themselves and deliberately leaves messes for the opener to clean up. Then there's the management that do absolutely nothing to stop the issue. there is no disciplinary action involved so the disrespect is very high. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Cons
Extremely poor management. Unorganized. laziness.
Upper management of the store and the district is terrible. I was the only technician in the shop for months, no help from management. At times leaving me with 3-4 cars in the shop at a time, all waiting in the lobby for the work to be complete. With management constantly watching over my shoulder asking why they were not done yet, when the work was being completed correctly and efficiently as possible. Forcing reduced lunch times to finish cars because of poor scheduling, while they all got to take full lunch hours. Unfair payment due to projects completed that were way above my pay grade. Stay away from the stores in the NW Ohio region!!
Pros
Cons
Forced reduced lunch times, unfair pay, poor management
It was a good company. Pretty organized. There is room to move up if you are in a bigger area or want to move. All around good company to work for with good benefits.
Pros
everything else is great
Cons
commission sucks
Good place to gain knowledge and experience but company does not value there employees.work long hot hours for just a check. Will not advance and the management is horrible!
Pros
Follow the rules get a check
Cons
Lie about pay incentives, does not value you a employee.
Great place to work with the right leadership. I learned a lot just by paying attention and having a willingness to learn from those around me. Would highly recommend this company.
Is a very good place to work at nice people and people work together on problems. The managers are awesome people to work with and everyone is a problem solver.
Its an ok place to work. Managment is horrible. I learned alot. Has great benefits. Pay is not the best. Co workers were ok. Not too bad overall place to work
This company is a good step in the long road in ones career. a good place to get your feet wet and learn new things and be able to perfect ones skills.
By far the worst place of employment I have ever had constantly cursed at by management the shop employee's are referred to as a bunch or r words and morons daily shop manager is racist and ignorant
Very fun to work at, great management, great pay and hours, very safe to work at, strong customer base, nice equipment, hard working and driven employees.
Pros
Pay and hours
Cons
Not very good air flow
Wile working at Goodyear I have learned a lot about how the automotive industry works and runs. I have also learned how to do alignments and breaks. I was hired at Goodyear with almost no prior knowledge of a vehicles steering and suspension components. After working there for almost a year I can say I am very confident in diagnosing steering, suspension, cooling, break, and ac systems.
Management doesn't care about its employees, we held meetings where our manager and district manager told us not to bother calling HR because HR just calls the manager and tells him to take care of the problem. We were given countless promises of job advancement and raises only to be continuously strung along with promises of it coming next month. and the month after that. "it should be here next week. Give me a few more weeks" this behavior would continue for months with each new promise comes more job responsibility or over all more work to be done for the same pay. Complaints brought up to management were all swept aside. We worked outside in the heat and taking a break to drink some water would be a point of contention while our manager took naps in his office in plain view of the rest of the employees. Or sit in his office watching youtube videos all day only to quickly pause them and act surprised if anyone ever went into his office. these complaints would be brought up to the higher ups who would state that what our manager does is none of our buisness. Management would steal shop supplies and/or never replace them. we constantly would run out of necessary items (such as wheel weights) only to then be scolded by the manager by him saying "someone should have told me we were running out!" even though he was kept to date on all inventory as him himself would not do inventory
Your general day is clocking in, and performing tasks based on position on vehicles in the bay. Oil changes, tire replacement, mounting and balancing are the main services that an employee will do, with occasional higher level work depending on skill and experience.
im not exactly sure what to say since they are no longer the same company they are now called just tires. so im going to name 3 fruits banana, apple, pear.
A typical day consists of whatever is on the books for that day. Of course this is pretty much limited to oil changes and tire changes for someone new in the industry. But for someone who already has experience in these, then hopefully you have a technician who doesn't want every job that comes through the building. If you are looking to get into the industry, then this is a good starting place. However, if you are looking to progress within the industry, then I suggest you look somewhere you can gain experience without being considered as the guy who does just the oil changes.
Pros
Adheres to all state requirements for employment
Cons
Managers who don't think beyond the quarter's/(or even the) week's earnings.
Very hostile work environment which was almost encouraged my the gm. No advancement opportunity whatsoever, I was promised training and that I'd be given what i needed to pass an ase exam and after a year I was sent to one class to better understand a hunter alignment machine and that was it for training. My former boss didn't care at All about my abilities, he only cared that he could use me to move 3 oil changes at a time, or do a set of tires (which Goodyear does not pay labor for) while his 2 flat rates soaked up all the labor. In a nutshell Goodyear is only worth working for if you're an already established and equipped mechanic. They wont try to train you or invest in you, or as was my case pay you the amount they agreed to when they hire you. You're nothing but a number to them and if you're filling out the "GMT" for them like i was then they dont care if you bill 30 hours in labor or 12 they only care that you were there to do the work that the flat rates dont want to do. I nearly lost my home because my boss was paying me so little, and I had to leave because i couldn't support my family working for them. Very underhanded, dishonest company. They lie to employees and customers alike and I highly advise any mechanic to stear clear of them.
Pros
The chance to see and experience how a shop runs for the most part.
Cons
Very poor managment (local and regional), low pay, no team work, very dishonest.
Typical work day would be oil changes. Tire rotation, maintenance inspections. Checking brakes, alignment parts, and topping off all fluids. Great work place
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Getting dirty
Mechanical hours and jobs constantly given away. That's some people's incentive pay. Had to hustle customers in to side work to compensate for lack of pay. Rules constantly changing and would never be followed or enforced except when convenient for management.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
Getting robbed blind for mechanical hours (incentive pay)
it was a great experience working there I learned alot and enjoyed my job.My day went by quickly there was always plenty of work to keep me busy throughout the work day. i recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a career in the automobile field, mechanic etc...
Pros
team players
Cons
no overtime
fast paced, lots of knowledge. its great place to pick up knowledge. learn the trade and figure out if its something you want to do. not for inexperienced people.
  1. General Maintenance