Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for General Manager

I was treated fairly and I had one iof the Greatest Supervisors I have ever met. This company offered great training, flexible hours and paid employees fairly.
Over worked and under paid, if you have a family this is not the place for you unless you are looking for an escape. I’ve worked 70 hrs plus for this company. I worked for them as a manager and turned around a location by 300% to just get a thanks. Good luck
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Everything in between
Senior management leadership lacking, hires people out of business to run stores and districts instead of promoting within company. Hard work, loyalty, dedication means nothing
Pros
Good work environment at store level
Cons
Lack of promotion, leadership at senior level only cares for themselves
My time at Goodyear was bad. A lot of work for little pay. Management does their best to keep you at the same level. Lack of respect for employees. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for Goodyear if you want a career in automotive.
Pros
n/a
Cons
you have a job.
Goodyear does not value experience over education even though they say they do now. Many policies change to what is best for management at the time and not employees.
I wouldn't work recommend anybody to work at the Goodyear in Kenner Louisiana the management is the worst management I ever had do not look to move up no time soon with the manager
I enjoyed the work enviorment. Balance was okay between work and home life. I started as a GM and went to a District role working for the corporate office
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place to work. The Bowman family cares deeply about their customers and employees. Quality auto repair and tire services that you can depend on.
We were a customer service primary company. We focused everything around our customer experience and made sure our customers were happy with our service.
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
Very good compensation, but that did not compensate for the long hours, stress and negative work environment that surrounds the automotive industry. You would have to be a real car enthusiast to enjoy the work.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Unrewarding work atmosphere
The job started out to be a good place to work and retire. But midstream, the parent company took over and it went downhill immediately. Our parent company was more worried about moving units instead of customer service.
Pros
Get to meet a wide array of cultures
Cons
behind the eight ball all the time
Great products but poor work environment. Poor work/life balance based on expectations of leadership. Exceedingly political environment. Poor performers protected.
If you are a manager be expected to be heavily micromanaged by corporate office and regional staff. medical compensation is OK but could use improvement. Fun working with Goodyear as long as you stay out of management. pay not as competitive as other Commercial dealers such as Michelin or Bridgestone.
Pros
most of people
Cons
micromanagement
never worked for Goodyear!!!only managed VBS technicians that worked for at the Goodyear factory in Danville, Va. 24/7 Operations. 6 technicians and one service coordinator.
Pros
never worked for Goodyear
Cons
never worked for Goodyear
Goodyear allows associates to advance their career through continuous improvement planning. As management, if you don't have a four-year degree, you max your potential as a store manager. But, that shouldn't be a surprise in today's world.
Pros
Good company - positive culture - they want you to succeed
Cons
Capped on pay scale - incentives ultimately become out of reach
On a typical day, you can plan learning that if something is in correct, you can be awarded with the you did it in correctly award. Told that you're are the reason for problems, and it is driven into the ground. The hardest part is working with don nelson and seeing just how he can award you into the ground. Enjoyable part, closing time.
Pros
Does have good points
Cons
Don Nelson
Executive with proven track record of growing sales through customer focus, improving operating efficiencies and building performance teams resulting in increasing operating income and strengthening the balance sheet. Strong interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
I learned a lot of sales experience within this company. I learned all aspects of running a successful business. This was a team environment based company.
Learned how to successfully run a business, manage other people, hiring and training of a successful team, worked hard to bring this location profitable. I traveled to many other locations within this company to help establish new stores opening.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Relentless with job demands to be audit compliant and employee retention. When a good team is developed one of two things happen. Good talent is pulled to a different position at a different location (so called promotion) or they demand lay offs due to the nature of the business.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Negative Culture and Enviroment
You work 5.5 to 6 days per week. Highly sales driven. Long days for the pay. Good compensation package, but you definitely work for it. Room for advancement is not there. Their bonus structure is horrible.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Plenty of hours for the pay