HSBC

HSBC Employee Reviews for Information Security Analyst

This place has made me a professional, taught me skills which helped me to become what I'm today. I'll always be thankful to my trainers, manager and colleagues from this fantastic organisation
Pros
Yearly Parties & Sports
Cons
Breaks
Productivity targets alongwith quality targets are high 98%. Lots of fun activities are there but you need to have the time to participate. Management in Identity and Access Management is not good. No idea about the rest. Dont know about others but they gave me a pink slip 3 years back not thinking I had a 9 yr and 11 yr old to take care of. IAM tech lead became assistant manager and now is the manager. No one else was given a chance properly. They basically would nurture you till the time your salary package is less. Your job risk is at risk when you are stuck in a position for more than three years.
I Enjoy everything at HSBC. I feel everything is good at HSBC. Values Employee Feelings. Will understand our Concerns. For me Overall it is a good company.
HSBC is a best place to start for anyone who wants to start the career . The cultures are respected by everyone . Open in nature . Not much pressure compared to other financial institutions .
Pros
Events and Sports
Cons
No early Promotions
It was nice working with hsbc Received lot of appreciations Enjoyed working Good team members Got to learn lof of stuff team outings Cultural activities
Management is okay, but the hardest part being with the company is it lacks job security. There's so much of insecure feeling among the employees. Workplace culture is okay, strictly okay, nothing more than that.
The work culture is really good and you can always make out time to upgrade your skills through learning if you have good time management skills. I ahve been working in this company for qute a long time and have good experience and exposure with respect to various departments and cross trained on multiple processes. The people and management I have worked with have been good and helped me to build good and long term relationships.
It is the best place to work, Management has a great control. The working environment is superb. Supporting leads and sharing knowledge, place to learn new technologies. Beware - if you go there you may stick to HSBC. you may not fell leaving HSBC.
over all experience is good. but not much learning. very slow growth and no onsite oppurtunities. salary hikes not so good. but there is good work life balance due to work from home and flexible work hours
Pros
work from home
Cons
no exposure to learning
I have worked at HSBC full-time (More than 10 years) Pros Flexible timings Work from home facility Cons Very old technology stack Poor management Driven by UK No job security Advice to Management Respect your employees and try to retain them.
The job which i performed was very knowledgeable and productive, We used to enjoy the work as it was work friendly environment. there were outing, team lunches fun Fridays.
Open and enjoyable culture, good management structure and communication. Lot of career enhancement opportunities too. Sponsors 2 to 3 technical/leadership training and certifications per year which is very beneficial. Good holiday policy. Frequent team parties, events, lunch and many corporate sustainability initiatives.
Pros
training and certifications
Cons
less innovation
We have good work and we need more learning skills and it is always a good place to stay. We will have fun at work and we will not feel pressure at work when we have this.
Its a good working culture in HSBC and management is also helpful. Employees can share there views/opinion and good company standards.
Pros
Culture is good
Cons
Slow growth
I worked in HSBC for almost 4 years. It was wonderful. People were friendly. I worked in 3 different teams Access Management, Lotus notes and Information Security. All 3 roles taught a lot. It was fun working there.
Pros
Had my own system
Cons
Hard to get leaves
I have successfully implemented and managed enterprise information security and compliance initiatives for HSBC, with 8 years of experience in HSBC in Information Security Risk department. My accomplishment in delivering results is a consequence of an ability to understand information security requirements, optimize existing resources, identify promising technologies and form liaisons between cross-functional personnel, training staff and UAT testing.
Feel good to work in such an environment and one can maintain good relation with co-workers, Its an most enjoyable place to work.
I started my Carrier with HSBC with great pleasure and good knowledge am much thankful HSBC is the place where people are eco friendly and the managment was very helpful. Some of the situations our team target was very high in very less time in those situations my self took the initiative and completed the work with in the time. On Friday apart from work we do have TGIF activities which we enjoyed a lot and also still we are conducting these activities.
HSBC is one of the best Companies i experience in my life...! Due to health issues left the company....Also missing kids life leaving for job for long our,s......! Then decided to work from home which is a bit relevant to my profile not too hectic but capable of handling good work....! Thank you
Pros
Monthly outing's
Cons
very good and comfortable providing breaks etc
Good Place to work.Job Satisfaction,Management is good,very helpful,understanding,they are always there to help when ever needed.Good work culture.good co-workers.learn lot from frend and managers.
Good domain oriented placeGood at diplomacySenior Management's VisioStrategic management does think of employeeAs this was my first job , i learned many things especially multitasking.
Pros
employee's are given a fair chance. great work culture and values inbuilt
Cons
i didnot find any of cons in my stay
  1. Information Security Analyst