Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Hotel Manager

We care for people so they are at best. Good management, caring people, and helpful people, company mission and goal are are well focused and reviewed timely.
Pros
straight shifts
Cons
non
Hyatt Hotels deeply cares for their employees with extensive training, surveys and one on one meetings. The goal of the company is to enjoy life every day. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for HYATT, they had an amazing member awards program for our guests, which made them enjoy staying at our properties and interacting with our staff. Working in Management was a great opportunity to learn and grow. Highly recommend!
Working for Hyatt was the most amazing experience I ever had . The company culture / support / world wide . Unfortunately my position was eliminated . My director at the time did everything to find me a job . It was sad to leave such an AmaIng group .
Check ins always busy lots of turn down service. Processing paperwork making reservations. Setting up VIP files on arriving guest. Meeting with other department heads to better serve guests.
- Most of the times buys. - I learned from the Hyatt , Basic of the Hospitality Guest Relation and Services ,Sale department, Housekeeping department , Back Office, F&B Operation, Front Desk, Maintenance Basic training. -Most of the time hardest part of the job Special events (Game days, Company's meeting) , Checking in/out, Maintenance problems, Breakfast, Sale Operations (Marketing), -I like the experience of the Hyatt meeting with the many different cultures.
Long hours, but worth it. This place becomes your home away from home. They are extended family. Depending on the role you are in the schedule is unpredictable. During the busy seasons you will work long hours (50+ sometimes).
Pros
Free lunch, free/discount hotel stays, discount restaurant
Cons
long hours, unpredictable schedule
Hyatt is a great company to work for. Once you start making your way into management, the hours start to consume you and it gets difficult to manage work with home life. The benefits make it all worth it to work here.
Pros
Comp rooms world wide and other great benefits
Cons
Overworking managers
I have been in the Hotel Industry for many years, this has been my career, it has provided many challenges and great opportunities in the negative and positive way none the less it has been a great job experience for the passed 35 years
Pros
Working with people at all levels
Cons
Working Hours
My first experience in a Job field ,I was work base learning with my High School to become a Hotel Manager. It was fun working with my customers and my supervisors.
Great Time in my home city. very busy hotel with difficult operations.
As a Hotel Manager i was fully incharge of all the aspects of the Hotel operations, revenues and expenses. Our Hotel was the finest in East Africa and the Hob where most of the VIP's visits and the major conference take place, I was leading a team of international and locale executive and manager to acheive our targets,
Excellent tools provided to perform job duties. Excellent training programs to increase job knowledge. Staffing levels can be challenging with little assistance. Culture is excellent with hard working individuals at each property.
Pros
Free Lunches, co-workers, culture
Cons
Work life balance
Typical Day as a Hotel Sales Manager:- Negotiate Contracts.- Client Relationships.- Manage and help others grow both professionally and individually.- Project management.- Forecasting- Respond to Request for ProposalsHardest part of the job:- Forecasting/budgetingMost enjoyable part of the job- Working in a team environment- Meeting new people
Pros
people, clients, meals, free hotel rooms anywhere i go.
Cons
commute.