HSBC

HSBC Employee Reviews for Systems Administrator

Work life balance is good, good hikes, worst Managers I have seen in many teams if manager is good your life is good at HSBC.Company provides you stable life and it is a place where you can get settle down.
Pros
Work life balance, hikes, free transport
Cons
Need to work on old technologies, No onsite
I started my career at HSBC only. I work with HSBC..long run lots of this I learn complete environment is encouraged you to do right thing do positive..
Hsbc is my first project that helped me to explore my technical skills, working environment, Learned to handle issues and work pressure. Learned to handle project issues.
Full of Standards Everything is documented. Lots of quality work Easy to manage work life balance. Great place to work. Good management. Lots of training are available.
Very good organization,i have been worked since 2016 ,It is located on the main road itself so it's easy to find. Also the staff is very friendly and helpful!
Pros
Great HR Policies and core leave
Cons
Nothing I could see as cons
experience in Software Configuration Management (SCM), DevOps, Deployment & Release management and an AWS early adaptor, worked in many technical roles both in Linux and Windows environment for build and automation process.
Initially good place to work at HSBC policies being changes quite frequently and its becoming tougher to current employees and most of the projects are being given to outsourcing companies.
Good benefits, hikes. Lesser levels of promotion and redundant processes, archaic methodology of working.
HSBC is basically a bank and a product based organization. Here we have a good working culture and atmosphere. I've learnt a lot both in professional and personal life over here. One of the best organizations to work for.
Opportunity to work with different team.Worked both as developer and production support for all the region across the globe.
HSBC is good company Learnt new things Provided opportunities to grow Good work culture No work pressure Good for who want to join banking domain
I was introduced to a new Technology i.e AS400 after having completed my undergrads where java,C,C++,HTML were more commonly taught,i was really very excited to learn this language which was pretty unusual as compared to other well known technology.
Pros
Exposure to new Technology
Cons
Very Limited Oppurtunity
MQ Accountablities: • I am mainly accountable for handling production support which includes Crises calls and production tickets mainly on Z/Os environment. • Handling Incident tickets with severity 1, 2 & 3. • Reviewing Production Change Orders. • Closely work with developers in Environment design & Architecture, Configuration, Deployment & troubleshooting of MQ issues. • Hands on experience of configuring MQ Series on various environments especially on Z/OS, iSeries (AS400) and also on Windows, & UNIX. • Troubleshoot MQ related issue, by checking Z/OS logs (MSTR & CHIN) also on AS400 environment. • Created and modify MQ objects(which includes queues, channels, listener, process etc..) on both the environment Z/OS and AS400 • Fixing channel problems such as uncommitted messages, channel retry issues, se-quence number mismatch issues . • Recycling CHIN • Performed refresh security command through panel. • Experience with in product & Fixpack installations and version upgrades of WebSphere MQ • Provided authorities to the user on AS400 platform. And work with RACF team to update ACL Authentications on Mainframe MQ objects • Worked with PQ Edit. • Created and configured MQ Objects on Midrange Environments (Windows & UNIX), like Queue Managers, Remote Queues, Local Queues and Queue Aliases. • Ability to administer the message objects associated with all WebSphere MQ objects such as Queues, Process Definitions, Channels and Listeners. • Hands on experience in MQ Series Triggering and distributed queuing. • Experienced in setting up MQ queue manager cluster environment. - more...
I am satisfied with my current job however I want to relocate myself to Kolkata, that's why looking for a suitable IT System Administrator / system Engineer / Desktop Support / Analyst / Project Management job. Skilled in System Administration on Windows technology, hardware & Networking, troubleshooting call Call Centre & Data Centre Applications and various issues through SCCM, DAT & LES. Insightful knowledge in Active Role Server, permissions to Share Folders, groups and policies. Working knowledge of Lotus Notes Client and Lotus Domino Server Administration 8.5.2. Well acquainted with the steps of generating reports for HSBC Service Management Control & HSBC Service Management Data Warehouse.
Nice Place to work and can gain numerous knowledge on new technologies.
I am very happy to work with HSBC, and i can say that team management and co-workers support is very good in HSBC,my hardest part of my job tickets handling, the most enjoyable part of my job is trouble shooting on new issues
Pros
occasionally
Cons
9 Hrs
Best place to work. Your work and compensation depends on your manager
what I learned management co-workers typical day at work Working under Boss
Pros
Free Launches
Cons
Long Hours
Having 9 years of experience in Taleo and LMS as a global administrator. Having a good experience in implementing and upgrading the new versions
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
work alchoholic
It was a nice company to work. excellent package, excellent working environment.
Pros
good timing
Cons
no cons
  1. Systems Administrator