Hindustan Petroleum

Hindustan Petroleum Employee Reviews

India194 reviews

hindustanpetroleumrefineryexposuresectorengineeroilsafety

Great opportunity to learn lot of things in every aspect.

This is an opportunity that I've got to work with HPCL Visakha Refinery. Every day is of challenging in nature. There is a lot more to learn regarding technical aspect, human relation aspect, communication too.

Pros

Free lunches, perks during festivals.

Productive and challenging place to work

Worked for 13 years here in HPCL which is fortune 500 company. Have gained lots of knowledge in the fields of Lubricants, Industrial Fuels and Retail sales in line with Health Safety Environment compliance.

Hindustan Petroleum insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Good for Graduate Apprenticeship

It was 1 year apprenticeship program under the apprenticeship act 1961. The stipend was 25000 per month. Which good enough for all other expenditure during job. Work culture and officers behaviour is very very good and corporative. They tech you beyond your filled.

Productive and well balanced work place.

Working at HPCL adds business etiquettes and builds a personality ready to be serving our nation. If you are a quick learner then it's an additional advantage to grasp the culture and event learnings that HPCL provide for our development.

Pros

Free lunch, break fast and snacks

Vast Exposure

I have been working for Hindustan Petroleum for about 32 Years. I found that there is flexibility to try out different / new things in your field. The Supervisors are cooperative and encouraging.Of course there will pressure to achieve targets. There is an opportunity to develop contacts with Government Departments, District and State Administration, and also Large Private Sector Enterprises. If you are in Retail you have an opportunity to develop customer experience initiatives.Overall it is an enjoyable experience.

Pros

You can enjoy work

Cons

Sometimes it takes longer time to get results

Loved with Fun workplace with relaxed environment. Working hours Depends on plant load. Enjoyed games after day end.

Great place to start your career with. Friendly and supportive environment.No kind of pressure, stress.Freedom to utilise leisure time.Enjoyed playing cricket and badminton after day end.Plant incharge also participates in games and supports young talents.

Pros

Salary and other allowances benefits, secured future, Career growth, Oppurtunities to learn

Cons

No nearby township, No fix working days.

Good

Good company , good work culture. Good workers , Good environment, Good food , Good salary, Good location, Good unit , Good weather, Good management

Good

Good

Having a Best Company page that clearly outlines what we do, who we service, and how well we deliver for our customers through their verified reviews has been instrumental for lead gen. A lot of traffic is organically driven to our Best Company page, which generates a healthy amount of leads for us.

Pros

Gg

Cons

Bb

Excellent Exposure

You will be meeting to a number sectors, Government Agencies, Entire supply chain, Channel partners, etc,. You will be exposed to making proposals, negotiations, channel partners selection etc., in general it is quite enriching experience.

Pros

Reasonable compensation

Cons

Slow progress

good amount of responsibility as a new joinee. Stable and secure job. good pay

pros are 1. Good pay and perks 2. Stable job and secure 3. Respect of society 4. Several verticals so movement within company possible COns slow growth boring work remote location

Pros

money, respect, security

Cons

slow growth, remote location

Its realy good and have good staff and colleagues. A great place to learn new things. Technically we can grow.We cn learn new things related to automation

Job security,compensation and benefits

No gain of technical knowledge. Excellent remuneration Gain in management skillCooperate societyWeek end holidayDiverse cultureExcellent work environment

it's a government based company. His work environment is very good.

We have the little bit experience in this company. His environment of work is very smoothly. But work pressure is too high. And here you can gain very good skill because of government based company.

Am not recommended anyone to do job in Hpcl

Lack of salary , Extra work Fraud Marketing officer behaviour is bad Don't do job in hpcl plz. I Dont Want Anyone to do job in this line...........

Pros

No pros

Cons

Many cons (can't discuss here)

Improved the quality of decision making

Improved People handling abilityInteraction with people of both higher as well as subordinate level Analysing a Problem & deliver an optimal solution

Good place to start the career

Poor Personal / Professional Life Balance. Sometimes called at odd hours or weekly offs because someone else did not plan the job properly Mid-level People mostly concerned about impressing their bosses not thinking about their subordinates. For them, subordinate's life does not exist outside refinery.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Long hours even without any emergency, too much time taken to promote people initially

Training, career growth,

The company is open to innovation and readily adops latest technology ,I love the fact that I am a part of a team that markes reliable ,high quality products and has a global client base. Team work and lot of work by which I am able to learn may things which may be very beneficial for my future

Pros

Best ever comfortable service. I like it very much. The service is very safer and faster than other.

Cons

I face no cons there. Good work always. I like it. of any they are very miner.

Great Work atmosphere

Good for learn new thing they give information about DCS they tell me about plant how its work give information about LOUP plant (Lube oil base upgradation plant) its high pressure plant 155-160 kg/cm*2 management was best

Not answer

I worked at Hindustan Petroleum full-time for less than a year Pros reputed company and good business Cons location and very less holidays. Good work culture Good pay High employee engagement Job security

Good

Good work / Life Balance, management, culture.You will be knowing how oil and gas companies work .You can have ample time to update yourself for further career growth.

Good company

Valuable company for learning about Mechanical filed.Good exposure for every one.Time is flexible.every festival is celebrate.had a great time over there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hindustan Petroleum. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Hindustan Petroleum with

• Hindustan Petroleum
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?