Hindustan Aeronautics Limited

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Employee Reviews for Deputy Manager

Deputy Manager26 reviews
India26 reviews

Mechanical Engineering with Work experience from 2004

Mechanical engineering with work experience from 2004 , various filed in Automobile, Boilers-Thermal Power Plant Components, Land and Marine Gas Turbines Assembly Repair Overhauls, Ship Building and Aeronautics field.

About

Good social relationship among peers. Lack of modern tech infrastructure like ai as other global competitive company. High skilled human resource. Mostly dependent on defense ministry.

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things

Safe & stable

HAL is a PSU under Ministry of Defence, GOI. It follows a very strict hierarchical system (Line organization). Job is very much secured, comparatively work life is smooth, offers much facilities to employees. For talented young it offers a smooth promotion on a timeline basis. Challenges are more, there are lot areas here youngsters can bring improvements.

Pros

Salary, Security

Cons

Poor Leadership, Lack of technologies, tools and techniques

Public Sector Attitude

Public sector mentality is very heavy and not a great company to work with except for medical benefits etc Payment also less paid and not a good ambiance

Good

there is a lot of freedom to do what you want to do in the workplace. there is tremendous opportunity to learn. management support is very resistive but by persisting you can move forward the hr rules are not employee friendly.

Pros

learning, freedom to choose area

Cons

strict rules, bureaucracy

A unique aerospace industry

This organisation works in the filed of aerospace and defence and there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. The hardest part is no flexibility in timing and the work culture is not good for engineers.

Good Working Place

I have been working at Hindustan Aeronautics full-time (More than 6 years). It has given me exposure to wide markets and has given exposure to the international business. It was fun loving to work at HAL, I have always enjoyed working there.

Pros

Job Security, Subsidesed lunch and breakfast

Cons

Time based promotions rather than merit based.

Loved working at HAL

Being a first job, Personally I loved working in Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Nashik. Received very good training for 72 weeks after selection as Management trainee. Met very professional seniors. Received lot of appreciations but slow advancement. Very good township.

Its an excellent company

As per different projects are concerned it is very good. Still there is lot of scope for improvements. Day by day the culture also changing.HR has to take more and more initiative to bring the dynamic changes in working atmosphere. Financial aspectsfor executives are required to be enhanced at par with other PSUs.

Pros

Free Coupons for food

Cons

Health care is fully taken by the Management

Not a good place for professionals

Very low growth in terms of career and salary. Lethargic environment and not a great place to work. Better for married ladies.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited?

Looking for a competitive working environment

-Learned skills such as Man management, Supply chain management, warehouse management. -Currently managing a manpower of 37 employees

Served beautifully in different capacity. Satisfied with the job and earned rich experience specially in Purchase, Stores and contracts management. Retried at 60years age after serving the company for about 30 years.

Pros

Nil

Cons

Nil

Job security but no growth

Has the typical culture of a public sector unit. Performance measurement system exists only on paper. Promotions and compensation depends solely on seniority and lobbying. Highly hierarchical and bureaucratic. Learning is high during initial years but slows down drastically as very few new projects are coming in. Growth and learning almost ceases within a couple of years. Routine paper pushing jobs are common. Best suited for people who prefer low risk and are not very ambitious. For people who want to get back home within 8 hours and spend time on other activities.

Pros

Talented work force, job security

Cons

No growth, low pay

Work environment

I have gained a lot of experience in my 7.5 years of career.During my training period I underwent an extensive training program of one year which included modules of technical knowledge and also business management . After the training period I was allotted to one of the departments in the Division evaluated based on my capabilities. I was part of Avionics manufacturing dept. where I had in-depth hands-on experience with the assembly,testing and troubleshooting of the equipment. It improved my technical and practical knowledge in Electronics. Together with that I headed a number of Technicians which eventually made better as a manager and leader.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Less job satisfaction

Teaching In American College

Nice to join as Lecturer in chemistry immediately after Post Graduation. Enjoyed to teach students what I learnt for many years.

Pros

Freedom in teaching

Cons

nothing

great exposure to aviation and aerospace field.

Nice company to work with. enriched exposure to aviation field,its requirement,safety and performance. A pool of enthusiastic and talented technocrats. Lots to opportunities to learn on day to day basis.

Lot of opportunity to learn and improve, supportive managers, good work culture, good enough resources to solve an issue that would come up at work

I was a Liaison officer and later was promoted to a deputy manager. My job was to help and over look the production process. My job was to make sure that the production is not held up due to any reason and if so happens take the necessary step to clear the problems. I was working in coordination with methods, quality, and approval departments to ensure the production runs smoothly. I needed to make the necessary documentation required for running and help the assembly shop with the production. I enjoyed the part where I learned the different problems we encountered and how strategically we could solve them and provide solutions. The managers were very cooperative and provided inputs were required to get to the solution fast. We all co-workers worked together and helped each other to work out the solution by giving inputs how we got solution to same problems. The hardest part was not able to know where would the problem come up with for instance methods, assembly or quality and we needed t be prepared for any glitch.

Pros

Healthy work environment, stress free, good care for employees

Cons

Different channels for recruiting

Good place to start your career

Good place to work and gain knowledge. Has plenty of running projects to develop skills. Management is insensitive, but focus on work will bring rewards.

I am a qualified quality control and quality assurance professional having 7 years of experience in aircraft manufacturing

1. My day start with routine inspection activity allotment to my inspectors for Airbus and Boeing projects. 2. I am taking care of structure, mechanism and interchangeability inspection activities. 3. I have a good understanding of Airbus and Boeing projects in the area of assembly inspection, special process, customer snag analysis, corrective and preventive action, first article inspection. 4. I am certified internal quality auditor for AS9100. 5. I am managing a team of seven persons. 6. I am DGCA approved inspector

productive and highly competitive work place

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited is the place where you can learn technical as well as management concept on day to day basis. I learnt a lot in the field of design, testing, procurement, manufacturing, assembly line operation and people management. A great place to start your career.

Pros

Great healthcare benefits and wide variety of field to explore.

Cons

compensation package is not upto the mark.

Working with HAL is good experience

Working with HAL is good experience. As being first Job i have learned a lot from HAL

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Hindustan Aeronautics Limited with