Hyatt logo
Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Denver, CO

Found 120 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,819 reviews

Good starting job

Was a decent starting job with chance to move up in the company if you're willing to relocate. Opportunities are available all over the world if you're interested.

Great Company to work for

I worked at the Hyatt for 5 years, and moved up from service bartender to lead bartender of the largest outlet within 3 years. This decision was made totally seniority because of union standards. This afforded me great pay and responsibilities I was happy to deal with. I felt like I was appreciated by my management. I never had to deal with any type of harassment from guests, as management and security were there in minutes to deal with any situation. I got this job right after graduating from college, without any bartending knowledge. They trained me completely, and had so many ways to continue education, and even move up in the company. They were very open to changes in position, if necessary. The benefits were better than any other company in the hospitality field I had seen before or since. I'm forever saddened by the fact that the COVID-19 quarantine shut down operation of our restaurant in the Downtown Denver Regency. I had worked with so many great people and loved working there. My former management and HR department are still easy to get in touch with for help with references and tax information. I would definitely work for this company again, given the opportunity.

Pros

Amazing benefits, free hotel stays, great work culture

Cons

Easily shutdown during quarantine :(

great environment

enjoy the atmosphere and my co-workers; we are fairly compensated. Management is usually respectful of its employees and tries to provide a workplace that is conducive to good attitude and production..

Pros

fairly compensated with all meals

Cons

Na

Its a job, nothing special

Basically works on on a experience, the longer your there the more opportunity for advancement. Therefore, management is totally random, some people have management experience and are good, others just worked there so long they got promoted amd have no idea what they are doing.

Pros

Free lunches

Fun workplace

Good environment for working this place and also Good management and supervisor. I really 馃挊 working this, but you have to work hard for this place. Only hard work people.

Pros

Free lunches and breakfast

Cons

Short break, Healthcare

Great starting experience

It was a good starting experience although, I didn鈥檛 feel like it was a company to necessarily grow in.... or move up within the company. I however did get a new job with a resort because the things I鈥檝e learned in hyatt and hospitality itself.

Pros

Meet new people

Cons

A lot of crime

Enjoyable work environment with opportunities for growth

Hyatt Corporation in general and Hyatt Regency Denver specifically has a diverse culture that is supportive and encouraging. More of the time than not it is a fun, positive place to work. The managers and supervisors are there to assist and support you always, not just during your shift. The benefits are amazing - quality and inexpensive Healthcare, generous vacation days and sick days, discounted and free nights at properties around the world, employee cafeteria offering food all day/night. The GM truly and genuinely cares about everyone who works there. The HR Department is on site and always there to support you as well. It's a company that encourages growth and promotion.

Pros

Positive work environment, great benefits, free food in employee cafeteria

Cons

Short lunch breaks

Best job I ever had

Great company to work for. Offers good benefits and incentives, as well as career opportunities. I worked at Hyatt Regency at Colorado Convention Center and Grand Hyatt in Downtown Denver, and both hotels have great management, excellent communication and teamwork.

Awesome

Cool job and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a entry level job with room to grow into management I really enjoyed the atmosphere around

Great place to work but sometimes union rules get in the way

I really enjoyed working for the Hyatt and I always will love this company . I feel I have gotten paid fairly at this company but....... management has a set number of hours you have to work in order for them to hit their number, if you go over, management will adjust the hours to hit their target numbers even if that means you lose hours you already worked. The Hyatt company that I worked for, spent millions of dollars revamping one of their restaurants witch turned into a disaster, If you don鈥檛 have enough time there you essentially nothing. Hyatt will do almost anything to save money as well so if an employee leaves the company and you want their position, most likely they will not open the position back up in term moving up in the company very very hard

Pros

Benefits, pay, free food for all employees

Cons

Making the employees suffer for the mistakes of the company

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?

Great Place To Work

Enjoyed working when Hyatt managed my property. Hyatt Corporation is a great company to work for with great discounts for Travel. It is difficult to find a Hyatt managed property as they franchise.

Pros

Work Life Balance

Cons

Pay

Outstanding

I love the work environment, you can learn fast and all my coworkers are helpful and friendly. The hotel is beautiful and the employees areas are comfortable

Horrible company

No communication from management or so untimely the information is useless. Supervisors lie to HR in order to cover for their bad behavior. They award people who deserve it the least.

Popular hotel centrally located in the heart of downtown Denver.

Great company to work for that offers good benefits and great perks. fun, friendly and outgoing staff, and the hotel brand offers many opportunities for personal growth.

Some great managers but mostly weak leaders

I once loved this company but as I've moved up I've become more and more disappointed. I cannot speak for all Hyatt's but the operations side of the Hyatt Regency Denver only has a handful of strong and caring managers. There are some who really want to contribute to the growth and advancement of their employees, while others are clearly not very team oriented. If you are looking to advance at this property, stay away from the housekeeping department (at least for the near future). There are one or two managers who are very knowledgable but the rest are incredibly passive aggressive and impatient. They demean and demoralize their team with a smile on their face. Some managers are only there because they come from a well respected property. Their leadership skills are futile and their scarce contributions are rarely positive. Unfortunately, if you come from a well known property you will most likely be hired.

Great Company but no room for advancement

This hotel is strict on the type of degree you have. I was hoping to transfer with this company and excel to the next level but it was required that you have an Accounting degree to move up.

Fairly busy environment without much staff

I was usually by myself learning how to operate my area without help. The company did offer free meals such as breakfast and lunch which was one incentive to keep me working at the company.

Grateful for my job

I really enjoy my job at the Hyatt. The company and culture are the best I have ever worked for. From the management to the staff the people are friendly, happy and out going. I feel seen, heard and supported by my managers and coworkers. The benefits are appreciated and seemingly excellent. I can鈥檛 wait to use vacation days and my free stays.

Great advancement opportunities

Fast paced ever changing environment with great advancement opportunities. Lot's of different positions to learn a grow with a culture of promoting from within.

Good

Staffs from GM to supervisor are so friendly , they appreciate the value of associate in respectful manners . Though I quit the job from Hyatt in 2017 June because I had to move another state due to my family reason, I missed place of that work environment . Even if I get opportunity to work for Hyatt in my favor I never say no.

Great Company

Hyatt is a great company to work for. With a will, they will train you in different fields and advance your career like to other hospitality company. They offer a great culture and benefits.

Pros

Benefits, travel, training

Cons

Must be relocated to advance quickly, every property still has its own environment that doesn鈥檛 always align with the company culture.

4,740