Government of India logo

Government of India Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
4.1Job Security & Advancement

Accomplished and Contented

Awesome working environment with superlative challenges...focused team development and deeply contented contribution to society ,flora and fauna......

It is a mixture of all types of experiences very good, good, not good etc.

I should say it is a life long experience to work in Central government in India in multiple Ministries / Departments with different organisational goals, aims and objectives. It trains one to work in multiple fields with diverse groups of people in different domains like accounts, administration, housekeeping, citizenship, security issues, non-governmental organisations, women and child development, films and censorship, Government owned companies and their functions, media and publicity etc. It is a rare opportunity and at times I miss it. It is a great learning experience from situations, work atmosphere and people around you.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Less salary, delayed promotional scope.

Excellent working experience

It was an excellent experience working at different posts in different fields / departments and getting good feedback of rural and urban population of Uttar Pradesh.It added lots and lots of ground level experience.

Pros

Government policies give a wide exposure to our knowledge

Cons

Certain local level politics try to put pressure

Nice

Nicr experience in life .Govt jib is more important than private. Life security is better than private.So govt. Jobs is better.So w have better experience

I am happy to work in Hyderabad

My professional and communication skills will helpful to your organization and make you helpful..I prefer to work near and happy to work if I preferred.

Able to handle mam power managemwnt.

Experinced to handle and deployed manpower man management to raise a new troops for the orgnisation at various places for smooth functioning of the department.

Leadership, learning and development and research -a fun filled but challenging job.

During 37 years of service as mid level / senior executive and trainer in training institute on deputation got enormous opportunity to learn and develop somuch so that after retirement on superannuation in 2006, for the last 13 years have been involved in the system as expert consultant with full jeal and enthusiasm. Stint of two years in Department of Administrative Reforms is one part of my service of 37 years.

Pros

Housing healthcare education

Cons

little breaks

Excellent

As a electrical engineer Working as technician under govt of India is life changing experience. Provided facilities , Management is superior & excellent communication.

Good for tutor

Great platform for part-time teacher who want to share there knowledge with the whole world. I am keen to work with this website and give my best to help students score more in exam by understanding the basic concepts of maths .

Experience was good i look farward

I can do more in this field i have job experince of 20 years ..i need to change my job beacuse it can be beter for my teaching talent as well as for my social life

Pros

No need

Cons

No issue

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Government of India?

Electrical Engineer

With a balanced work life, the job is comfortable, with medium amount of pace and stress. You get to meet a lot of influential people depending on the location you are serving. You build really good connections and relationships. However, you don't get to stay at a place for long, and growth is slow, both financially and career wise.

Pros

Balanced life, less stress

Cons

Slow growth

Productive and result oriented

Highly productive , service oriented. The company has shown steady growth over the years. It has provided employment to varied nationalities. Stability in providing financial and non financial perks to employees.

Pros

Numerous perks

Social Worker with 10 years experience

I start my professional career on 05.09.2008 with Hostel Superintendent Job In Government Of Rajasthan in India. In those last 10 years I worked hard For Serve my nation.

Very hard work Place

I am interested to do technical work related to repair and maintenance of electronics equipments. This company has provided me the exposure to technical work and maintenance of electronics equipments

Pros

Job security and excellent salary package

Cons

No schedule of duty hours.

The work environment is formal yet provides great opportunities

The jobs provide a perfect environment to create a meaningful difference . The jobs provide a number of opportunities for advancement in the defined time frame.

Pros

Advancement in the defined time frame

Cons

Compensation package is average.

Working in previous organisation was extreme good experience.

Working in a setup like govt. Of India and having all India transfer liability was a good experience. Knowing India in its totality, it's vibrant culture, cast and religion was a good experience in itself.

Good salary,should be number one company,good management ,promotions,no huge works,company should be provided jobs for majority students...not by seeing caste

Pros

Tours

Cons

This is the first time so really dont have much experience about this Company.

Though I am a first time visitor to this Company hence, really do not have much experience about the working nature of the Company. However, on a overall appearance and review of other visitors, it seems the Company has good rapport.

Looks very apt and helpful

Its helpful tool to advertise about the individual to the organizations that are interested in hiring the right personnel for the right job. Results are yet to be seen though.

Pros

Encouraging

Cons

Nothing much

The day I start my job I found it is proud to work for government of india job, overall experience is quite satisfied & working culture at my office is also considerable.

Pros

Opportunities, work hours

Cons

Maybe

responsibilities and authentication

1. Assistant Director managing over 30 staff. 2. Learnt to work under pressure 3. Ensure that work entrusted to staff be completed within the set time frame. 4.Enjoyable and satisfactory. 5.Achievements.

Pros

timely salary

Cons

promotions delay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Government of India. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Government of India with