Hyatt logo
Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews in Sacramento, CA

Work-Life Balance

Found 30 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,772 reviews

Fun people, average pay, average benefits

The people are cool top to bottom, made a lot of good friends that I still talk to after they left the hotel. The industry pays below average for the work that is expected. Very good work/life balance.

Pros

work life balance, room discount

Cons

poor pay in some positions decent pay in others

I really enjoyed the two years I worked at the Sacramento Hyatt Regency Gift Shop. I was studying in community college during the week and working there on the weekends.

Pros

Great manager

Cons

Under appreciated by administration

Great Employer

Great place to work for, best managers I ever had. Relaxed atmosphere, great co-workers & they were very helpful. Discounts at all Hyatt locations. Sorry I had to leave but I was rehired by my previous employer.

Very stressful work environment

Not enough coverage for extremely busy hours. Lots of people called off on a daily basis. Hard workers worked harder while lazy workers allowed to slack off with no reprecussions. Workers took longer breaks than was allowed.

Crazy fun work place enjoyed working there.

Working at the hyatt was so fun i got too meet alot pro athletes & stars..the people are great.light rail right next to it doo didn't have to drive.weekends are the toughest nights because there's so much going on..thats why we each keep setup sheets.

Corporate

The days were very consistent. The management staff was clear about their expectations and the general workplace culture was very professional at all times.

Great summer job only, dont do the career

The rate of pay is terrible. Managers are also terrible with agendas that only involve there advancements within the company. They will use you to sabotage another manager. Just stay away, trust me.

Pros

tips, cafateria food, and people

Cons

everything else

Hyatt

I had a horrible experience working for the Hyatt Regency, I now suffer from stress and anxiety along with their and harassment . I had no choice but to quit.Definitely not a place to work if you have a family!

fun work place

People are great and supportive. The team works like a well oiled machine and everyone is always jumping in to help out when things get crazy. Supervisor is always willing to get down and dirty with the staff which has earned our respect.

enjoyed team work

I learned to work in various departments of the hotel ,started part time and was able to move to full time in the Restaurant unfortunately the management changed frequently so the restaurant was run with dysfunction.

Pros

great perks

Cons

micro management

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?

Loved working there

I had a lot of fun made some good friends and the guest enjoyed it services more because of that. Tips were great, got a lot of exercise running to grab cars.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Pay for parking

productive and fun place to work

A day on the job was overall calm . I just checked guests in and out , I also made sure they were to have a nice welcoming into the hotel. My coworkers were really fun to work with and made work enjoyable for me.

Pros

free lunches, and hotel stay

Cons

short breaks

Fun place to work

Working for Hyatt was great. A real team atmosphere plus the perks of discounts at other Hyatt properties. Plenty of room for advancement or cross training in other positions.

great place to work just no adavancements

A typical workday included stocking cart to prepare to clean room depending on how many rooms you had available to start then see start cleaning the rooms that was available to clean in the order of time customer due to check in if there was no check in time then go in order of room. i would go into room and turn on all lights strip the bedding off and put it into the linen bin then empty all trash i would go and spay the bathroom down with the necessary cleaning supplies then let them set while i go make the bed dust then wipe everything down in the room then come back to the bathroom and scrub and wipe down everything then continue with the floors the vacuum the rooms and sometimes used a shampooer if necessary before the carpet cleaning company came before leaving the room check and make sure all the amenities were replaced and all doors were locked then continue 15-30 rooms per day. I learned customer service more than anything by working with customers on a daily basis it gave me a different outlook on the saying the customer is always right. I also trained new hires due to my work ethics and setting a good example of no complaints I worked with all race gender and age groups The hardest part of the job was not being able to advance the most enjoyable part was satisfying customers on a daily basis and helping my team members so we can become a better team

Pros

being part of an amazing team

Cons

not being able to advance/ also moving heavy furniture

Great Company

Company is a great place to work for management is good. The main part of the job is having great customer service and doing everything within reason to help others.

Pros

Free food, discount rooms, and PTO/Benifits

Cons

N/a

A comfortable place to work

The Hyatt was a great experience, but unfortunately it did not provide the opportunity for growth I had hoped for. If you are looking for a comfortable place to work that provides you hours, this is a great example.

Fun place to work

Fun place to work at, a lot of different outlets to learn from. Always someone there you can answer to, which is great especially when you need approval from a supervisor or etc.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Not enough recognition

Employee Cafeteria and fun environment

I show up and set up large parties, then serve them, then break them down and clean them up. I learned to work more organized as a team of up to sixty people. Management is hypocritical but some care and bend over backwards to help you. Co workers are under qualified and cannot work well under pressure. The hardest part of the job is to get any sort of set schedule. Being at the massive parties and meeting all of the Government Officials.

Pros

$38-$43 on average per hour

Cons

Unpredictableable hours and schedule

Great place to work while traveling with great benefits

Hyatt is a great company to work for. Once you start making your way into management, the hours start to consume you and it gets difficult to manage work with home life. The benefits make it all worth it to work here.

Pros

Comp rooms world wide and other great benefits

Cons

Overworking managers

Overall a great hotel to work for

I was terminated for attendance but the opportunites, offers, wages and culture in this hotel makes it very good place to work for.

great place to work

fast paced great benefits located downtown managers always help and are good listeners

Pros

great benefits

Cons

pay for parking

4,715