HSBC

HSBC Employee Reviews for Assistant Vice President in Mumbai, Maharashtra

I was part of the GBM department in India and had fun working there. Most of my colleagues were with HSBC for more than a decade and had a decent journey in the bank in different departments and level of responsibility.
Pros
Good culture and people
Cons
Late hours
One of the few companies with orthodox operating style, but professional mangement, great working culture, employee centric. Customer service is primary.
Good work culture and great learning opportunities
The people around you make the place more exciting. I am fortunate to have beautiful people around me in the team. The work is interesting and people are awesome.
Pros
Core leaves system
Cons
HSBC is a leading MNC bank. Work environment is secured and it is a safe place to work. THere is a mix of work and fun. Hard work is rewarded. Approachable people.
My Corporate School, wherein I have learned immensely over a decade. HSBC provides various opportunities for the talent, the tag line is true that it is a best place to work.
HSBC focuses on ensuring each employee learns and grows along with the company. New Markets , New Networks and learning environment. Its a great place to work
It has been a very good experience and learning with the organisation. The organisation has provided with opportunities to grow and excel in the field of banking and finance.
Good place to learn, However no work life balance. Good for people who want to lean and spend the formative years of their careers.
Working for a global financial entity is quite unique. The global business priorities defined at the highest level of management in the Group define the country plans. The challenge is to meet those priorities within the opportunities available and issues faced at a country level. Ensuring the key business projects are implemented within the time/cost constraints is the major element of the job. At every stage, there are competing demands for budgets and resources for various projects/initiatives, and a balance needs to be maintained between growing revenue, ensure above par customer experience and regulatory requirements. Working with a diverse set of colleagues from across geographies to meet a common goal is quite exciting with several opportunities to learn and adapt best practices. Working out various alternatives and providing a solution to various requirements is one of the enjoyable aspects of the job - innovation plays a key role here.
Pros
Diverse job content, good workplace environment and recognition programs
Cons
Inconsistent growth opportunities, frequent reorganizations
every day is new learning every day is newexperience is most enjoyable part of work
Pros
employee friendly
Cons
na
I enjoyed and cherished the role as I was heading one of the best teams in the company .I established the contact center and then kept on adding different dimensions in my Service Head role year on year.However in last Qtr of 2012,there seem to be complete vagueness on the roadmap of companies future and hence took to a sabbatical.