Government of West Bengal

• Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Not proved good for me

I could not enjoy my job.The place of posting was far away from my home.I travelled 3.5 hours (x2) everyday which caused severe back problem.I could not continue the job.Otherwise the work atmosphere was good and culture was also fine.

Pros

Security, benifits

Cons

Place of posting, transfer protocols

It was a good experience.

It was a life changing experience and i learned here that how to teach and understad child' nature and behaviour and how to deal with them.overall it was a good experience.

Productive and Cooperative workplace

Working with the Government Sector in West Bengal is indeed a good experience with very cooperative work culture with a good work life and personal life balance.

Fun work place

Good and I want it.Its beter than othee job,and it for all part time candidates.We want to this job and very neded job for me.And my friend alawys ask me for this job.And I alawys wnat this type job and I want part time income.

No job satisfaction

Management in administration break rules by themselves but expect others to abide by the rules. No job satisfaction as there is dirty working environment with no modern facilities at all with no manpower assistance. People are on their feet to stab each other. Salary structure is very poor.

Pros

No perks at all apart from fixed salary

Cons

Duty hours are not very long

Over all Government Job is service oriented to the people of W.B.

Worked in various departments,Viz. Judicial, Industrial Reconstruction, Panchayat and Rural Development, Finance, Labour and Tourism of the Government of West Bengal from 1982 to 2016

Very hard working person so.

Hello I am very working person and honest person. And I'm belong to a midil class family person. And I'm very hard working person so that it..

Cons

1 hours

Good life

Great life work balance. A noble proffesion honoured nobly by wb govt. But you wont get public holidays on time. Take the challange job.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Low pay

work environment is good but salary is not sufficient caopare to the same post of central govt

challenging job but financial benefits are not good. co workers are very much cooperative. Juniors obey orders. enjoyable part of the job is learning newer things day by day. new chalanges appear and to solve is the most challanging part

Pros

good & friendly work environment

Cons

salary amount

Poor job culture

Terrible work culture, work life balance good but that is because there is not sense of responsibility in the employees. Growth depends on seniority, therefore motivation is near zero.

Pros

No work, salary guaranteed

Cons

No motivation for hard working employees

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Government of West Bengal?

Various Schemes Workplace

New Schemes related to citizens are completing with very hard working and government benefits are reach successfully to the beneficiaries.

Enjoyed much with govt. assigned job but paid lesser amount in compare to my such a skilled job in compare to private sector jobs.

I enjoyed with full job-satisfaction though the Govt. Salary was poor, Still I performed well in setting up different office machines like latest type Xerox Automatic machines Computer Controlled Attendance machine, after which the Senior Officers of Govt.thanked me of installing such modern science technology, Due to close friendly relation with humour almost all the staff and officers loved me as their own family. But I was always duty bound while in administration, I never get worried when preparing Confidential Report of Staffs and Officers though sometimes it was like Open Personal Report with allowing them Grades,

Interesting

The satisfaction of mine is that I am helping somebody of my age so that he can earn his lively hood and also being part of the government I am also helping my nation to be developed.

Pros

Support from the boss.

Cons

Salary is not sufficient as compared to the responsibility.

Financial Management and Administration

Excellent Management. Excellent Co-worker. Work as a Election in charge is my hardest work part. To solve any critical issue gives me a great pleasure.

Pros

Capable of taking hard-work

Cons

Long hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Government of West Bengal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9