Hyatt logo
Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Server

Found 325 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,819 reviews

Competitive but enjoyable experience and fast paced

Working in Hyatt as a starter to the career was very challenging. It was definitely an enjoyable experience due to the work place and the colleagues. A different experience from what you learn in the hotel mgmt. course and real work in the restaurant. The fast paced environment and the work culture moulds you to be tough and get equipped with the knowledge required to pursue your career in the hospitality sector.

Pros

incentives, knowledge

Cons

long hours of work

I really enjoyed my days in hyatt more activities i encounter as a server

As a server in hyatt regency I experience a lot of seminars and training how to became a good person and good employee. Like to handle guest complain proper phone call.

Normal hotel

Just a normal hotel, nothing special. Just work with them in a short period

Luxury standards

Firstly I am to pleasure work with Hyatt and I been a favor Waiter for regular guest.secondly i have learned to handle different sort of guest . The management providing us great liberty and monthly 8 week of providing.

Pros

Free transportation

Cons

Uniform not satisfied

Workers Work

Management doesnt help, but workers work hard and are very knowledgeable. been here many years, many different managers. new managers never talk to current workers about how things are done. they just come in and make new things trying to save money. but stressing the workers out and less efficient cause they dont do the labor part.

Pros

co workers

Cons

no help

Fun workplace

It’s a great environment but some of the managers needs to be evaluated. The benefits and employee discounts are great. Hours are great as well, it’s a wonderful experience.

it was a good place to work for I did stay to long because I started to work for other resorts and they were full time jobs staff was good and management were great.

Pros

i dont really remenber but it was a good job

Cons

i didnt work their long enought to make real good friend.

Fun work place with equality committee

Is a really good company to work and to learn about others cultures, respect everyone and aour team is the ting must impoortant that we can have inside the company. They always praised for our physical and mental health.

Pros

Free courses

Cons

Sometimes we worked more than 9 hours per day

General Serving Position

Basic server position working on a pool deck. Multiple customer interaction. Long hours working outside, with no time for breaks. Typical day is from open until sunset.

Professional

Strong work ethic encouraged and displayed. Management present at all times. Quick paced environment. Great food. Offers partial matching of 401k. Allows for a very flexible schedule.

Pros

Employee events

Cons

Can't move up on the list, Seniority based instead of a balance of work performance and availability

Jobs at Hyatt

Server positions
See more jobs

Beautiful hotel

Fast paced hotel. Strong professional standards are a must and very present. Wages are competitive with neighboring hotels. Nice place to work but close to impossible to move up in this department.

Pros

Great food, great pay. Nice people.

Cons

Close to impossible to move up in the department unless people quit, retire or get fired.

Very postive work environment

Hyatt Regency Guam a very professional company Uniforms provided Training and monitoring of every staff member assuring that 100% customer service was always provided to all every customer within the compound All friendly smiles and postive place

Pros

Free lunches uniforms

Cons

Must ve able to work under pressure and must be flexible

Very great company

Loved working for this company. It really holds its reputation as one of the best hotels. They provide you a full set uniform and alteration. And they also have a gym just for employees and a place you can sleep in at the break room. They treat their staff great. I wish I didn't leave but it was a great experience.

I love working with Hyatt

Alothugh ive been a casual from my starting time there and I don’t receive vacay benefits or sick time or anything I still very much love being there there is a lot of opportunities and job growth with Hyatt and room discounts are a bonus as well!

Pros

Opportunity

Great

Great place to work at, been with the company for many years now. Don't see myself leaving anytime soon. Would really really really really recommend this job.

Fun place to work

Working at Park Hyatt Washington DC was a pleasure. All my team was very successful at everything have been doing. Management is excellent. I will be missing my job.

Pros

Paid Vacation, Discount on rooms.

Cons

Long Hours

best place to work

bedt place to go and dine, staffs are super friendly and very helpful, specially when you on training, the entire staff help you with every shores to succeed

This was A Great Job

This was the best job I ever had the Management the staff were the best you could have. The work place culture the best. Would have never left if my job was not eliminated.

Pros

Cons

Elimination reoganization of department

Great employers - they truly care about their staff and customers

- Perfect job for someone looking for extra income only on weekends - A fast-paced environment - requires high energy - Management is fantastic - a husband and wife team that are very invested and care about their business and its reputation - The hardest part of the job is the legwork - The most enjoyable part of the job are the customers that come into the restaurant on the regular - this is hands-down the best part of my weekend.

It is always so busy but fun.

A typical day at work consists of constant moving around; from serving guests to cleaning your work area, going room to room for room service and opening and closing to prepare for next shift. Working there taught me to be more patient with my coworkers and customers, fully energized for the work day, and it also made me more comfortable with talking more to my coworkers and customers. Management is very supportive; always willing to give a helping hand. Hyatt is the most family-friendly hotel I have ever worked at. Everyone is so nice, caring, and loving. The hardest part about my job were the long hours. Sometimes leaving home by 6:20 am to get to work by 6:45 am to prepare myself for the morning shift only to find out that someone called in sick for the later shift and I need to be the one to stay back. The long hours were killer but, the extra money was always good. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing customers walk out satisfied and happy and then seeing them come back again. Seeing that myself and my coworkers all got along was the best part of all.

Benefits

Cons

Long and exhausting hours

Hardest part of the job

The hardest part of the job is that you actually do not know what your walking into when you come in to work for the day either it can be a very smooth work day or a stressful day where nothing is prepared or in order for the particular event that is going on or theirs a lack of communication going on between management and servers

Pros

Free Food, discount specials, smoke breaks or 5 minute breaks

Cons

Hours vary every week

4,740