Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Mechanic

Only thing Good At Goodyear is the paycheck. The management is very disorganized and not concerned about associates well being. The Maintenance department is treated like the redheaded step child of the plant.
Great place to work and excellent boss. Learned new skills and taught others how to treat customers and repair the vehicle. Enjoyed showing other what I was capable of doing as a mechanic
Pros
Great job
Cons
Business sold
Goodyear is a great company to work for and I enjoyed my 10yrs there. pay was fair and was allowed to work on my personal vehicles when I needed to. highly recommend.
Most mechanics just want to go to work and do their job. The garages have become such a corporate nightmare that I would avoid at all costs. If you like to just go to work and do your job, this isn't the place to go.
Under pay and over work. No advancements and unfair management. No flexibility for personal time. Lie straight to your face. Unorganized and chaotic work environment. No communication between management and employees.
Worst Job ever.. I recommend maintenance only to have jobs taken away and givin to nother mechanic.. Assistant manager is a pervert who wants you to look at evey girl who walks in or walks by and says very nasty stuff about them. Just like Midas the manager only wants to sell what they want not careing about customers actual car problems.
Overall great company to work for and feels like a family away fromFamily. Positive environment and friendly people. Always new things to learn on the job.. managers work with your personal life situations.
Would go back to work there anytime. Great pay great Management. Payed training. Ase Reimbursement. Even payed for classes out of state and Hotel. The best company i have worked for.
Great place to work counter needed improvement owner was great Most of the time Shop was clean Shop was staffed Tools we’re great Customers overall were easy to deal with work hours we’re good sometimes staff was unappreciated by front counter for the extra mile we would go shop foreman very knowledgeable
The owner is an amazing guy but the shop manager is verbally abusive terrible person to be around has mood swings evryday and takes them out on his employees
Get wrote up for no reason. Somtime work all day and all night. Place is very dirty and rat infestation. Manegement talks to you like your 5 years old. Tooling is out of date or wore out.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Bad manegement
Goodyear was a awesome job the staff was great but didnt pay enough to get my bills paid and keep me up. It was also close to home and if I needed off it wasnt a fight with them they understood me.
Pros
Staffing
Cons
Pay
I enjoyed working at goodyear. Enjoyed the staff and worked very hard. I got paid fairly. Steady flow of work and it was close to home. I wish i could have stayed bit my wife at the time had cancer and was not well.
My experience wasn't to my liking, first complaint was road side assistance, partly for the area, the company it self had plenty of opportunities. Otherwise not a bad place for a paycheck
set schedule great management great learning opportunity coworkers are helpful ok pay customer are great early morning shift weekends off weekly pay
Great if your a mechanic just starting out or if you want a fast paced learning environment where you get to have some fun as you work. Hours were good and overtime was usually an option.
It was a great experience to work at Goodyear good people friendly environment always making sure customer are happy wiyh the work we perform for them the experience was good.
Good group of co workers. they help one another fairly often. Management is pressured by customers which trickles down on workers. Very high demand for speed.
Don't waste your time working for Goodyear. Pay is mediocre at best and not worth the aggrivation. Most management is completely inept and terrible to work for. Sales staff are probably the worst I've ever seen in a retail environment. Training is non existant and consists of Advance Auto provided training in the back room of a parts store. Work for a real shop elsewhere, this place is a joke. If I didn't need the health insurance and vacation I've earned I'd be long gone. It sucks to realize after 15 years that I've wasted my life at a dead end job and there's not much I can do about it at this point. Advancement is pointless since service writers and management make garbage money and deal with loads of bull. Save yourself the trouble and work at McDonalds, you'll make more money for your effort.
Cons
A typical day at work was good. At times it was very busy other times it was very slow we always remained busy no matter what we always had something to do or we found something to do. It was a fun and fair work place and we all worked together as a team
Pros
time off if needed
Cons
short break periods
Management is a joke no communication prices are absolutely incredible so no one gets the work done here. Plus having to hustle everything keeps the work from getting done right
Pros
Good people
Cons
Stressful