Goodyear

Goodyear Employee Reviews for Technician

Good family run business, company trains all employees frequently to keep updated with changing times and vehicles. Observes holidays . Has company functions
If you don't mind long hours, hard labor and team oriented work place its great for you. Keep in mind its a production setting, fast work pace with high standards of quality control with dangerous machinery. Safety mind set is a must!
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Stress conducive
Job rotation through out the plant, and very well relacked. Learned many job skills with different types of hose they make and a lot of skill work with the computers. Management had many ways to comunicate to the associates with white boards, TV powerpoints, and a safety news letter dailey to let all the associates. The hardest part of the job was the 12 hours rotating shifts.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
12 hour rotating shifts
This is the worst place you can work! Hours always change. You never know when you are going home. Can’t plan anything bc it’s not a set schedule. They don’t care about you as a person just as a quota. Management is rude and inconsiderate. They do not care about your well being. Management talks about you behind your back. They don’t give you raises unless you beg.
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Everything! Short breaks, poor management, unknown hours
Retread plants treat employee's like there machines over worked and don't care. Don't even maintenance equipment till it breaks then bandaids it. No spare parts either. Don't recommend unless you a young single man who money hungry
Pros
Pay and benifites
Cons
Everything else
It was yay nay whoopdie doo sometimes good sometimes nah oh well yea idk, I guess it was ok didn't learn much but yea it was fun learning at first but that's all
Cons
This company shown what I dont want in a company. Good ole boy club, no respect, no teamwork. Promises from management never fulfilled. Some of the guys talked about no raise in two years. Min wage gone up faster then ppl working in shop. Managment is always pushing unmanageable work.
Pros
40 plus hours
Cons
no raises, no respectively giving
The pay and benefits was fair. The management was open to new ideas. They valued their employees input. I would recommend working for Goodyear if you're trying to get your foot in the door in any type of industrial work.
Okay job. I really wanted to be an electrician but couldn't find a corporate job in my field so I took a mechanic position here. The money is decent but I have a feeling I will be broke if I stay working here longer than a year
Pros
Customers are friendly
Cons
staying late working weekends
No work balance! My boss never worked just sat in the office. No teamwork! Good ole boy club. No respect! Training was poor! No raise in 6 months when I promised on paper!
Pros
40hrs plus
Cons
Favoritism, No raise, Poor Training, Same stuff everyday, Scott
I put 1 cause I can't put zero! How can you expect people to work for you when they can't respect you. I mean there were sone decent people who work there but they probably al quit or got fired for speaking up.
Pros
Can work on my own car
Cons
Low pay bad work environment horrible management
Good place to work physically working hard everyday. Just feel like needs to pay more for the hard work. Gets really tiring when you bust your everyday.
Pros
Cool bosses, learn unique things. Meet great people.
Cons
Not enough pay, 24 hour roadside service, the highest bosses don’t care you just a number to them.
Sundays off, franchise location, so no corporate changing rules every year. Pretty much comparable to other jobs in the automotive industry. Co-workers can make or break the location.
Group meeting before work, people are easy to get along with, and option to join union,real nice place to work, comfortable Temperature,give u help when u need it
You stay busy and engaged. Very physical work. It’s a team work environment. Production, quality and time sensitive. For the most part repetitive, so you know what you are doing on a daily basis.
The place is what a place is when you work. Work is a job jobs are for you. I work there for money and money pays my bills. That’s why I can’t afford pizza.
it pays the bills, no clear paths of advancement or pay increase, management at district level is very controlling and interferes often at store and employee levels, pay rate as technician is very confusing and managers at store level don't have fully understanding of pay scale or how pay is calculated.
Pros
discounts on tires
Cons
too many
The overall experience i had with Beaurepaires was fantastic. The staff was friendly, the management was even friendlier and very helpful and understanding. At times when it was super busy there was a lot of physical work that the tyre technician had to take on board, but that's whats expected at a shop that sells tyres.
Pros
If a certain store had excelled in performance for the month lunch would be provided as a reward
Cons
Working long hours on the weekends
Goodyear is one of the best places I have worked. The workers were friendly, and customers were respectful, and everyone was willing to help out if asked. The job was not always busy, but it was a steady job. I learned things all the time, and am grateful for it.
Good company to work for , solid hours, good pay, management and corporate are lacking and not really invested in their employees, they offer good benefits for any lifestyle
The store manager has total lack of respect for employees and the fact if it interferes with vaping and dating sites he has an attitude he talks to people any kind of way and he doesnt appreciate good help