Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews

Showing all 9,894 reviews

Nice place to work

Best place to work.If u have chance to work with Hyatt please go for it. This company has very fast growing opportunity if we have talent.management looks people talent and hard work they offer a upper position.

Pros

Cons

More time we need to work bcoz to make guest happy.there is no issuse in that

Okay place to work

Manager is understanding and fair. Great coworkers who will help you learn all the setups as most of them have been there for many years. Setting up the rooms are easy and repetitive, we usually finished early. Not a stressful job at all.

Pros

Benefits, family oriented environment

Cons

Not full time every week. There are some slow times throughout the year.

Loved every moment of it

I worked for 6 months on a working visa loved every minute of it be yourself and be professional at all times as there can be many celebrities in at the same time

Pros

Staff were friendly and free lunches

Cons

if you do your job no one mess with you

depending on who is or will be your assistant manager the job is great, there are the one that like to micromanage and control and disrespect because they feel superior and think they can humiliate you in front of peers or customer this will happens in rare situation when a manager does not have self control. over all if you are positive the day can be happy always. I missed friendly nice people to work alone with.

Pros

Free lunch, Free and 50% off on hotels and food any hyatt hotels

Cons

stress out at times when new Manager show up & new customer who never been in hotels

Worst place ever.

Worst work place I’ve ever had to work at, management does their job so poorly that they even hide HR complaints against one specific employee who continues to harass their new employees.

Pros

None.

Cons

Treated unfairly, poor communication, untrustworthy management, unprofessional, dirty.

Hyatt

Working at this franchise hotel was ok, but once Covid hit, company laid me off, but promoted my relief night auditor to do my job. I spent a lot of time explaining to the person that worked my job how to complete the job. GM told this person to call me for all the needed job requirements, all unpaid

Pros

Cons

Management company Too cheap, hotel falling apart - less than 1 year after opening

Worked there for 10 years

Company leadership is not good They move very slowThey only promote people who come up through ops (including into corporate roles they're not remotely qualified for)

Pros

12 free nights

Cons

lack of management

They work with your schedule

Was able to request days off I needed. Managers were ok. Supervisors were OK. Some days are really busy. Some days are slow. If you don't like customer service, job not for you.

Pros

Hotel discount

Best place ever worked

great place to work, high pay, benefits were fantastic, caring staff and great cowokers. Beautiful hotel and free paid lunch where i worked. i would def recommend. I may go back in the future (i moved) but it was the best place i worked in my 30yrs of working

Great job if you like hospitality

It was a cool place to work. Being a bellman you got great tips, you are the first person anyone sees coming through the door so every balanced out. Management was cool when it comes to scheduling.

Jobs at Hyatt

See more jobs

Low pay, lack if communication between management

Low pay, hard to get time off, have to adhere to a strict schedule. I would not recommend as a long-term job. You get a lot of push back from customers on things that are out of your control.

The people are great!

I worked at Hyatt for 27 years. I worked in all kinds of hotels from resorts to commercial to convention to airport hotels. Every experience I had was a great one. Without exception my satisfaction is due to the management of the organization and the people that I worked with.

Good People, Great Management, Not so good Pay

I worked with a wonderful team that was very supportive, but we were pretty understaffed. Picked up extra shifts, which I was grateful for. Did a lot of kitchen work, housekeeping, bar, pool, and front desk. Definitely underpaid for the amount of work done. Benefits aren't that great either.

Pros

Great team

Cons

benefits not too great, low pay

A great place to work, even during the pandemic.

At first, I had my reservations about this place but now I see that they were completely unfounded.My immediate boss is very knowledgeable, professional and polite, he respects my opinion and never questions my motives, the general manager of the hotel and the assistant Gm are both very nice, professional people. Overall, I'd say we have a great team and, even though the pandemic definitely made things much more difficult, we're still able to provide utmost service to our guests, whether the budget allows us to do so or not. We persevere! Again, I've only been employed here for a month or so but, so far, I really don't have much to complain about, other than an occasional budgetary issue, caused by the pandemic.The only major con is the fact that there is little to no growth opportunity at my current place of work, then again, the company I work for manager 60 hotels and I believe they will find an appropriate place for me once I outgrow this one.

Pros

Work environment, team

Cons

Small budget doesn't allow overtime, lack of accountability in certain cases.

Ok place to work.

There is no management. The people do whatever they want, with no consequences. But if your a Supervisor, you can't do your job, cause management are on there side, and they are right, you are wrong to address anything they have done wrong. They tell you to fix what the person has done wrong.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Management, Hr, any Higher Ups

Excellent learning environment

Only left for better opportunities at the time.Would highly recommend for anyone wishing to work, develop and grow with some of the most talented within the hospitality industry,

It is a very good place to work. Have fun always. Very polite colleague. All staf r very friendly. Thanks for hyatt member who always supported me..

It is very great full work place. And each n every department is a very lovely. Who wants to join they can join with hyatt family.provite good food..

Another job

Advancement opportunities are limited, wages were really low for the amount of work. It’s like you are punished for doing a good job. No learning opportunities.

Great place tow work

Great place to work. Everyone is pretty much familyIt’s a union job so the benefits are good. Potential for growth. You get free nights as an employee if the hotel has availability

Pros

Pay is good

If you like being over worked and over looked look no further

They have a lot of favoritism if you have an illness or have a family good luck ever moving up you’ll get over looked even though you may be more qualified than others they don’t take into account how long you’ve been with the company the amount of people you’ve trained or the fact that when they promote someone you who they have looked over “again” guess what gets to train this new person for the role they wouldn’t give you even though you already were doing the job. I forgot to mention that even when they do open positions they already have in mind who it’s for and once “they’ve made their pick” on who gets the promotion they straight tell you well the position was posted specifically for this person that got chosen? So then why even post the position why not just promote the person why make it seem like a certain position was open to every and anyone when it actually was not! Just saying think about it the benefits are good though but not much else they’ll over work you when it’s busy and when it slows down you who they’ve been working tirelessly during busy season will be the first to lose all your hours and be lucky to even get two days of work without being let out early at that.

Pros

Good benefits free room stays

Cons

Over looked, they have there plans already

Not a lot of work life balance

It’s a love/ hate relationship here. It really just depends on your management staff. Calling in sick is nearly impossible. I’ve definitely been sick at work and a co worker who had the flu and took breaks to throw up in the trash can in the back room. If someone has seniority over you forget about getting any holidays off. They always get first pick. That being said, if you’re in management you get free hotel nights which is awesome. Also, lunch is provided.

Pros

Free lunch, possible hotel stays

Cons

Work life balance, hard to call out if need be

4,771