Hyatt logo
Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Server

Found 325 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,819 reviews

Competitive but enjoyable experience and fast paced

Working in Hyatt as a starter to the career was very challenging. It was definitely an enjoyable experience due to the work place and the colleagues. A different experience from what you learn in the hotel mgmt. course and real work in the restaurant. The fast paced environment and the work culture moulds you to be tough and get equipped with the knowledge required to pursue your career in the hospitality sector.

Pros

incentives, knowledge

Cons

long hours of work

Run!

They cut your hours/days down during slow periods, and then tell you that you need to meet your 30 hours a week to keep your insurance? Um hello.... I wouldn't need to make up my hours, if you didn't scam us on hours during slow periods. Looking for some other company ASAP to work for.

Pros

Discount rooms

Cons

Inconsistancy, Managers play favorites, Turn every situation around to make it see like it was your fault.

Server/Bartender

A typical work day with the Hyatt. I was a waiter mostly. Guest service was the number one priority. I up-selled using suggestive ideas. Made reccomondations on food and drink.

Pros

Tips were great

Cons

A fast paced and moving environment

The first day of working at Grand Hyatt, I didn’t know what to expect and hence very nervous and tend to be very forgetful at times. But after a fee times working there, i find myself slowly but surely getting used to the work environment there and started to be more calm and less forgetful.

Pros

Gain knowledge and experience about customer services

Cons

Tiring long hours

Hyatt is one of the best places i had worked in. staffs as well as managers are all friendly in nature and makes a helping environment around all.

I worked 12 hours a day where i get vacant in Monday ,Wednesday and Friday.I have learned many skills such as handling customers, serving foods and drinks.i had worked as a waiter. The environment around there was too friendly and i really enjoy working there.

Pros

making new friends

Working at The Haytt Regency in Dearborn in 2003

I really enjoyed my job at the Haytt, I learned a lot about customer service also psychology, my management team was outstanding, and almost every day at work was great! the guest were kind and respectful, depending on the kind of conference we were holding.

Pros

Meeting alot of interesting people.

Cons

Having to work on Holidays.

Fun place to work with many opportunities

I worked as a seasonal/on call poolside server/bartender at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort. I still am currently employed as an on call employee. I worked outside by the pools, it was a lot of fun, it was mostly slow paced but could get busy during the summer hours. There is a lot of opportunities working for this company which I liked a lot.

Death restaurant

We used to served the pretheater meals for the ICC but due to the opening of new restaurants the Aria restaurant just died, headchef by the time lack of ideas for new menus and ineficient in the kitchen only capable of doing banketing.

productive place

nice place where to work i ve been working there for 9 year i can tell that i enjoy every single minute with my coworkers and managers ,we have a lot fun

Great place to work if your expectations for advancement is low

Hyatt is a great company to work for unless you're trying to advance within your own department. I've been at Hyatt for 9 nine years and applied for an upper level position in my department twice and was denied. I've won many awards, have many years of upper level management experience, but they want me to leave the department and return to achieve any level of advancement. Makes no seance.

Pros

Great benifits

Cons

Advancement in Food and Beverage next to impossible

Jobs at Hyatt

Server positions
See more jobs

-It's been 7 years since I was working in Hyatt, but I did not forget the good atmosphere that was present every day. Fun plus a job is a winning combination and Hyatt is definitely in possession. -I learned about the history of alcoholic drinks, I went to wine training, taught hotel standards and service sequence. -The best, extraordinary people who are always there to help you whatever you need. -Team spirit, decent and honest work. -Polishing accessories. -polishing accessories with colleagues.

Fast paced workplace

I enjoyed working in the restaurant on busy days. I would chit chat with customers and tell them all about the area, places to see and visit. My co-workers for the most part made the job doable.

Pros

Discounted food

Cons

Being the only server by yourself can be very difficult

my first work place

my first work place always in my heart. very reach company operation was always busy, i was remember always the management they do party with a lot of gifts. very good company.

fun and friendly

we are working 9 hrs in a day. Accomodation is nice and also staff are good they are all greetfull they always say hi hello to everybody. workplace is very good safety is all perfect.

work with maximum effort to provide a luxurious service to customers

Work timings are provided well, as they are balanced with the breaks. Maximum effort must be used, as a role model for co-workers, and to provide a luxurious service to customers. Even though working with people, who are having communication problems, even if they are in management, can be dealt with, by having a lot of patience to take time to listen and have understanding. Working environment, and uniforms very well designed, for the comfort of workers to move around and do their work. The most difficult part of the job, was dealing with customers, whom are difficult to please. The most enjoyable part of the job, was having the customers served to the very last extent of their satisfaction, and seeing them give an appreciating smile.

Pros

free meals during breaks

Cons

Long working hours

Stressful place to work

very stressful place to work because a lot of the time you're left to fend for yourself. The managers hardly ever come around,and when they do its for a very short period of time.

Fun workplace

good place to work, fun place to work, can learn a lot, good scope in this industry, friendly environment, you can meet new people from different countries

Pros

you can learn a lot

Cons

travel

Bad time to be with Hyatt

I have been with Hyatt for 10 years and now they sold the property to franchises and its been going downhill. it's not the best time to be with that company.

Pros

Free Health benifit

Cons

Hiring on Call instead of regular staff.

very intense with familly like admosfere

it was ago place for me and my future on goin long hours staring with b fast, lunch there after coffee brake reception and dinner a fun day with a good pay.

Can handle the service area.

Work on any place with any condition by fulfilling the guest demand . Focuse on gueat and fulfill their demand to incress the reputation on comapny amd help to incress the profit of comapny

Pros

Lunch and dinner free

Cons

Full time

Its a great place to work. One can get huge knowledge & great support from the management to develop them self along with the organization. Quality matter in this organization

4,740