Hyatt logo
Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Knoxville, TN

Found 4 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,815 reviews

Coworkers are like family.

Overall I love working here. The environment is amazing and the company truly seems to care about everyone. Even during corona and being furloughed, management still checks in and makes sure you're okay. The pay could certainly be better but its not a deal breaker for me as it pretty much aligns with most other companies in the area.

Rooftop Management needs a serious overhaul

Worked here recently as a server and was very excited to see how they redid the whole rooftop, but the management they choose to run it absolutely had no experience in hospitality before because everything he made us do went against common sense for how we treat guests. If you want to make barely $200 a week, but work long hours, this is the place for you. Oh and let's not forget the required drug test that they bill you for. Mine in fact was $634. Proceed with caution.

Pros

Free tea and coffee

Cons

Everything else

Laid back work environment with great pay

Knoxville is not a large town, and many celebrities, bands, and athletes would stay at the Hyatt (now the Marriott), and our department (room service) would get to wait on them and often assist with private parties held in their rooms. Room service was responsible for bringing food and beverage items to guests hotel rooms. This job really honed my math skills since we had to make change on the spot. Management expected professionalism but encouraged having a great time at work. My co-workers were salt of the earth and we all worked together well. The hardest part of this job was bar tending. Learning all of the drinks was not my forte. It was all you could ask for in a job, physical exercise, meeting amazing people, having fun in the back of house, and the pay was outstanding.

Pros

Great pay while having fun

Cons

Had to tend bar at times

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing

Perfect Job and Company! I truly miss being a part of this company!

Pros

Excellent Managers and Team members

Cons

low compensation

4,736