HSBC

HSBC Employee Reviews in Kolkata, West Bengal

Very disciplined, organized and friendly work culture. Good work ethics, employee centric. Timely salary and hike. Equal growth opportunities. Excellent leave structure. Too management.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
One way cab facility
A good place to work specially if you are taking care of HSBC vertical.you will learn in every business hour & hence the journey will be very much profitable to somebody as a professional.
Did my summer placement in HSBC Kolkata near Dalhousie institute. It was great for learning working skills and teams are great. They are customer focused.
HSBC HDPI is a very good company ,& I worked here at the Kolkata office for 9 years, however the senior management & hr are no good here.Earlier when the management was directly under UK,it was run very well.Unfortunately on my 5th years the management was handed over to locals & that was the end of good work culture.None the less,it is still one of the best in Kolkata. I personally would have loved to continue but the hr was too pathetic.I hope things improve as I have a soft corner fo HSBC,as a company. I have nothing more to say. I wish new joinees all the best.
Pros
Good pay, on time pay, good bonus.
Cons
Office politics ! Nepotism.
Wonderful experience working with HSBC. Great place to work for and provides work life balance. Now am looking fir a change in city and thus want to apply in Google as I have heard uts a great company to work for.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Promotion
It is a good Company to work for especially for New Joiners who are looking to build up there career ay HSBC , great place to learn and also Mangers are very cooperating and friendly
Pros
Good Work Culture
Cons
Promotions are not structured
Working at HSBC, Kolkata will expose you to a number of daily challenges resulting in productive hours. However the bank rigidity exists which might dampen the spirit sometimes. The senior leadership is helpful and encouraging.
Pros
New technology exposure
Cons
Bank policy rigidity in work
Great Place to work, Good administration, Great atmosphere, learning experience while working. Pick up and drop facility provided. Amazing cafeteria to eat.
• Working for UK clients to ensure smooth transactions related to their banking needs • Process different payments as per service agreements under strict deadlines • Process improvements, generating new ideas (part of Next Gen Club), Initiating discussions with Senior Management on behalf of the department to address various issues • Recipient of various awards for top performance and involved in various clubs to promote fun activities at work
although it was my 2nd job really feels like my first, young staff and alot of activities to keep you enjoying coming back to work evryday. management and HR are really good too
One of the best places to work Growth is very rare mostly influenced by the higher management Pay packages are good for starters/freshers.. Increment slows down with gradual years passing by Kolkata GSCK has changed quite a lot over the last few years and its changed for good Dont miss an opportunity to work with one of the largest bank's in the world Wouldn't say its worth it but would rather say worth the experience
Helpful managers, knowledgeable atmosphere of working culture. Interactive sessions with the managers, RNR monthly to boost your confidence. On time salary, Management helpful. Helpful seniors. Good bonus. Valuable feedbacks. Job security.
Pros
Interactive sessions
Cons
odd shift timings
My work experience at HSBC helped me become a more focused person with emphasis on anaytics and excellent problem solving skills. It also helped me understand how valued my contribution is for the organization. The most enjoyable part of the job was the workplace culture.
Very lesser progressive culture, too much of office politics harming the ambience, undefined promotions, Management is more about surviving the day & almost NIL about resource development
Pros
10 Days of Mandatory leaves
Cons
No competions & new learnings
Learned a lot from HSBC, customer service skills, knowledge exchange, strong strategy and analytical skills from my manager, creative team member and decipline life.
Pros
Managers
Cons
Gangs of super agents
It was an average experience out here as it was a challenging job and you get to learn many new things in the banking sector but then at the same time there is less stability in this organisation.
offers opportunities work and life balance co curricular activites respect towards the employees treated fairly growth oriented company nice strategy good place to work
Great opportunities awaits once you join HSBC. Very fun, thrilled, competitive environment to work for. Great management skills and Reporting Manager. Would love to rejoin.
same as preview ,excellent company to work with . A good work culture and fantastic people to work it . More growth opportunities should be available for people working .
It is a great place to work - Tremendous work life balance - Employee friendly - Strong support for self development - Geographical presence - Strong management team
Pros
Employee friendly
Cons
Na
HSBC is one of the best place to work. It provides a pleasant work life culture and motivates the employees.Being a global bank we get a chance to interact with global customers and know their business or banking habits.
Pros
Free Work Culture
Cons
Poor management
  1. Kolkata, West Bengal