Hindustan Zinc Limited

India8 reviews

Hindustan Zinc Limited insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Productive & fun workpalace.

I am process junior engineer here in crusher department. I learned here about modern machinery & technology in industries, proper utilization of resourses, save power & equipment, Amazing team work skills.

Pros

free breakfast & lunch.

Nathing

I m feel good about company standards falling roles like safety, and attractive salary, supporting management and managing to work with the teamwork in my shift.

Best day of my professional life.

I had encountered a very difficult situation in my life when I was working at Vedanta.I was working as Short Term Mine Planner in Mine Planning Dept(HZL).It was hardly an year i spent there in department.As usual every year we used to make Monsoon Plan for open cut mines as per the past data and records of rainfall.During my time the amount of rainfall was beyond the imagination and forecast.Entire mine was in water and ore supply was impacted for coming days. I was asked to make an immediate contingency mine operation plan to deliver ore supply in coming days.It was the same time when i was the youngest and most experience fellow in my department after my boss,rest all had resigned left with the new seniors in department. Was a bit nervous and hesitated to take the challenge.But I look it as an opportunity and gave my best with my basic concepts of mine planning.I gave job to my seniors and worked with 5 options to encounter the risk and started working to design another pushback/stage through datamine under huge pressure. I gave my presentation in front of senior management as well as CEO.Everyone followed my plan and we achieved on target day.I really enjoyed because i had worked 16 hours for 2 months consistently with my team.This was the hardest and most enjoyable part of my life. Later on I was appreciated by CEO for my efforts.I was the youngest to achieve it among my team where i was the leader.

Pros

Dedicated and consistent team work

Cons

Appreciated by CEO(HZL, VEDANTA) for best performance in Mine Planning

mine planing and work with safety

working as mining engineer in mochia below ground witha safety and good quality. working with sub level stoping method, exploratory driling, blasting, long hole drilling for production, laoding and hauling with LHD and LOCO Equipment. work all day safety talk nd tool box talk.

Learning atmosphere and work culture

Managed operation ream Handling Shifts Overall plant operation and process control co workers are friendly

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Good

Best mining company in India to work other than less renumerations offered

Pros

Free accommodation, lunch, healthcare

Cons

No personal life

Good work environment , job rotations, good family life.

I have learnt about managing manpower , producing ore in a cost effective and sustainable manner by pre-planning, capital budgeting , long hole blasting, production drilling, proper waste disposal, controlling consumptions of various consumables and Asset optimization process. Strata management and rock mechanics, various methods of mining with back filling and paste filling, improving EBTA by optimizing power consumption at various levels and reducing Carbone emission.

Pros

Free launches

Cons

Healthcare, insurance.

drilling blasting and logistics

preparation and execution of blast plan by using recent blasting technology in under ground mechanised mine.monitoring transportion of ore towards primary chrusher.planning and monitoring of formation of north ramp portal.i dont like management.my co workers are friendly and helpful.

Pros

many things to learn

Cons

poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hindustan Zinc Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Hindustan Zinc Limited with