Hyatt logo
Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,819 reviews

Hyatt Hotel

I worked there in late 1990's staff helpful and friendly and was fantastic place to work. Nice experience. Would highly recommend to anyone seeking work.

Pros

Free lunch i think or discounts

Cons

No more longer than average job.

don’t work Here!!!

They say it is **** hotel but.... management ?? Staff??AVOID TO WORK HEREALSO, “breaks” well.. if you can call that a “break” you don’t even sit down

Cons

Long hours, Awful management, avoid to work here

Good and fun environment to work

At Hyatt you become part of the family Work as a team, management’s are fabulous people to work with and they are always there for you at times of need

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Good hours

Hmm

Was working in room service area and feel stressful as they were lack of staff before. It is quite chilling to work there sometimes (when is not busy). It was still stressful when there is only one person on shift but crazy phone ordering.

Lovely people to work with

The team are like a family but alot expected from the team with alot of pressure. The best part was the community and the friendships you build whilst there

Good Hotel but hard work

A great hotel and company, but hard work as on a tight budget. Great clientele who want good service delivered at good value for money. Scope to develop your career, but work life balance was not right at time

Workplace

When I first started in 2000, it was a great place to work, Salary for Job is not the best but it was a job. I have seen several Management changes but the current Management are not the best. I had handed my notice in but left early due to lack of help from the management, I left a week early, I would not recommend anyone to work there with the current management

Waiter

I enjoyed working here on a temporary basis during the Conservative Conference. It was a good experience and they were all very hard working as they made sure they delivered excellent service.

working hours

lovely environment to work in and people are nice and co-operative. The buffet was amazing with so much choice, something for everyone. We had a club lounge room with a fantastic view and we were able to be allocated the room I had requested which I appreciated a lot. Check in staff quick, helpful, friendly and efficient.

Good company, staff turnover quite poor

I was at Hyatt for a number of years and went through a lot with my kitchen team but the overall management of the Birmingham branch kitchen wise was not excellent and had a negative impact on the overall running of the kitchen.

brilliant company

five stars for this company workload could be anything and everything literally. management really cared for their staff. the hardest part of this job was climbing the ladder. the most enjoyable part was meeting stars and famous people.

Pros

company benefits

Cons

tight uniform

Great student job

It was a very flexible student job. Learnt so much about hotel management and guest services. Met many international guests and some high profile ones.

Good work experience

I would never recommend this company to work for. Very bad management . They don’t have respect for the staff. Housekeeping department is the worst one.

Death restaurant

We used to served the pretheater meals for the ICC but due to the opening of new restaurants the Aria restaurant just died, headchef by the time lack of ideas for new menus and ineficient in the kitchen only capable of doing banketing.

Friendly productive team

Welcoming place to work , great team work and miss working there. Overall was a great experience and if I could I would go back tomorrow . Pay was fair and nights suited me

A good place to work in terms of hospitality, good benefits and lovely teams, Management is ok, the most enjoyable are the perks of being able to have free nights as a full time employee and gather points to use the hotel's services.

The place is in a right mess

If your looking for job stability this place is not for you. The management don’t care about anyone but themselves, and make the rules up as they go along. The Human Resources team is run by a certain person that only cares about themselves, you would hope that the general manager would get a grip of the hotel but it seems this won’t happen.

Cons

No stability, managers lie, no progression, bad pay, badly run hotel

lacks management

this is a place that taught me absolutely nothing, it was just focused on making money rather than building a strong team. you work there with little support from management

Very good work place and friendly staff.

Very good work place with many friends and easy to help. Good shift work pattern and very care about the staff. High rewards for those who want to continue working and offers many benefits

Pros

Friendly and helpful friends and staff

Cons

None to me

Great team, poor management

My experience at Hyatt was great the first few years and was the perfect environment for creativity and learning, but this had declined as management changed and I felt the talent management within the business was very poor; concerned only with people who could talk the talk and not with those who walk the walk (who are normally the better side of the work force). Progression was difficult as the recruitment culture became 'find fresh eyes' as opposed to 'promote within' which is a shame because there was a number of extremely talented people already working there who already knew the business and how to improve it. Overall it was a good place to work in terms of money, some benefits but has now become a place where you plod along with no real passion for advancement.

Pros

Free food, subsisdised parking / late travel

Cons

Long hours, difficult to progress

Fun but Challenging

A really good company to work for, worked their during its most stressful period, but was still an engaging workplace. Learned how to work to a high quality

4,740