HSBC

HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 3,098 reviews matching the search
Work Life balance is really good in HSBC and cultural activities are really commendable. Work culture is also excellent, learning opportunities are broad. Their learning academy motivates to learn and up skill and do technical certification to enhance your skill which is really nice. Management is very supportive to team though it depends on person to person. Work pressure is quite balanced between different business lines and it defers team wise.
Pros
Cultural activities are good to have
Cons
No on site oppurtunities and appraisals
Very collaborative and relaxed work culture. Competitive group to work with in market risk, credit risk, AML businesses. Good place to learn and contribute actively.
It was good working at HSBC. Though technology used is legacy the organisation was open to new emerging technologies and trying to modernize. Good work life balance. Fair salary structure. Overall good
fun workplace with high learning. good supportive people with kind hearten mind. excellent environment as always and awesome growth opportunities for carrier growth.
India leadership is average, decision-making is onshore. No. Resources in hsbc is big and many redundant job roles. Processes in Hsbc are well defined.
The organisation is going through severe cost pruning exercise . Hence one should be careful before joining the organisation . Further seek your detailed job description before taking up any senior roles.
Awesome place to work....the more u work the more u get benefits like hike and bonus.....nice work culture....no one would treat u like a slave....so friendly manager's,off site parties.....everything is so awe....ya the stress and work pressure depends on the process we work...
Canara HSBC OBC Life Insurance is very competitive in the Life Insurance Sector. I have enjoyed my time at HSBC. HSBC is company with Excellent Security and Work balanced.
HSBC has a good workplace culture and works on good technologies. The team i am woking with is great. Since HSBC follows Agile methodology, so a typical day at work stats with a stand up. As a software engineer one is responsible for delivering 8-11 story points every sprint.
To become a professional financier.To work in a more professional and challenging working environment that helps to advance the abilities of financial management and financial analysis. To contribute accumulated knowledge and experience to business. To find a stable job with promotion prospects and competitive salary
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HSBC?
Almost I have 4 years of experience with “HSBC” payment screening team. Always we have same daily work style. Team is super work & Fun too, Mangment is very supported. I achieve the best result within the team on all performance parameters.
Cons
Hsbc is a work friendly place. It follow same rules/guidances globally. It is good in its initations like corporate social responsibilities. Helps to develop.
friendly atmosphere and a place where you can gain a lot of knowledge in the banking sector, where you can also improve communication skills and good behavior.
Productivity targets alongwith quality targets are high 98%. Lots of fun activities are there but you need to have the time to participate. Management in Identity and Access Management is not good. No idea about the rest. Dont know about others but they gave me a pink slip 3 years back not thinking I had a 9 yr and 11 yr old to take care of. IAM tech lead became assistant manager and now is the manager. No one else was given a chance properly. They basically would nurture you till the time your salary package is less. Your job risk is at risk when you are stuck in a position for more than three years.
Not for learners. They dont pay you enough. The management is a lot of incometent people. You though have a nice work life balanace and if you have a relaxed manager you can take a lot of WFH too.
GOOD place. Lot of politics. Slow paced since its a bank. uses ancient technology . Cultural stress. No clean food to eat .Over all ok place to work.reputation is great .
Pros
no pros
Cons
lots of cons
I found HSBC to be the best place to work .. I have a comfort zone. . I love the working environment .. the building n it's infrastructure is awesome. . Overall I will vouch for it as the best place to work.
A company that ensured that work balance life is a priority. Vast options for career growth and good range of pay grade according to your work. The place I worked also provided study and work program
No job security, they follow hire and fire polio there is no proper resource planning. They don't have stable management. My manager changed every 3 months.
It was fun working at HSBC .. The only reason for me to move in to a different organisations is to upskill my self in the software field. I want to work in a complete software company.
Pros
Health work environment
Cons
Need to streamline the processes more.
I started my career with HSBC ..which is a very good place to learn and improve your skill sets and also lot of support from higher management while having any issues while working. Recreational activities and events will make you love your work place more.
  1. Employee Reviews