Hyatt logo
Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Orlando, FL

Found 194 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,815 reviews

Open door policy/ cares for employees

I have never worked for a company who has cared about their employees like they do at the Hyatt. They have an open door policy and they work with you with whatever your circumstances may be. Everyone is so helpful and friendly. The VP and hotel manager regularly check up on the staff to see how they are doing , and they are genuinely interested. They have great benefits like 401k, medical insurance, and eye insurance

Pros

They have cookouts to show appreciation for the employees every so often

Fun work place hard work

Usually busy all time . Love to work for them . You need to be very organized and working in different outlets. Fun fun fun but hard work . High quality guest good money.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Good benefits

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Yo estoy agradecida de la oportunidad y del entrenamiento que me ofrecieron, aprendí mucho y me fui con una buena experiencia

Pros

Beneficios de seguro médico

Cons

Los horarios

Good Company to work for in terms of benefits

I wish there had been more of a work/life balance because working would take up most of my days leaving very little room for anything else. I had tried to get a daytime shift instead but they refused to work with me on that and I was stuck working nights. THe company itself has enjoyable benefits but the management at my location made it difficult to move up and progress further in the company.

Pros

Complimentary nights at hotels

Cons

Management at my location

Fun workplace but.....

Very bad Management not care what so ever for hourly employee regardless of the level of experience, no careers advancement only for those have connection with upper management, or being friend to the hiring manager, very unfair use to be fair company!

Pros

free lunch

Cons

unfair management, they play favoritism big time no matter of your level of experience

Immediate supervisors were awesome

Working in a large department meant I got to interact with a lot of different people. You learn quickly who will have your back if need be. Supervisors were great.

Pros

Free food, flexible schedule

Cons

no room for advancement

Great company

I really enjoyed my time with Hyatt. In my opinion and working with other companies, hyatt is the best company to work for. I would work for hyatt anytime if given the opportunity again.

Training how to making prep cook

I had so best training with other teams for two weeks I learned much from them and I would visit back again hope more deaf community and high school students come for training for weeks!

Pros

Free lunches for two weeks

Cons

Lack communication

I like Group work or team work but not always sometimes is hard

I am happy working in this hotel special Hayatt regency .All staff and are so more friendly and also working environment so peaceful I am thinking like one of a company member

Pros

Sometimes we have free lunch not once a while

Cons

Benefits is good

Great place to work, free nights at Hyatt’s globally, great benefits, and lots of room for growth. The management is fair and easy to work with as well.

Great place to work and grow

Worked for Hyatt for almost (30) years, but due to COVID my job was eliminated. I would've stayed with them another (30). The friendships you encounter are for life.

Pros

Culture and Atmosphere

Cons

Long hours, but that's the hospitality business

The Hyatt Family Is The Best Part

The people are great, the benefits are pretty great but if you want to make a living wage you have to be salaried and then there's no work-life balance. Managers work 50 hours per week at the least (even before the pandemic) and when you calculate it by hour they're really only making as much per hour as hourly employees. Some of the leadership decisions were based more-so on what saves the hotel the most money as opposed to who the best candidate is and who would actually be an effective leader.

Pros

Benefits, Culture

Cons

Low pay, Poor work-life balance

Good pay

Good pay, management can be lazy. Schedule changes every week so you never have schedule consistentcy. Never offer to learn night audit unless you want to work overnight shifts

Needed experience

I worked there for about 2 years until the pandemic caused me to lose my job. The best thing about the job is the travel benefits if you work at a corporate location.

Best job I’ve ever had

Work-life balanceMinimum 50 hours a week for managersPay & benefitsGreat pay. Minimum for the hotel was about $15 an hourJob security and advancementAmazing growth and development. Went from front desk agent to supervisor to manager all within 3 years.CultureSuper fast paced but if you are good at customer service then you will go far!OverallI loved Hyatt and I would have been there forever if I hadn’t gotten laid off from COVID-19. I was able to move up quickly and they truly showed care for their employees.

Inclusive, Fun, Exciting, Fast-Paced

My overall experience was positive. Over the 4 years I worked there I was always treated with respect. Hyatt made it a point to take care of their employees by providing benefits, outings, and other fun activities to keep their employees engaged. This hotel prides itself in developing their employees and promoting from within. This is an ideal place to work.

manager

the assistant director of food and beverage was a low class and will not report to his superior with honesty to make himself look good very often will come up with stories. when i come more and more aware what he was doing i left

The good about it I like doing what I was doing but the bad about it is because of Colbert 19 now I don't have a job

Job security and advancementIn terms of job securi advancement wasn't hard but the job security was not good because of covid-19 at Hyatt,ManagementIn general, manage management was fairs at Hyatt

Productive but lacking love

Working there I didn't feel very appreciated from my colleagues. Working by myself every week w few helping hands was extremely stressful. My bosses always felt a sigh of relief when I'd tell them I didn't need assistance...should you really feel relieved over that? Never appreciated that "sigh" attitude. Never able to take a lunch break. Never easy to use the bathroom. If I got injured, who was there to help me? When HR had appreciation incentives...not one person from my dept would save an incentive for me (since I was on graveyard).

Pros

Money was nice

Cons

No help, worked alone, stressed to get all tasks done, bosses didn't make me feel valued

I love working at hyatt! The benefits are the best. They pay you to do the things you like to do in your off time! Management is awesome at the hyatt that I work

Overall a good company

Hyatt is a great company to work for. However, due to the nature of hospitality, work/life balance tends to suffer. You need to work unsocial hours most of the time and come home very late. Job security is also not guaranteed but it is just hospitality overall. Compensation and benefits are among the best in the industry

Pros

Compensation, benefits, growth

Cons

Short breaks, work/lift balance

4,736