Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Service Technician

Goodyear was a very hard working business every day brought new challenges to the table. I learned how to properly perform oil changes,tire repairs and I received my General Service certification also. The management was unfair and disrespectful to the employees throughout the day. The hardest part of the job was upselling products to customers who weren't satisfied with what was found wrong with their vehicle inpection. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the moment I started the day. I have a passion for cars so my job was always a perfect environment for me.
Pros
smoke breaks
Cons
verbal harrassment
I got very little mechanic work they only wanted me to do oil changes and inspections barely got to do anything else work environment became hostile.
Pros
N/a
It's going to differ shop to shop. The shop I worked at had out dated equipment and really poor service information for cars. It was often easier to just Google service information and manuals.
Pros
Good pay, pretty indepent
Cons
Slow days are awful
The job is simple enough; however the issue is pay and hours. Even now during the pandemic (12/29/2020) they took away the annual raises we get. Corporate wants us to crank out the same if not more volume of work. There is no covid benefits.Pros:- Tire discounts - Easy work- One hour lunch break (may vary from locations)Cons:- Limited discounts (you get tire discount codes)- Corporate cares not for their workers who are exposed to different people everyday while they work from home.- GS (general services techs aka the tire and lube guys/gals) CANNOT work more than 32 hours a week without getting in trouble.- No Covid-19 pandemic benefits or extra pay
Pros
Read my review
Cons
No covid benefits, 32 hour (sometimes less)work weeks
I'm doing the work of three people for the pay of one. It's been like this for months and I've received no additional compensation. Work 6 days of the week.
Customer service was not a priority with this company. It seemed like management was annoyed with customers constantly. It was a pretty easygoing environment and service times did not seem to matter. As a customer I would never take my vehicle to Goodyear knowing what I have experienced working there.
Some of the people are fun to work with some people the location is good some of the people like to consider you the black sheep and make fun of some mistakes that are made
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Not enough pay
Screwed Me 3 weeks of vacation worked every service call with a two man rotation for 3 years straight because of less then a 2 weeks notice. Management can’t talk it’s way out of anything and ride the employees to make them look good throughout the whole ladder of this corporate industry when they need to be more involved in its districts of centers. Good job if u want to work and miss out on things in life you need to be involved in almost cost me a divorce.
Pros
Long hard hours with decent pay
Cons
Lack of staff where it’s more important
I do not like on call working hours, I like to help anyone. I like standard hours, overtime is fine. If I have to help on call, 2 week notice would be nice.
The management was in the process of being revamped, but it was a fun place to work at. Lots of careful work done and a lot of double checking to ensure that there are no mistakes.
Good place to work, pay is good, work load can be alittle over whelming at times but the pace is good. You get an hour lunch break and when it's slow you clean.
It's not about how hard you work it's about how much you talk to and idolize the management. So if you know how to idolize management it's a perfect fit for you!
The only people who are treated fairly are the ones who have worked here for 10 years every one else gets walked all over and expected to do twice the work because the people who have been here for 10 years don't do anything and the manager is a thief
Goodyear as a whole was fair company and not bad to work for. The compensation was adequate for the work load. They did provide paid training classes and encourage all employees to attend.
Store manager is awesome. Each store has its ups and downs. Corporate sucks though. To them you and all other employees are just a number. But store employees stick together pretty well.
The atmosphere was good and bad. The good thing was the hours and the bad was some of the people there were negative but I looked past them and tried to get along with everyone
I came into Goodyear not knowing much about automotive work, after working there 11 months, I can say I did learn a lot from everyone I worked with during my short tenure there.
In the year I was there, the reason I stayed as long as I did was co-workers. They were the best group of people I've worked with to date. They really made the place bearable in the busy and stressful days. I had an awesome Service Manager who was easy to talk to and helped me out in a lot of sticky situations, was always around to answer my questions if it came up. I have nothing at all bad to say about him. However my center manager was a different story, he did his job, but didn't feel approachable or willing to find solutions for problems. The pay was okay for regular hours, the incentive and overtime pay however for night calls didn't feel worth it to me. Expect no life during your week on, and some nights with little to no sleep. Its also back breaking work, and can do some damage to your back/knees if you are not taking precautions. It also can be fast pace with little to no breaks or being expected to occasionally work part of your lunch time (Which is unpaid). The shop I was at doesn't spend a lot on maintenance on tools, a lot of the equipment you will be using on the commercial side of the world is on its last leg/breaking down frequently. The trucks you use have their own quirks, for example, a bad compressor that eats up tools from moisture, or having a few or no lights on the truck that actually work for nighttime work, or tire cages that are just dangerous to use that should be replaced even with it being brought up to management. Just general stuff that should be fixed, but the management are given caps on what they can buy and do, and in my opinion it shouldn't - more...
Always willing to help out people and very fast and efficient and if something isn’t right they make it right manager is understanding and easy to talk to
store management is great, but corporate doesn't care about its employees. and the customer is never wrong according to Goodyear corporate. overall great experience
While working at good year I learned alot of new things and met alot of good people. The management there was great and the ones I worked were as well.