HMT Machine Tools Limited

HMT Machine Tools Limited Employee Reviews

Tooling design and selection, competitive pricing strategies

Tender submission and quotation submission with competitive pricing strategies for Govt. of India, Defence and Private customers. Setting of tools and tool design along with selection of tools and pricing.

Wasn't good

Good place to learn shop floor production activities. Very worst management. Will loose your confidence if you work here. The company has become antique property.

Good experience

Best fundamental technology available in machine tools industry It's the place which can be stated as mother of Indian machine tools It's a temple if machine tool technology

Pros

Gain wide knowledge

Cons

No cons

Internship

I pursued my internship in HMT (Hindustan Machine Tools) , where I work for 6 months in Fabrication & CNC machines. Where a special machines are made that attracted me the most.

productive and fun working place

there was no typical day that i personally faced at work because all the staff members have supported me very well.Management has been generous and kind which helped me to gain knowledge.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

short breaks

Better place to work .The suitable location for the environment and employees. This is the public sector unit since 1960.Here manufacturing the machine components and built the machines.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Normal Hours

Technician Apprentice

This is the pioneer organisation in Indian Machine Tool industry. We could gain immense knowledge on machines because it is good platform to learn practical as well as theoretical knowledge from base level. All the engineers are cooperative with trainees and let the students to work directly on the machines which would improve our practical skills. Machine tool industry is collaborated with German machine tool industry thereby foreign exposure can be experienced.

Pros

Eco friendly atmosphere, subsidised canteen

Cons

Contract employment is not functioning well.

Overview

India's Leading machine tool manufacturing company. Produces a wide variety of machine tools for various customers. The company has a lot of facilities and a wide variety of machinery.

A good learning oppertunity

▪ Observed the various departments involved in the manufacturing of the hydraulic products, earth-movers and prepared a presentation on the manufacturing process ▪ Exposure to Supply Chain Management, Procurement and Project management.

Productive and good work place

Learnt about cnc machines, involved in production of cnc systems from board level. Maintaining planning, purchase, services and store departments. Involving in testing of cnc boards and systems.

Pros

Free lunches

Management was not good

It is public sector organization. In this company huge number of production takes place in many division like Machine tools , Gears , watches , and many more. Maintenance is not good

Being a core manufacturing company learnt many values.

one of very strong founded companies to learn values of teamwork n skills.. Enjoyed my journey with my seniors n colleges..

Seniors were very supportive

Worked with senior employees of the company. Worked in the CNC Production and Testing department. Learnt about electronic items and to analyse circuit diagram

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Temporary job

very good

good productivity i learned machine operating job setting good management very supportive co workers the hardest is setting the heave weight jobs most enjoyable job is cnc programming

Pros

free launches

Internship

Very good atmosphere. Helping project guides. 3 months internship project on "A Study on Working Capital Management with special reference to HMT Machine Tools Ltd, Kalamassery" submitted report. Got the compliment of best project from Guide in finance.

Good place for hard workers

Awesome for those who possess talent..Anyyone can be trained...Lots of expert officials in various feilds Good environment All the latest technologies Good training facvilities

Pros

Cons

Benefitsand salary

great knowledge about manual work

In HMT pinjore. it was my 1st industrial internship I found here how to perform operation manually with precision. some of worker work here more then 25 years they share their experience with us it was very beneficial for me. i just love work here.

Good Place to gain knowledge

Had a good security management system but sometimes it was like lack of proper management. Good coordination and support among employees

Well cultured and established company taking care employees and their family.

World fame hmt machine tools limited is psu of india govt. Which was established in 1956 to provide capital structures to indian industry for development of the country. Today, appx. All the industry of india are having many of their machinery of hmt make. The first machine tool indian company is well established, well cultured, and technical output oriented. Co. The machine tools, which can not be produced by other indian manufacturers, hmt take challenges and produces to a satisfaction level of customer. Hmt also take care of their customers for any help at any time whether machine is within or out of warranty period. Here promotion policies are good and for a right candidate future is secured. No difference is made between caste and other parameters. All employees works as family or team to meet targets. We here produces machines as well defense items for making in india .

Pros

Subsided tea /snackes

Cons

Limited 8 hrs working

Productive, highly skilled people and fun to work with

Updated my Communication Skills Management was was supportive to the trainees Colleagues were knowledgeable 12 hours work on occasions

Pros

Free lunches fo 1 rupee

Cons

12 hours work occasionally

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HMT Machine Tools Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare HMT Machine Tools Limited with

• HMT Machine Tools Limited
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?