HSBC
HSBC Employee Review

Productive and fun place to work with good work life balance.

December 20, 2016
Open and enjoyable culture, good management structure and communication. Lot of career enhancement opportunities too. Sponsors 2 to 3 technical/leadership training and certifications per year which is very beneficial. Good holiday policy. Frequent team parties, events, lunch and many corporate sustainability initiatives.
Pros
training and certifications
Cons
less innovation
May 27, 2020
Same role
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) - Kolkata, West Bengal
Productivity targets alongwith quality targets are high 98%. Lots of fun activities are there but you need to have the time to participate. Management in Identity and Access Management is not good. No idea about the rest. Dont know about others but they gave me a pink slip 3 years back not thinking I had a 9 yr and 11 yr old to take care of. IAM tech lead became assistant manager and now is the manager. No one else was given a chance properly. They basically would nurture you till the time your salary package is less. Your job risk is at risk when you are stuck in a position for more than three years.
November 26, 2018
Same role
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) - Hyderabad, Telangana
This place has made me a professional, taught me skills which helped me to become what I'm today. I'll always be thankful to my trainers, manager and colleagues from this fantastic organisation
Pros
Yearly Parties & Sports
Cons
Breaks
June 3, 2021
Same location
Software Engineer (Former Employee) - Pune, india
Productivity depends upon project.Some really good whereas some very legacy ones.My team has had a fantastic setup with good open source tools, nice products and subsequent projects and a very open management to experiment on tools and technologies which enabled tremendous learning.Pay is very good. Easily above industry average. If you perform well, you don't need to switch you'll get the market standards hike and money internally.Additional component of yearly bonus which on top of CTC is magic. Even a 1-2 years experience guy can easily get 1-1.5 lakhs as bonus. Experience people above that get crazy Bonuses.Work life balance depends on project. But company is very fast paced so don't expect much ease of life.Overall, very good place to work.
Pros
Leaves + Bonus + Project Parties + Fortnightly events
Cons
Work-life balance may get hampered
  1. Productive and fun place to work with good work life balance.