Goodyear logo

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Work-Life Balance

Found 71 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,451 reviews

Compensation. Global Brand.

Great job security, annual raises (minus covid year), great compensation. However lack of career growth. Promotions are hand-picked. After store management level, seems impossible to cross over to middle management even if you declare interest or apply.An ok company to work for, but can grow stale over time. Stores aren't properly staffed and lack of support from middle management.

Pros

great product, great customers, annual raises

Cons

benefits, employee discounts, lack of support from middle management

Great corporate culture

Great company. Advancement is based on your achievements. Friendly, fast paced work environment. High performers rewarded often. Proud American company

Pros

Corporate culture

Cons

Not enough corporate locations

High Demand for Little Compensation

Started off as a general tech before moving onto sales counter... like any retail sales driven company, focused a lot on quotas at all costs. Worked in one of the most busiest store in the Western region and learned a lot... good and bad. Employees came and left like a revolving door... mostly due in part to the high demand of work for such a poor pay. Was expected to perform way above pay grade...Management at store level, hit or miss... but District manager and anyone above that... treated everyone as a number (associate number). Left company as a Store Manager after over 12 years of service.... HR is not on your side... their main focus is in the interest of the company, do not forget that.

Sales and management achievement dinners and awards

Company promotes from within were possible opportunities for all employees to advance within the ranks very family oriented will hire friends or family members if qualified for position very positive company to work for

Pros

Variety of management and sales courses to attend and improve skills

Cons

Nights inventory contou

Slow and steady

If immediate gratification is your thing, this isn’t the workplace for you. There are benefits, as long as you’ve got years to dedicate. Advancement is tough, in the sense that micromanaging makes you feel as if you are doing a horrible job. Anxiety is high enough in this day and age, it would be good to know every once in a while that the company has your back, not theirs...

Pros

Healthy budget, open door policy

Cons

Sometimes the open door is just an exit

no loyalty

your just a number to upper management at corp, They do not respect how hard you work or the sacrifices you make on behalf of the company.upper management has vey little or no knowledge what is involved in running a store daily. They only care about rules they make up while sitting in their offices, and even that they mess up badly per you tube.

Pros

discount on tires, healthcare, 401

How well and fst i advanced.the pay structer i loved base commission. If i didnt make comm. I didnt earn my keeps.

I was top in sales for 4 1/× years . was transferred to new stores to get it up and started. Took alot of pride in all my jobs number 2 salesman in all western states. 254 goodyear stores. They ran contest we didnt no about in 2000 . when close of business for day push f12 with all daily figures. Coming in 2nd big wig flew out announced a guy from arizona myself and guy from utah. He called me up to stage announced i finished 2nd and was awarded 7500 check and goodyear blimp ride. One of my best highlites in the 20 plus years i work for them. Loved it.

Pros

Bonus program in sales awards for top sales. I was awarded in my years there with 36 plaques, 22 certificates and 16 manager of year awareds. My store averaged 220, 000 in sales per month with a 58 percent profit rating.

Cons

Finding a crew to work as hard as i

Small private business tyre shops. Dodgy and dishonest, enough said

Dodgy and dishonest in every possible way. Depends on the small business owner who sells tyres, or tries to. Can’t compete with the competition and the parent company don’t care how poor their business operators are

Pros

Cons

Too many

Store manager

Enjoyed my time with this company, worked some long hours but well compensated. Plenty of room for growth with this company and they have many different types of roles.

Easy job

The job was pretty easy. Name recognition is amazing. I wish the spent money on advertising the services they offer and not JUST TIRES. If you like automobiles and troubleshooting this is a good career.

i do not recommend Goodyear

Upper management is not real accomidating. they expect to much I worked 7 days a week for almost 3 months. When I needed time off i didnt get it because they said they had no help.

Great company to work for

This was a great company to work for and with a high pace clientele. Great benefits and a great scheduled. Great salary and they offered great products. Unfortunately all stores in the Tucson area shut down.

Plus bonuses

If the store made a monthly profit then I would get a store manager bonuses. I was responsible for all of the sales, employees, inventory, cash deposit & profits.

Goodyear and the blimp

Worked there 2 times corporate sales manager ended up being store manager received top rating for a manager 1st yr. Over 1 million a year in business time cards customer service. Store rating four stars plus on social media. Manage staff of 10 toco eight techs. Plus day to day business and customer service. The corporation shut the store down with a two hour notice Goodyear can shut down Akron with the same notice but they worry about the the blimp!!. What else can I say they worry about a blimp more than people~

Will take your last breath

No work life balance and pay is way below market average. Managers required to work 6 days a week. Pay raises are a minimum and an insult. They give everything away for free to customers but charge employees way too much

Store manager

Why would a company after 26 hard years lay me off. I guess. I must have made some district mgr made. I was 4 years from retiring . I do get a small pension but no other benefits. When I started in 1969 it was a.great company to work for. That was when we had great management. No more good management

Decent work environment - Average

In the beginning when was operated as “mom-and-pop”, company was stable. Long term employees in which created long term customers. After was bought out and incorporated a corporate philosophy there was extreme turn over, which created less personable service to customers and slowly clientele started to diminish. Come Ratterree amongst associates were low, extreme pressure for sales started to set in and created a stressful environment and affected business.

Pros

A Paycheck

Cons

Stressful environment

Great place to work and I enjoyed myself and all of my customers The only reason that I left was a job offer where I didn't have to work weekends and the offer came right before the owner sold out to a new company that was planning on staying open seven days a week.

Pros

Great Team to work with

Cons

Not much time for anything other than work

It is a good company to work for. I have not nor will never speak in any way negatively about a company. I enjoy the people I work with customers and employees every day.

great place to work

good company overall, have plenty of work to do, most systems are new and easy to learn. we have a new process in place and do Tires and alignments only, it take the stress out of the job

Pros

work/life balance

Cons

getting into upper managerment roles are hard, a lot of people not moving or retiring

Personal achievements of success

Handling customer needs and making recommendations of products. That one hat doesn't fit all. I was the manager in 95% of positions I held. The culture of this main industry in which I worked created in employees a transient mentality. Keeping good quality employees. Maintaining a harmonious working environment between 12 employees at one time and finding reliable replacement staff. Achieving goals and targets set by senior management over 8 years taking a large commercial branch from a loosing money position to one of the biggest sales and profitable stores out side of Brisbane and receiving the rewards of that achievement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodyear. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1,136