HSBC

HSBC Employee Reviews for Software Engineer

HSBC is a great place to work. I joined HSBC as a fresher and HSBC treated me well. Your ideas and opinions are heard no matter what your position or experience is. You'll be given several opportunities to grow and showcase your work. Your career goal is acknowledged by your manager and he/she helps you achieve it.
One of the best places to work. Humanity is seen at all levels. People are treated as such not like slaves. Growth opportunities. Great working environment.
HSBC has a good workplace culture and works on good technologies. The team i am woking with is great. Since HSBC follows Agile methodology, so a typical day at work stats with a stand up. As a software engineer one is responsible for delivering 8-11 story points every sprint.
Not for learners. They dont pay you enough. The management is a lot of incometent people. You though have a nice work life balanace and if you have a relaxed manager you can take a lot of WFH too.
worked there as sde on legacy ibm iseries, though i got opportunities to work on new technologies like node ,angular, but still growth opportunity is less .
nice experience with this organization working as a software engineer. nice team with a nice manager and a great environment. will refer always to opt
it feels good to be part of company which give you your personal life and work life balance. Apart from work there are many activities done in dept. which is quite good and makes the life of the person stress free.
My experience with HSBC was short, just more than a year or so. I had a nice time networking with a wide array of colleagues and understanding how the bank functions. It is a cool place to work.
My teammates were very supportive. Especially managers are very helpfull. They focus on human health that is healthiest human system. Very helpful.
Productive culture and the learning curve are high. I have explored a lot of things ane able to survive the client's need. Worked extensively in mainframe technologies, which comprise VSAM, COBOL, DB2 and JCL. Prepared test cases in all test regions like SIT and successfully did the production deployment process. Designed and developed CSR's as per business requirements and used JIRA, Kanban board and Scum methodology to log assigned requests
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HSBC?
HSBC is my first company in which I have learned a lot, I have learned many new things n HSBC's culture is very good here as well as work is done with entertainment, in which I have participated many times and learned a lot there is a workshop in which I have been consistently participating and learning a lot. According to me, HSBC is a WOMEN supportive company as well
-Good work-life balance -Very good opportunities to learn cutting-edge technologies. -Opportunity to collaborate with a global employee & customer-base.
I had joined as a fresher. I have been working in HSBC for 2.8 years. The workplace culture is employee friendly . I have learned technical knowledge and developed the ability to put in dedicated efforts to achieve the targets . Which provided appreciation in returns and motivated further to betterment.
A typical day at work would involve regular stand-ups, development, testing, conference calls, occasional presentations. I learned quite a bit about production support, data analysis and visualization. The management was always supportive and collaborative. The workplace culture was nice and well balanced.
Doesn't bother to cross check the feedback / rumours. Participated in a crime by withholding feedback and refusing to appraise the individual of his situation. Got involved in violating constitutional rights. Have a problem acknowledging / apoligising / explaining actions. Colludes with other employers in creating false feedback. Prefers coverups to corrections. -- Corrupt set of people.
Very healthy place to work. You will have a good work/life balance. The company's working standards are way beyond expectations. And it's the best place for female colleagues.
Some projects in HSBC India having new technologies, else most of the projects having old technologies and customized framework. Compensation and bonus is very good. support allowances and night shift allowance is awesome.
Good Training on the Job Good Technologies to work with Open to communication with even the very junior employees Presently in the process of implementing new technologies to code better
Really any other IT shop in india. Unprofessional management, long hours, demotivated staff. Typical of the industry though, salary is better than others
I faced many challenges here and got the opportunity to learn new technology and implement it. Team was very supportive and helpful because of which I could achieve my goals on time and could deliver the assigned tasks on time
Amazing place to work in. Many things to learn. Good exposure. Many things to try and get hands dirty on to try and learn all at new level. Experienced​ people to guide you .
  1. Software Engineer