Horizon Services

Horizon Services Employee Reviews

Great pay

Great place to learn a new trade paid training and school is paid for . learn plumbing and HVAC . the bad can be long hours as much as 12-14 hours in a day . on call weekends and holidays

Pros

great traing

Cons

Don't be fooled by this Company

They force you to work all hours And threaten you with your job if you do not sell. Management is horrible they will talk behind your back and short you on paychecks.. They want you to rip off customers as much as you can especially old people they target.. do not work for this company !

Pros

Can't think of any

Cons

Bad management

Stay away at all cost

I normally read a bad review and think the person leaving the review is just lazy or a bad employee but this place has taught me otherwise. They lie they work you to the ground and want more. They say Monday to Friday but they want 7 days a week and they’ll tell you after you’re hired. They are not family oriented most people here have problems at home bc of how much this place makes them work. This is the worst job I’ve ever had. STAY AWAY. They do not care about their employees at all.

Terrible place to work

You get treated unfairly and like garbage I would never work there again and I wouldn't never wish for anyone to work there you don't get paid I worked the almost a year and worked hard and never got a raise when there is supposed to be a raise after 30 days I would not recommend working there

Loved working with clients

A lot of backstabbing among co-workers. Some management pitted clients against others. Clients in treatment were yelled at by managers during work shift. Some managers slept during work.

Pros

Able to provide 1:1 with clients

Cons

Management was not looking out for workers

Disconnect

Horrible disconnect between upper management and staff. They had no idea what was going on in the trenches day to day. Felt like they don’t care about their employees at all. Lots of turnover including management. Not much support. Coworkers were cool, kind of like we all are hostages banding together.

Terrible company

They lie to you telling you how much you will make. They don’t tell you before hiring you that once you go thru training and go out on your own you might not make it so they will force you out. This is 100% commission no sales no money. They control your leads so they can starve you out by not giving you leads to sell. You can’t collect unemployment they won’t lay you off so your forced to quit and get another job.

The most enjoyable part of the job

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with a diverse group of individuals with different skills and backgrounds. This allows me to share my skills and learn from others.

Drive to the Job, finish the job, go home.

All installs are done in one day. Most are fair in terms of the amount of work. The employees overall are great to work with. Most of management is good and reasonable to work with. Leads get company trucks and all other installers drive their personal vehicles to the job each day (no stopping in at the office). Jobs can be good when you get along with your coworkers and you all know what you're doing. You can get done early and be paid a full day. In the summertime busy season you will be strongly encouraged to volunteer your weekends and personal days to work. In the slow season (rest of the year) you will have a part-time job at best (15-30 hours a week).

Don't waste your time there.

Don't waste your time there,worst company ever worked for.you will be one and done! Expect you to dedicate your life to them for no rewards, underpaid techs miserable working culture environment most techs are unsatisfied

Great Community Work

Been here for 1 1/2 years so far it’s been good. Good people, learning a lot, good pay, good benefits, great friends. Good boss, year round work available.

Alot of smoke and mirrors hiding the true story of the company

When I was first hired this company sounded like heaven and in the very beginning they did make sure it looked good. Once your ride along time is over and they finally find a company vehicle for you that is it, now you start to see what really happens. As a drain tech you are required to run 5 calls a day which doesn't sound bad but the problem is that the drive time between calls could be 2 hours or more. That is not always the case but it will happen more often than not. I had An amazing department of guys and a great department manager but the higher ups above that don't care about the employees all they are concerned about is the dollar. The will use you up so burn you out and not care. I was promised a sign on bonus when I was hired and was. Supposed to receive the second half of the money on my completion of the first year but the found the most petty reason to fire me 1 day before my year anniversary so they didn't have to give it to me. I was totally blind sided. I never complained about anything while working here and always covered shifts when needed and they pulled this out of nowhere. I wouldn't recommend anyone work here or use them for their services they charge at least double or more for simple plumbing work. It amazes me how they get people to pay what they charge. Just my opinion of course find out for yourself if you dare

Okay

A small company so they weren’t able to offer many hours, the boss was nice the people in the office were nice people themselves although they always had an attitude for some reason

Okay Place to work.....

Not the best work/life balance. Can be long shifts. Must be able to handle irate customers daily. Upper management didn't care about the employee just what they could get from them (how many weekends or late shifts).

Love Horizon

Horizon is a wonderful place to work if you have a family in need to juggle work and family life. They put family first. It is a fun place to work and they compensate you for a job well done

Very nice place to work for

Very nice place to work for, very good people to work around, competitive hrs and pay rate, when to a different company with a better position and pay after

great place to work

very family oriented/ staff very pleasant/ great choices for residents/ i was comfortable going to management for all my needs.teamwork was great. no major complaints

This is my company

I own this company. I was able to learn a lot about safety and implementation of safety protocols, etc. I am very proud of my time working as a safety consultant.

Do not work for this company ever, especially in marketing

The management at this company is horrible. Especially the marketing department. VP is a passive aggressive Mean Girl who will micro-manage everything while having no education in the marketing field herself but is intimidated by employees who do. Open concept office space with no privacy or place to work/make a quiet call. They have ZERO loyalty to their employees and think adding a popcorn machine to the company break room is incentive enough for you to be treated like dirt. RUN, not walk, away from any position offered to you by this company. Work place culture is TOXIC. They expect you to sell your soul for sub-standard wages, benefits, and terrible management. It's no longer the family run business that it used to be.

Customer/collections

very relaxed atmosphere but management was not their strong point. the i enjoyed most was learning how the collection process worked.also learned about how the collection process worked for large companies as well.

Good Pay Good Benifits

Too focused on sales instead of repairs. Pushy sales techs. Long hours, Top Quality installs. High prices of repairs force the sale of Replacements. Rather work for a lower paying company that focuses on customers best intrest.

Pros

Top Pay and Benifits

Cons

Long hours no family time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Horizon Services