Government of Assam

Government of Assam Employee Reviews

Need better government. Administration should be more people friendly. Time of work should be maintained and quarters should be available for all faculties.

Pros

Safe

Cons

non productive but have a pleasure to serve the state

Good job but have to stay away from home which tend to make life not enjoyable and have to manage time everytime. over burden of work.

Pros

public service

Cons

boring and management issues

find pleasue in new learning

My day starts from 7AM at hospital even if I am available 24 hours for any emergency. Each case is an experience for new learning depending on different dimensions of act. I am happy always with management and co workers. Hardest part is spending hours in OT with critical patient and satisfaction is their recovery and happiness.

Pros

Normal food

Cons

48 to 72 hours of experience of non stop service during emergency

Woking in major Law & Order situation was channange for me.

# As Additional Deputy Commissioner, I had to look after Disaster Management, Revenue, Development branches. I was also Chief Executive Officer, District Disaster Management Authority, Project Director, Integrated Tribal Development Project, and Revenue Settlement Officer. # I learn administrative skill, dealing with public,conflict area management, Rural Development, Revenue etc # Management in respect of Law & Order was most important for me. At the time of Parliamentary/ Assembly Elections management in all fields was top priority for me. # I tried to maintain cordial relations with my co-workers. I also respect their feelings and share happiness and sorrow. # The most hardest part of my service was holding Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council's election in 2013 in Goalpara District, Assam. The election was pending for last 18 years due to differences of opinion and opposition from non-tribal groups. I met all sections of people, convened numbers of meetings for shorting out a solution.As ADC in charge I deleted the names of those voters who opposed to include them in the Autonomous Council, with approval from Government. I also apprehended major Law & Order situation during the election. # The most enjoyable part of my job was successful completion of the Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council Election even with out any incident and law & order situation which I apprehended most.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

During flood, election we had to work for more than 12 to 15 hours with out any extra financial benifits

Very challenging, responsible and varied experience.

*Dealing with files ranging from job appointments to dealing with Writ Petitions, including sanction and release of funds for different developmental Government Plans and Programmes. * Files are not papers and documents. They are embodiments of the problems, hopes and aspirations of individuals and the people and have to be respected and handled as such. *You cannot make any headway without their cooperation and motivation. *Introducing fresh ideas and methods in dealing with matters more efficaciously. No fixed hours of work. Regular crisis management *Achieving what at first seems near impossible, although in the nick of time.

Pros

Response to orders and directions happily or grudgingly.

Cons

No fixed hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Government of Assam. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Government of Assam with