Goodyear logo
Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Found 7 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,480 reviews

Frustration and Fun

Working at Goodyear can provide a good deal of workplace fun. Shop employees are all usually a tight knit group of people willing to help one another. On the other hand management at the store and district level along with corporate leave much to be desired. There is minimal promoting from within. Store managers are regularly under or over qualified. If you work in the front, focus is sales above all else. The stores individually can be amazing and work well. However constant dealings with corporate employees who clearly only care for the profits can make the job immensely frustrating.

Pros

Hour lunches, consistent scheduling

Cons

outrageous healthcare costs, management tiers

Doesn't make you succeed low wages

Beware if you are a sales advisor you dont get paid much and you do all the dirty work and interact with customers and dont get any compensation for all the hard work

The experience was good

I enjoyed walking into the company on Sundays and managed the facility by opening and closing with having more responsibility to inspire to my greates potential.

no sit .too many various jobs when your hired to sell

All down hill with management .Meetings that dont help in anyway ,more like put you down day. Sales expectation are ridiculos.Company is extremely cheap when it comes to repairs or replace and purchases for up keep.look what they pay the factory workers in mexico $1.70 before deduction great capitalist . Thats why its all ways a good day at goodyear... The only reason i give one star is because i have to ,which would reflect on the workers usually cool people.

the manger made it fun

a regular work day basically consist of a checking cars in to be serviced. Leaning how to explain different things that needed to be fixed on a customers car. My manger was very helpful and would always give that helping hand when needed. The hardest part about the job getting a customers to have something fixed on they car when they needed it done but didnt have the money for it. The most fun thing about the job was a new craft and able to learn about different types that came into be repaired.

goodyear

• Handled incoming calls to receive quotes on tires and repairs • Explaining the quality and warranty of the products to customer • Closing down shift at the end of the day counting money, locking all doors and make drops

Fun environment with learning opportunities

A typical day for me included sales, reports and admin work, the occasional oil change or tire mount, and other tasks as needed. I really enjoyed working here and was quite upset that the branch I worked at was closed down. The management was fair in dealings and never over-complicated. The people I worked with were fun and knowledgeable. They were always ready to teach me something new about vehicles or the services I sold. The hardest part was the transition from a non-automotive industry into one focused on cars, but the staff made sure that it went as smoothly as possible. I'll miss working here and enjoyed my time there.