Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Production Worker

So far so good here but it could be better management doesn’t do a very good job of managing the employees and so there’s a lot of confusion. Also if you have medical problems they won’t care about it.
You get 7 days off in a month, job is not too bad. Pay is pretty decent, get as much over time you want. I haven't really been here long but they offer a sign on bonus
Pros
Days off
Cons
Equipment and building is outdated
Great payOpportunities for career advancement after one year. Very strict on being to work on time. 1 hr break divided into four 10 min breaks and one 20 min lunch.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Short breaks
During your “training phase” the work seems manageable. You will be set up with a few people which will give the illusion that the work load is easy to manage. Once you are “certified” you will begin to notice that some people you will work with only look out for themselves. Management is very strict with being on time that even being a few minutes late will get you in trouble. The company either has something breaking or they run out of usable material to keep work flow going. The job is not worth the pay they start you out at.
Pros
A lot of time off
Cons
Everything else
● Work-life balanceGood People. Good work environment.● OverallGood people. Good environment. Good pay and Benefits. Managers are very helpful. Great union. I work and the tire room which the temp was 70 all year round. Nice.
Hot Hard Fast Factory Work, Quality Metrics, Safety Metrics, High Production Rates, Great Pay and Excellent Benefits, Unionized Workforce, 12hr shifts
Plant layoffs jobs sent to mexico. Good pay poor management Long hours all you are is a number in the plant. If you die the have jour job posted the same day.
Far from the good job it used to be,machinery is not maintained because of management,numbers is all bosses care about. They would rather build a tire that is not selling,just to stockpile it to say that they meet daily ticket, why not build something that is in demand instead.Management has no clue how to run that plant,workers are bullied and treated horribly.
Pros
Money
Cons
Terrible management
If you like to work hard and don't mined the heat and the off shift the pay is good. You come to work everyday except Sundays you will do fine. You work together with others to get the job done. Do it right the first time then you don't have to re do it. You care about you product you make and it makes you feel proud and happy to be a part of your product.
All right place to work at. Great employees treat you like family an is always willing to help you with any problem at work. environmental friendly 24/7
Very productive place of employment. Great benefits and wonderful way to take care of household. Also very fair with Associates and plenty of room for Advancement. I personally involved myself with getting my hands dirty and learning the most that I possibly could. Every job is tiring, but Goodyear is well worth it. Hardest part of the job was training for Press Operator...until I got used to it. The easiest part of my job was keeping to myself and focused on my job only. I learned that my inner strength was far greater than anything I've ever given myself credit for. I was thankful that the Management team. They gave me a chance to show them what I was made of. I really appreciate them. If I'm ever blessed to work with this company again, I will definitely be mindful to keep my health in check. This place was really good to me.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short Breaks
Goodyear is a great place to work because of the ability to make more money by doing overtime. The plant gives bonuses as well paid vacation off. The hardest part of the Goodyear is coping with heat during the summer and the cold during the summer.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Cold/Heat
Awesome work environment, fast paced energetic work environment. Worked under extreme temperatures. Required hard labor work and received fork lift certification.
Pros
Fork lift certification
Cons
hard labor
I would come in on my shift, see who I'm working with cause we always worked with a partner. Then we would get our assignment for the day. The assignments would be to change out 2 sets of molds. We would go to the presses turn off the heat/gas line. disassemble the mold from the press by removing the screws. Assemble a new mold in that press. The hardest part of the job was that it was hot, and you had to wear long sleeves to work on the hot mold so you wouldn't burn your arms. The lighting was poor, grease everywhere so it was slippery, and the molds were hot.
Pros
the pay was decent, the benefits were good.
Cons
dangerous, poor conditions, could be stressful at times
Hard and fast work good pay but a back biteing workers time off was good had to work rotating shifts , one week off each month was good the heat at times was hard to work in it was agood place to work
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Thiis job is very fullfilling to me. It has great benefits and a crear 401k. You managed to be home every other weekend. And the managers are very understanding of anything that hoy Want to do.
Managed a line of 18 tire presses, removed jam ups, sprayed and swabbed the tires prior to them going the presses.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
relocation
as a production worker for goodyear tire my duties were operate production machinery in a safe and efficient manner perform safety and maintenance checks regularly clean equipment and tools appropriately meet production quotas by managing work load effectively operate manufacturing equipment and/or perform general laborer work that supplies raw materials, products or service associated with the manufacture and processing of tires and tires products.
I only worked here as a temp while the factory was closing, but the job was great while it lasted. The Pay was amazing and the job was simple and fulfilling. I would haul tread through the factory and make sure the machines remained stocked at all times. The only downside I found during my time at the factory was how short it was in the end. The management was great, the people fun to work with, the benefits amazing and the pay was perfect for me.
Pros
Great pay, Great benifits, Amazing coworkers and management.
Cons
Management is sorry as hell! Training is very poor! Its good for the weekly pay but this job isn't worth it.
Pros
Cons
everything!
inspecting raw materials for imperfections before moving to next stage great co-workers hardest part of job would be dealing with the 115plus degree heat
Pros
great pay
Cons
intensive heat