Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Machine Operator

Reviewing machine production schedules by unqualified operators a decision to manipulate manpower to other jobs has backfired. Less pride in being successful because you will be moved to machine thats low in output. Depletes a rhythm to complete a 12 hr shift, knowing you will be told to subsidize your labour to cover a lazy employee.Every new TM trains to build tires, a bid system to move to a more exciting job becomes useless when you are told to function in your previous position. Often Managers are placed in a position to fail ...only a change from Plant Manage down, will prevent epic failure as employees hate the current positions.
Pros
Only Wage
Cons
No Flexibility to achieve personal goals, unManagable managers
Its a good place to start working and i realy learned alot . The management ks good and very helpful in tough times. When having a breakdwon its hard. When you reach your daily target before clockout time.
Pros
Now and then when we made the ticket
Cons
12hours
No job security, the management is laughable. Those that actually do their job are expected to put up allofthe numbers while the ones that dont do anything are never bothered.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No job security
The money and the benefits are great. This is the only plant job that pays you very well in this area. However, the management will lie on you and ruin you as a worker. This company will write you up to the point were you will evidentially end up fired. I liked the fact that you got three breaks a night, but I did not like being yelled at for the machine going down. The hardiest part of this job is operating a broken machine. Then you have to get numbers and you dont have equipment. The service trucks and machines need to be badly repaired. This is not a job for the long haul.
Pros
Great Benefits, school, and great money!
Cons
poor management, bad equipment and liars.
Management is under tremendous pressure to meet production goals. The unrealistic demands from upper managers cause great stress on lower level employees. Co-workers are unfriendly at best, and at worst will backstab and blame everyone but themselves when there is any kind of problem. The ONLY thing that matters to this company is profits, and lots of it. The attitude is "Do what I told you... We didn't hire you to think!" The above average pay is the only reason anyone ever stays with this outfit. (By the way, even with their "slave driver" mentality, they couldn't get enough from the employees and decided to close down the local plant in 2011.)
the pay is good for a family man. Goodyear is a great job. The benefits are excellent and the people are very friendly. Management could do a little bit better than what they are doing
Pros
pay
Cons
bad management
Great plave to work. Never after 20 years of service did l think i would be looking for another job, but due to declining tire sales. Im having to start a new career.
Great place to work for long haul. U have to be in pretty good shape to work there. Fast pace jobs. Its a great place to build upon a great future for u & your family.
Pros
Pays great
Cons
12 hr shifts
Beyond unsafe work environment along with everyday hostile environment. Do not come to Goodyear unless you want to get injured be mentally unstable.....
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Everything besides the pay.
I have been employed with Dunlop for almost 25 years now and it is a stable place to work and feel productive. My main reason for seeking other employment is to obtain a position closer to home and my family to lessen my commute.
This is a place where you can’t wait to get in then once you’re in, you want out. The corporate website is very appealing & they make it seem as it’s a great place to work. There’s a huge wall between corporate & ICM. ICM Management is a 2 on a scale of 1-10 & the majority at corporate are stuck up. Managers (most) gossip ALOT and they make it stressful for those who don’t want a part in it. It’s not a respectful work environment. It’s clean when visitors are expected onsite but the place has (huge) roaches. Overall, the place is a mess, unorganized and poor scheduling. They produce more scrap than production. In fact, there’s an employee assigned to that job, each shift. No accountability. Besides that, the pay & benefits are great and if you want to work the OT hours, they’re usually available. I wouldn’t consider this job in the work/life balance category, whatsoever.
all was good with Goodyear - good wages - sometime dirty work. make products out of rubber was very dirty big workforce - different departments - lots of opportunity for promotion.
On average good year is a great opportunity for advancement. I am a female and the job I was performing was too much for my body to perform, it was definitely for a man. It began to cause female body issues.
excellent company to work for offers decent salary with great benefits.can be fast paced and need ability to work with minimal supervision doesnt offer advancement opportunities
Pay is great but in no way worth the sacrifice of the culture and schedule. If you have a spouse or a family FORGET IT!!!! Absolute lack of sleep, rotating schedule trashes your health and your quality of life.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Schedule/life sacrifice/cut throat people who hate their job
First off let me say this there are some good people that work there But they get taken advantage of. Now If you value your health and body don't work there. It's nasty in there. The machines are no good. They want you to put way too much stress on you body. One person shouldn't have to meet production for an entire shift for the entire plant by themselves. But that's what they do. They don't care about quality of the product just how much they can get out. They are in violation of OSHA all the time. the Building in low standard. It rains inside the building. The machines catch on fire, The building itself catches on fire. They don't care about your health or safety. Do your research before going there. There's a reason why they have a 200% turnover rate. Look up Goodyear OHSA Violation you'll see everything I say about them is true. And the pay they want you to work there 3 years before they pay you what you should already be making. Pass on this company.
Pros
ok Benifits
Cons
everything else
I enjoyed the atmosphere at Good year rubber. They always looked for ways to ensure safety. Although, it was fast-paced job the employees and staff had a good attitude and would reward us with free lunch when we had no accidents at work or when we reached our numbers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
assembly line style of work. rotating shifts day/overnight, work 1 out of 3 weekends Long shifts, 12 hour shifts Great benefits. dental, health insurance life insurance and more. 100% french.
benefits
Cons
schedule
The objective of the company is to produce high quality tyres with less cost to the company and promoted outside sport by donating large some of money
Pros
Hard work enables me to work anywhere
Cons
Safety is always first, company is goal oriented and sure to get parts ran in a timely manner. Long as you were there on time and giving 100 percent while clocked in, the supervisors left you alone.Rule books were a big thing to this company. Again, as long as you abide by the rules and regulations you were good to go.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
None really
Not a job for a woman the work was hard and I stayed sick because of the environment..but the benefits was good and we get a 7 day week off with pay