Government of India

Government of India Employee Reviews

India189 reviews

indiaorganisationgovernmentservesecuritysalaryfreelife

Work life balance

There was a great work life balance, diversity of Culture and regional diversity. People were supportive and the Union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli was well maintained. Recommended.

Excellent work culture, diversity, learning & adventure

Above everything, an officer is a leader. An officer has a certain set of duties and departments allotted to him/her which he/she supervises and manages according to the rules and regulations. To put it in a more simple way, an officer is quite similar to a manager working in a corporate. But an officer works by example and performs the same duties as he or she has assigned to the subordinates. An officer is required to make decisions that not only involve millions of dollars of resources but the risk of lives of those under him. Hence, an officer is a leader with great sense of responsibility, accurate judgement skill and the highest level of integrity and personal conduct.

Pros

Great pay, Pride in serving the nation, Adventurous life in feild areas, Physically and mentally challenging in a good way, High standards of excellence expected, Above average leadership, Learn multiple skills ie. Jack of all traits, Strong sense of camaraderie 11. Travel the country and possibly even foreign postings

Cons

Can be posted in areas of extremely poor connectivity

Government of India insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Good atmosphere for office

Good atmosphere and sabourdinate. Good management system I like my prefession. All sabourdinate are co operative and help together for solving for issues. We are more than 500 individuals working here.

Pros

Free accommodation and food

Cons

Mujhe puraa bharosa hai mai puri experience ke shath job kar sakti hu

Mujhe accha lagega aapke company me job karneka moka milega aur mai uss moke ka samman karte ke shath Puri imandari se job karna pasand karungi..... thanks 🙏🙏🙏

Productive and very dynamic

The outstanding features of a top career in Government of India are : Job security, high salary, accommodation , social status, career progression, diversity, challenging tasks, high level of job satisfaction, training opportunity in India and abroad,work life balance, leave benefits and traveling allowance, medical reimbursement and health insurance, retirement benefits and excellent Pension benefits for self and family.

Pros

Job Security

Very Good and Productive

Working in Government gives unique experience and exposure to work with big leaders , One gets opportunity to contribute not only for the nation but for the society.

Pros

Power and recognation

Cons

Less financial rewards

Its Good but less satisfying

Due to long and tedious office procedure less chances of due hike in salary/ promotion in comparison to private company, even the new comer in private gets more salary than a 20 year experience people in govt.

Pros

Job sequrity

Cons

Routine type of job based on primitive procedures, less scope of implementation of new ideas for betterment.

My work made me a seasoned Banker.Customer satisfaction was an enjoyable part of my job.

Typical day at work was giving banking services to the customers,I learnt banking in depth knowledge,Management was considerate and inspiring,Acute competition prevailed at workplace,Recovery of loan instalments was hardest part of my job,Customer satisfaction was enjoyable part of my job.

Pros

No free lunches

Government offices

Government offices people is good service and happy to life with the new one Google search results for the Government has good to message to all details for the development team and good service to the applicant

It is a mixture of all types of experiences very good, good, not good etc.

I should say it is a life long experience to work in Central government in India in multiple Ministries / Departments with different organisational goals, aims and objectives. It trains one to work in multiple fields with diverse groups of people in different domains like accounts, administration, housekeeping, citizenship, security issues, non-governmental organisations, women and child development, films and censorship, Government owned companies and their functions, media and publicity etc. It is a rare opportunity and at times I miss it. It is a great learning experience from situations, work atmosphere and people around you.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Less salary, delayed promotional scope.

Workplace and new skills

Working environment excellent when working with very senior Officials or Chairman or Advisor to the Government. One learns new skills and office management.

Pros

Healthy work ethos

Cons

Nil

Accomplished and Contented

Awesome working environment with superlative challenges...focused team development and deeply contented contribution to society ,flora and fauna......

Excellent working experience

It was an excellent experience working at different posts in different fields / departments and getting good feedback of rural and urban population of Uttar Pradesh.It added lots and lots of ground level experience.

Pros

Government policies give a wide exposure to our knowledge

Cons

Certain local level politics try to put pressure

Police

Police officer government job disorder have give your not able to bata I am not I am very government job what job integrity government enjoy water level so

If i get this job i will be greatful and i hope i shall do best

Government provides many facilities to the public to be safe and sound, we are being indians should have responsible for our mother India.. Doing our duties.

excellent

excellent working conditions in Government of India. its both servings the nation as well as earning be livelihood for self and dependents. One should go for a government job as it gives a secured future, fame in the society.

Pros

nothing specific

Cons

nothing specific.

R &D, production

Overall it was a very challenging job, high risk, with all ensured safety precautionary measures. To be at par with our studies and understanding of the job involved and related job. To maintain the confidentiality of the job and not let out the sectrets.

Nice

Nicr experience in life .Govt jib is more important than private. Life security is better than private.So govt. Jobs is better.So w have better experience

Through sincere and Responsible work

Indian Railway is a greatorganization . Is the richest, Oldest and 2nd largest organization in the country. Railway reflect a good gesture of professionalismto the public.

I am happy to work in Hyderabad

My professional and communication skills will helpful to your organization and make you helpful..I prefer to work near and happy to work if I preferred.

Good

Dental department in medical college needto be more organised as opd ishuge but wrking conditions are very compromising.I tried my best to deliver my best inoptimal conditions i do extractions,rct, apicoectomy..with full support of my senior and attendants.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Government of India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Government of India with