HCL Technologies logo

HCL Technologies Employee Reviews for Lead Engineer

Lead Engineer241 reviews
India241 reviews

Found 241 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,468 reviews

Good place to Work, but less growth in career

Good place to Work, but less growth in career.we have good peoples surrounded.Good work culture.At sometimes feeling the same routine jobs.Very less learning curve.

Pros

Good peoples

Average company

Average company every thing is average here.no salary hike but you can explore onsite opportunity ( if you interested). Bench period so job security is also plus point in hcl .no matter what work you do , you treated as average until you not resigned

Pros

Job security, work life balance

Cons

Less recognise your work ( if you don't believe to show off your work..no salary hike

Great Learning and fun working

Path laying company for freshers and experienced. Work here contains emotion, fun, stress, enjoyments. All together a very good place to work. Pay is not upto the mark but enough.

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

Less pay

Poor Project Management for Embedded and Network Projects

For embedded and network professional there would be hectic resource allocation process some time pushy too from IT Support department . Especially for embedded engineer dependencies are too much , same with network project sometime, at that time hectic and complex and too much time consuming approval process of each resource create a crunch of resources due to same end result will be adversely affected.Afterwards none will take responsibility at the final end end engineer will suffer.

Pros

Good for non-embedded and non-network projects.

Cons

Bad operational management embedded and network project resource allocation process.

You get motivation at work but overall culture is bad.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at HCL Technologies is depending upon project For some it's really hectic.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at HCL Technologies are not upto the mark.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at HCL Technologies, I think it's kind of stable.ManagementIn general, managers at HCL Technologies are not that good.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at HCL Technologies is good experience.OverallMy experience working at HCL Technologies is mediocre.

Overall not a good experience

Some projects have a high pressure environment here. Management will follow only the tunes of the client. At some point, you will feel its not worthy to be here without any support and the even the pay is not at par with the pressure of work. Extreme learning/ because of client-management pressure can spoil work environment.

Pros

Yes its a secure JOB. If you are average skilled, you job control is mostly in your hands here.

Cons

Lot of projects, management is not worthy for the efforts to be put by you.

Long journey with HCL

I have seen my complete growth in this organization. I have joined as a fresher and currently I'm working here as Lead. This journey has offered me a lot to learn that can help me to perform well anywhere in IT world.

HCL was a fun place to work , Management people were truly care about the happiness of their employees. It's a really relaxed and calm environment, even though the work we do can be fast paced

Good place to work at

Good place to work at. good project to learn a lot from. work life balance is good. I would like to refer my friends to this organization. Overall it is a good concern

It is okay as far as incentive like insurance but salary package isn't good.

No good for long time employment. Can be with organisation for at least 3 years not more than that. Not much to learn as a part of work but apart from work they provide extra materials for enhancing my skills.

Pros

Learning packages

Cons

Low appraisal, Low Pay

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HCL Technologies?

Good

Not very much satisfied with Benefits provided..Varaiable pay and appraisal is worst..no proper recognition for those who work sincerely to develop career

A nice place to work,peoples are friendly and very transparent Management

A nice place to work,peoples are friendly and very transparent Management Good environment for Freshers Office located on center of the city and campus is huge with all facilities

Perfect work life balance

You can work relax. less work pressure. Good place to use your innovative ideas. They should concentrate more on salary & benifits to make it best place for employees.

Bad Experience which I had

Worst Experience I ever had in last 15 years. Never says about HCL Technologies, it's all about my Project, especially management. Some projects in HCL have fantastic managers and good appraisal.

Good

Very good Project based growth Limited onsite opportunity Neutral player and less for freshers Idea centric Collaborative environment Challenging work

I felt very cool and fun work place

i felt like am working with CMM-5 level company and management provided full freedom to implement new things. they are provided laptop based on the project.

Not bad

Decent company You can learn based on the team you are into Decent Package Sometimes it gets stressful More politics No WFH options or its hard to get.

Non stand salary

Good for starters. Can learn as a fresher. Know about process involved in Software development lifecycle. Good work life balance. Management activities are not Good

Depends on salary

If the salary you received is low then you are at safe place and you shouldn't face any difficult their. If you are getting more salary, then probably won't receive any hike. The appraisal cycle always normalization.

Secured and Low Paid job

Even if you get best performer award and rating 3 years in a row. No salary benefits will be provided. Because i was the best performer and 1st rating 3 times in a row with no salary benefits

Good Place and Environment to work and learn

HCL is a good place to work and you will enjoy your work Manager are supportive they take you as team and the appraisal is bit kow than market standards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HCL Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,496