Hyatt logo
Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 44 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,819 reviews

Productive , lot to learn and fun to work

Learning new cooking skill and experience the colleagues skill share , it鈥檚 all worth being in the companySharing ideas and implementing new menu, every individual has room to doIt鈥檚 all depends upon the executive of the each and individual departments headI believe I had that opportunity in my tenure

Pros

Benefits, free lunch, and culture

Cons

Long hours, less hourly pay

Yes it鈥檚 fun to work at Hyatt and I like it

Over all it鈥檚 all good, the company,the management and staff as well as the employees are very fun to work with. The only thing that i don鈥檛 like is that our chief engineer allowed us to worked in graveyard even do we鈥檙e supposed to be working on day time only.

Pros

Free uniforms and free lunch and snacks

Cons

Working on graveyard the worst thing I don鈥檛 like

After I trained in 6 department sites they layed me off

Basically the management decisions are based on favorite people and racist and prejudices on my ethnicity and I have more experiences than all the people I work with and I know 100% more than them when it comes to my city's business and hospitality

Pros

Rooms stays

Cons

Manager

Stressful company for building a career

Hyatt Regency Calgary became an average place to work for unless key management likes you. Benefits are great and you can get promoted from within but your salary will be less competetive than outside. Stressful environment came from some top leaders who only cared about the hotel's finances and not the staff's wellbeing.

Pros

Great employee programs from corporate office

Cons

Programs executed by local leaders in careless way

Poor work environment

Unfair treatment to new staff. Senior staffs are lazy, they only love to gossip rather than to work, they pick up all the easy works to do and leave behind the ugly ones to new staffs. Poor training and rude environment.

Hard work for nice hotel

Salary employees can expect to work more than 40 hours a week. The colleague team is great to work with and the hotel is beautiful. Great central location

Basic food preparation under a more experienced chef

Good working conditions. Fast paced environment. Was shown what they wanted me to do then I was left on my own to do it. They have a great program for feeding staff during breaks.

Very poorly managed or lack of...

I worked at Hyatt airport Calgary for a short time. Completely understaffed and expected to cover all positions when I was hired directly for maintenance. Lobby's and elevators very dirty with no daytime housekeeping, only partial bedding changed for guests in fact some linens went back up to floors still dirty. Avoid this place at all cost ! I now work for a reputable and well focused Hotel chain and would never go back to work for Hyatt after this experience.

productive and fun workplace

good benefits, management needs improvement, employees are nice, warm and welcoming. Current management cares less about employees. Meals and uniform included

some of the chefs were great

loved working here. my department mananger didnt like me much but the chefs were always funny and looked out for each other. if I had free time and spotted one of the chefs doing something interesting I was allowed to watch and learn.

Pros

free delicious food.

very busy place, lots of fun

I was there more for my internship from schooling, great place to work, good people. Chef tests your skills and abilities, keeps ya on your toes. If I could go back there to work I would greatly accept.

Pros

very busy, chef is very helpful.

Cons

downtown, hard place to apply for.

Professional Enviroment, Amazing Staff

I loved working at this hotel and the professional environment I was surrounded by. The staff was great to work with and I learned a lot about the tourism industry.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Werid Hours

Great place for work

Excelnte lugar para trabajar, excelente equipo de trabajo, y mejor experiencia de vida

Cons

MUCHO FRIO

Great place to work for a few years

The job an be fulfilling but the pressure to meet sales targets and the consequences of not doing so feels like a stressful pressure cooker-like atmosphere. Most people work 2-3 years in Sales & Events without a promotion. They over-emphasize the quality and treatment of their guests but fail to extend the same to their staff behind the scenes.

busy place to work

- great job, with minimal benefits - can be inconsistent with hours depending on where you work - open door policy - accepting of other people/religions/cultures/languages

Pros

free lunches

Cons

unstable hours

Great workplace that makes you feel like your in a family

I have worked at Hyatt for 12 years, and I can say that I have grown so close with my co-workers. The over-all atmosphere is inviting and it really allows me to be the best individual I can be for the guests.

Pros

Free lunch, Medical benefits

Cons

Slow seasons

Fast paced,efficient,organized,a great place to work at!

I did dishes,ran up and down stairs and took the elevator,tore down events,stayed really late due too other dishwashers not being able too complete their jobs.Nice people worked there,hardest part was doing the day dishwashers job almost every day we showed up there.The best part was being able learn that type of job(stewarding etc)and we were able to eat almost every night,cooks would make an insane amount of food for all the staff!

Pros

Free food and nice people

Cons

Doing others work that they couldnt complete on a regular basis

Great environment!

Management makes this a wonderful, caring environment that is still fun and exciting. The days work is generally predictable and doesn't get too overwhelming.

Knowledge and time management

Working with Hyatt Infiniti gives me knowledge and teach me how to detail the car in the standard way. Time management is one of the hardest part job.

Pros

Salary base and paid vacation

Cons

Decision making of the management

Too long ago

Worked in the basement sales office. Had a good team and growing in the role. Laid off in 2008 but no hard feelings. New team there so don't know the environment.

Decent hotel, corporate attitude

Good hotel, easy to gain good working relationships with coworkers but can be quite impersonal when it comes to management or head office. Work smart, plan ahead and you can rise easily through the chaff

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Very corporate feeling, impersonal

4,740