HSBC

HSBC Employee Reviews in Kolkata, West Bengal

Very disciplined, organized and friendly work culture. Good work ethics, employee centric. Timely salary and hike. Equal growth opportunities. Excellent leave structure. Too management.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
One way cab facility
My day at work starts around 10:30 and closes at 8:30 pm. Working with HSBC has given me experience on meeting Stakeholder expectation and working as a team. No comments The culture varies from working in Global Service Centers and Global Technologies. In GSC's we are more of ITID and hence supporting the business in the day to day activities is the main priority. The culture in GLTI ( Pune and Hyderabad) is more of individual contributors working in projects. The hardest part of the job is not pressure or working long hours, its when the process is not streamlined and customer expectations have not been set appropriately. Working and supporting new projects, learning the new technology and the organization's transformation.
Indeed a great place to work..where you will get motivation and gain skills for your future..great work culture and work life balance. Good pay package with fairly good amount of job security
Great working opprtunitiy to handle retain operations of a global bank . Gave me exposure to work and travel to various locations across the globe and team with multiple bankers
Global technology and non technology implementation and change management responsibilities gave me greater explosure to working with teams across multiple coutries and geographies
HSBC is an employee focused organization. HSBC has its HR policies which works best for any employee. HSBC adopts various means to ensure that there is a work life balance for its employees.
In the period of 1993 -95 one day due to severe rainfall Kolkata was partially collapsed and so the percentage of attendance in the office was too poor. And it was the 1st day of a month. I was a Teller Operator. After 11:30 AM suddenly the weather was getting cleared and the Customers were started coming into the Bank. A big Que was formed because out of 8 heads we were only 2 in the counter. Some of them started screaming. The Manager came inside the Teller area to give us moral support. Then I picked up some very sound customers in person as well as bearer from big companies and with their support myself and the Manager tried to control such situation with the logic of the weather condition and finally managed. It took huge time to attend all the customers. It was a really typical day at work. It was true that at that time we were too cool, calm and quite and started cooperate and convincing the customers in very gentle way with some snacks and cold drinks to take the situation under control and finally done. In Hsbc the work place culture is always very nice and healthy which I am not telling only but the customers also used to say that. We used to arrange a cultural programmed every year with the support of the customers and the fact was they were very eager to join with us like a family. The hardest time faced very recently at the time of demonetization. It was night mare to us. Our own customers were some how manageable but the non customers were too tough to manage. It was a horrible time we had to pass Once I was rewarded for various purposes related - more...
Good place to work, Job security present, Transparent HR policies, Salary advancement, Standard leave policy, Work environment so-so, Work life balance not so good.
Not enough recognition and support from the management. No further growth prospects in relevant field. Hostile environment created by few of the people.
Good place to learn as a beginner, growth opportunity limited. Very few can grow. HR is highly incapable of doing right job. Very limited onsite opportunities.
Good Company policy, Fixed working hour, Job security is there, Employee friendly company policy, Mentality of few employees is not professional, good amount of Bonus.
Pros
Fixed working hour
Cons
Few unprofessional employee
Productive and fun workplace. Great minds, great thinking, always motivated, challenging work, good atmosphere, love to work as a team. look after the career growth
Pros
Good work enviornment
Cons
Long hours and monotonous job
There is learning in an ever changing and dynamic work environment. There is opportunity to work in a global environment and opportunity work on short term assignments outside the country - which allows for exposure to other locational work environment.
Pros
Good physical environment
Cons
Low salary
Good company with employee friendly environment. Good work life balance. Work and fun activities including sports running parallel. Good working environment with good infrastructure.
Pros
Employee friendly atmosphere
Cons
Slow in adopting new technologies
The HCS Process was a US base process where we supported US based card clients with their queries. The induction and process training gave me a really good understanding of the company and the task at hand. The Process training was supported with an On Job training which really got agents ready for what they were going to face. Learning was good but growth opportunity in the company was less.
Pros
Brand Name, Strong Training and Learning, Employee Friendly
Cons
Growth Opportunities
It is very good company to work with-but i was working as outsourced employee thru Talent maximus india pvt ltd. Work culture was good. Learnt Payroll, Statutory Compliance, Taxes, etc.
Pros
Free cold drinks
Cons
not allowed to join HSBC team meeting
This company is a great place to work. It does provide great incentives, encourages employees to maintain work life balance by providing adequate leaves, by conducting different social-cultural events, motivates its employees by conducting different award functions, giving various platforms to showcase both professional and personal talents.
Its a great place to work, employee centric with job stability. Management is extremely approachable and gives priority to employees work life balance. It is one of the best employers and its a pride being a part of it!
one of the best companies in India you can work for since it is very professional and salary and perks are the best in the industry plus a great transport facility.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
too much politics
Good place to work in terms of maintaining work life balance, job enrichment, Cross Learning. Poor appraisal process. Opportunities to travel Overseas.
Pros
Good Work Life Balance.
Cons
Poor Appraisal process.
One of the finest banking institution I had work with. Loyalty and dedication to work is always respected. Customer service is a prime object at HSBC.
  1. Kolkata, West Bengal