Goodyear logo
Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Laboratory Technician

Work-Life Balance

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,451 reviews

Great clean working environment.

The management could use some interpersonal skills training but other than that they do try to accommodate your request and concerns. Room to advance is there as well.

Pros

Hour of break per shift

Cons

The immaturity between shifts. No working together for a common goal.

Good place to start

Started working right after college. A good place to learn industry lab skills. Had a good support team. Would have stayed longer if I didn't relocate.

Benefits

Loved it

They job was very fast pace, my management team along with co workers made sure i was correctly fulfilling my job duties and when needed helped me complete tasks, Goodyears benifits and work enviorment has been my favorite hands down.

Contacting workers

It's not a good place to be, you are a contractor in a union plant, most of the union employees are okay with contracts, but there's those that believe the job you are doing should be a union job. Innosource is a staffing agent, little too no contact with its employees. Goodyear doesn't care about its employees, the union helps bad employees keep their jobs, employees care very little about building a quality product. Overall it's a bad place to work.

interesting and productive work

i enjoyed working as a lab.tech. it was interesting and i felt i was productive contributing to the development of our products. i learned a great deal about using lab equipment to better solve problems.

Pros

interesting

Cons

could be stressful at times

Very conservative, legacy culture

Goodyear is a 100 year old company and acts like it. Very slow, full of processes that haven't been updated and people that have been around for 30+ years. Needs to take a hard look at its culture in order to stay relevant. Leadership lacks strategy for the future.

Pros

Work/life balance is good because people don't care

Cons

Vacation is stingy and politics make it hard if you're not in the boys club

Nothing here for young adults

Worked in a "lab" for second shift and realized it was not what I was looking for. No one would take responsibility for their mistakes and would get offended if you saw them doing something wrong and try to fix it. There was a lack of management and they were only in that position since they were there for many years. The culture there is very cut throat. There is a lot of drama there and as long as you don't talk to people, you will be fine and people will like you. You're taught something in 15 minutes and expected to use huge machines for the next 7 hours of work. There are favorites here and management will be on their side when something goes wrong. One of the worst companies I have worked for.

Cons

short breaks, dirty, rude employees, bad management, and bad healthcare.

ruff

the amount of hours worked was not worth the pay. You do get a lot of overtime. requesting days off was pretty easy. But for the work load, I think the pay should be a lot higher

Pros

take breaks anytime you need to

Cons

low pay

Great People

Never had a better job. To bad i couldn't get my degree. I still would be working there. Would work there agian the state tries to take away from us.

Pros

Great People that love to help others

Cons

no cons

Best job ive ever had by far.. Lots of prfessionalism fun atmosphere great co workers and bosses

Its an awesome place to work... I enjoy every moment of it.. Good training simple easy work to pick up and learn from... Lots of experienced co-workers willing to help you

Pros

Relaxed laid back atmosphere

Cons

Over all I found my job rewarding and fulfilling.

A typical day at work started with gathering samples of dips, cements, and slurries used within the plant to test for solids. Then checking to see what is being produced and where the previous shift left off in testing of compounds and get started. Taking time to test and calibrate machines as you go. Gather samples to be tested. test samples. Depending on whether samples failed or passed; release compounds that passed or place failing compounds on hold, to be retested. Report all compounds that have failed to management and leads. When production operators need new formulas for production changes pull up formulas as required. Enter data as needed and required in computers. I got along with management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with production while doing retest for failed product. The most enjoyable part was being able to work alone at my own pace. The ability to use time management is a must.

Benefits

Cons

12 hr. Shifts

testing of raw materials used in the Auto industry and how they were used. Management was ok, coworkers were helpful. Knowing that my work was important .

Pros

free lunches

Cons

n/a

Ok work place

testing rubber samples from line to see if the batches meet spec.