Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Server

Found 325 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,877 reviews

Competitive but enjoyable experience and fast paced

Working in Hyatt as a starter to the career was very challenging. It was definitely an enjoyable experience due to the work place and the colleagues. A different experience from what you learn in the hotel mgmt. course and real work in the restaurant. The fast paced environment and the work culture moulds you to be tough and get equipped with the knowledge required to pursue your career in the hospitality sector.

Pros

incentives, knowledge

Cons

long hours of work

Average to young working class

Its nice to work but the management isnt what young people wld relish to work on develope i was enjoying working there until my contract wasnt resign for personal reason with one of the manager on i still havent recover from that job lost

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short break

Stressful but fun

You get to work with very different people of different age and see what is happening in the back of the perfect service given to people attending wedding . You experience how tiring it is to earn in the f&b industry and that we should appreciate those who serve us with no hesitation even when if they have been scolded at or working for long hours .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours and hardly any break

Fun work place in pool bar and roomservice both are different experience

I started to work in hyatt as a laundry department, then I take a chance to learn and trained in room service department after I got transept in pool bar as a waiter after two years I asked to give a chance to room service then I got room service as a waiter.

Pros

Crossroads

Cons

10hrs

Fun workplace, good coworkers

A good company to work for, with great benefits, great management and friendly coworkers. A company who is providing a lot of extra work activities for the employees and their family.

a day at hyatt

working with Hyatt is a wonderful experience and worth valuable . i learned a various thing like customer handling maintaining OE ( operational equipment ) helping my supervisor. etc. management is quit helpful and gives expo user to new things . the make sure that the working environment is lite fun loving and stress free . the hardest part of the job is waiting extra hours while doing break shift due to work commitments . and the most enjoyable movement of my job is the Sunday brunch as we have a different atmosphere then the regular day and the working style also becomes little casual and more relaxing then the regular days

Pros

get 8 off a month and a have staff discount whenever and wherever we saty and dine at hyatt property

Decent for part-time work

Busy and high-paced work environment during meal service. Can be hard to manage at times especially given the typical clientele. However it teaches a committed individual to manage customers and provide good service even when under pressure.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Exhausting

decent

Very early hours for breakfast employees because of hotel setting. Consistent above average pay. Provided lunch daily. Great benefits and vacation time.

work at brekasfat buffet

I learn to be a better person ,is work as a team ,all togetter, nice meat new people ,others countys to have nice magers on charge,feel happy there.

Pros

not

Cons

not always

Great team, poor management

My experience at Hyatt was great the first few years and was the perfect environment for creativity and learning, but this had declined as management changed and I felt the talent management within the business was very poor; concerned only with people who could talk the talk and not with those who walk the walk (who are normally the better side of the work force). Progression was difficult as the recruitment culture became 'find fresh eyes' as opposed to 'promote within' which is a shame because there was a number of extremely talented people already working there who already knew the business and how to improve it. Overall it was a good place to work in terms of money, some benefits but has now become a place where you plod along with no real passion for advancement.

Pros

Free food, subsisdised parking / late travel

Cons

Long hours, difficult to progress

Jobs at Hyatt

Server positions
See more jobs

Fun place to work and grow

opening and closing shift. Handling the cash Management is really supportive Culture is like a family where they care for each other. To handle guest complaint is the hardest part When you see a smile on a customer because of your service is the most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Grocery Voucher every quater

Cons

Limited Salary

Hyatt was my first job a a large corporation.

I learned a lot about working in a corporate environment at Hyatt. I was successful in maintaining professionalism in a high-volume customer service environment. Among all of the restaurants I have worked for, I miss this job the most.

Pros

I worked with one of the best managers I've ever met here.

Cons

Lack of support staff.

Management sucks

All new management that's are not qualified and don't know what they are doing. Lots of work and no help at all. No team to support you. Only one cook most days food takes forever and no help.

Pros

Free food

Cons

A lot of work no help.

Benefits with free stay at other locations

Good place to work. They make employees feel like home and all employees are a family. Everybody cares of others. Management care about employees schedules and they are so helpful.

Nice place to work

It is a nice place to work if you know how to work they need to focus in help people that working really hard some people don't like to do there job and is very hard for those the work hard , management is very nice sometime to nice.

Excellent work envirenmnt

I really loved working in Hyatt company, too much care

Pros

training

Good experience

It is a good experience working in Grand Hyatt Hotel. I learn a lot of basic waiter skill in there. In Grand Hyatt Hotel, the hardest part is carry a lot of dishes.

Good company to work for

good company to work for have plenty of growth opportunity. Friendly environment, helpful management a lot to learn every day. Very talented seniors to work with

Fun and high energy job in hospitality services.

Working in the hotel and restaurant business was extremely fun and rewarding which taught me the gratification of teamwork and common goals in providing excellent service and hospitality to our guests. It was a great opportunity to work with great team members and develop the commeraderie one would receive from a close knit family.

Pros

Commeraderie and great compensation and benefits, Great excercise and ability to provide good food and beverage service in a fun environment.

Cons

Working holidays.

Productive and fun workplace

It was a casual job, but I enjoyed it a great deal. I had fun working as a waitress in Hyatt Hotel. And I learnt a lot about jobs in hospitality and customer service.

work and Achieve

I am Nurbek I've joined to Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi 10.11.2015 as a waiter since that time I've really enjoyed my time working for Hyatt and as well as I have achieved new skills well developed myself and found lots of friends .

Pros

food& beverage provided was quite good

Cons

in high season time we've done extra hours

4,765
2,724
1,437

Compare Hyatt with

• Hyatt
  • Server
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?